Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans Forum minutes March 2022

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/6235af4ce0766/fans-forum-meeting-takes-place-at-the-valley

Big news about the museum store room.

Some other, less important, stuff about recruitment, cat 1, season tickets etc.

Comments

• Bad behaviour on Valley Away coaches? Whats been happening?
  • I imagine the fans forum will democratically elect the 21-22 fan or fans of the season at it’s full meeting in June.
    Unless I missed that bit in the notes.
  • seth plum said:
    I imagine the fans forum will democratically elect the 21-22 fan or fans of the season at it’s full meeting in June.
    Do you wish to put your name forward?
  • cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    I imagine the fans forum will democratically elect the 21-22 fan or fans of the season at it’s full meeting in June.
    No. I lack the necessary qualities, and the two friends.
  • seth plum said:
    Give it up FFS - a broken record on so many subjects...

(and this isn't a "pile on", its a statement of fact).
    Not a statement of fact but opinion.

• New coach employed to work one to one with players, from a higher level, wonder who it is? 
  • seth plum said:
    There is nothing democratic and it is an award not an election. It is made at the POTY Dinner by the organisers as a fun way to honour someone who has gone 'over and above' in their support of our great club. Got any suggestions?
  • edited March 2022
    seth plum said:
    cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    Well stop bitching about it then. Life is to short mate
  • cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    What 'bitching'?
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    He didn't bitch about Rick Everitt (a worthy recipient btw) getting it in this manner but will bore on and on and on about it regardless as he does on every topic.
  • cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    He didn't bitch about Rick Everitt (a worthy recipient btw) getting it in this manner but will bore on and on and on about it regardless as he does on every topic.
    He (meaning me) was under the impression that each award was under the auspices of the broader fans forum.
    However clunky such a forum is, it can be argued to be a broader choice than only two people.
  • seth plum said:
    There is nothing democratic and it is an award not an election. It is made at the POTY Dinner by the organisers as a fun way to honour someone who has gone 'over and above' in their support of our great club. Got any suggestions?
    Henry Irving. Anyone who has not been to the museum should get down there. Some fantastic work has been done and all very impressive.
  • edited March 2022
    seth plum said:
    cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    He (meaning me) was under the impression that each award was under the auspices of the broader fans forum.
    However clunky such a forum is, it can be argued to be a broader choice than only two people.
    As usual you are both incredibly, tediously, boring and wrong
  • edited March 2022
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Oh I dunno...?
    Edit.
    Or how about Lauren Kreamer, was she in the running last year given her work in the courts?
    What were the deciding factors?
  • Redrobo said:
    seth plum said:
    Henry Irving. Anyone who has not been to the museum should get down there. Some fantastic work has been done and all very impressive.
    Thank you, there's a great team of trustees, volunteers and supporters who have made it what it is but we know there's  so much more that can be achieved.
  • seth plum said:
    cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    As usual you are both incredibly, tediously, boring and wrong

If you find me tedious and boring then fine, join many others, but as for wrong...that's something you need to demonstrate rather than declare.
  • seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Oh I dunno...?
    Edit.
    Or how about Lauren Kreamer, was she in the running last year given her work in the courts?
    She was very much in the running as were several others who did their bit in the struggle with our Belgian friends. Somehow the Boardroom scene, captured on video for posterity, seemed like the right choice.
  • Lots of fans would like to watch that video for themselves, is it available anywhere?
  • I think it was put up on the club website. Someone will surely know how to find it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Look forward to it, the altercation with Southall isn't it?
    When Southall said to Mick Everett 'you're fired', then demanded that Mick give him paperwork, to which Mick replied 'you've sacked me, I don't have to give you f*ck all'?
    Did you watch the video on the club website?
  • New coach employed to work one to one with players, from a higher level, wonder who it is? 
    Ted Lasso knowing our luck 
  • seth plum said:
    Look forward to it, the altercation with Southall isn't it?
    When Southall said to Mick Everett 'you're fired', then demanded that Mick give him paperwork, to which Mick replied 'you've sacked me, I don't have to give you f*ck all'?
    That Benjy Nurick did a whole feature about it with the video footage some months ago. It was all shown on the club site. Someone on here should be able to point you to it.
  • At the next fans forum can there be an inquest as to why the minutes at this fans forum meeting have taken so long to publish.
    Cheers
  • seth plum said:
    Look forward to it, the altercation with Southall isn't it?
    That Benjy Nurick did a whole feature about it with the video footage some months ago. It was all shown on the club site. Someone on here should be able to point you to it.
    I remember Benjy Nurick wrote about it, but I don't remember any video.
  • Have to admit I’ve not seen the boardroom video anywhere, would love to see it if anyone has a link.
  • Yeah I read Benjis piece on it, but don't recall a video. 
  • The video from inside the boardroom hasn't been released although I'm sure it would be of interest.

Moving on from the usual suspect's obsessive behaviour there is a lot of interest in the minutes IMHO.

The plan for a hybrid pitch with under soil heating to facilitate more game being played on the Valley pitch for one.

That many members of Armed Forces Addicks are now serving overseas (the implication was, I thought, in Eastern Europe  🇺🇦) was very interesting and slightly worrying. Stay safe guys.

Some tough and personal question to TS too.

And Tony Keohane referred to as COO rather than his new title of DOO. Mistake or a change made?
  • And the lack of  ticket data under previous regimes eg who attended the play-off final.

But wasn't that Tony Keohane who outsourced it all?

Sounds like at least they are aware of the issues and are winding back to get the basics right.

Clive's point about using the Armed Forces guys as they have a connection with the Gurkhas was very important as we're those of John and Stuart about using fans as our advocates.
  • seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Oh I dunno...?
    Edit.
    She was very much in the running as were several others who did their bit in the struggle with our Belgian friends. Somehow the Boardroom scene, captured on video for posterity, seemed like the right choice.
    The video you reference hasn’t been released apparently.
    By contrast Lauren Kreamer in court was watched live by many.