Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pages opening in wrong place

Can anyone help, please? For many weeks now, I have opened threads where sometimes it opens correctly at the last message I read, but other times it opens at the end of the thread or at the top of the last page and recently it has 'bounced' back to the bottom as I attempt to scroll back to the top of the page.

Hope that makes sense!

Comments

• Talking of things out of place. I seem to have an Amazon logo attaching itself to the site: 
  • Can anyone help, please? For many weeks now, I have opened threads where sometimes it opens correctly at the last message I read, but other times it opens at the end of the thread or at the top of the last page and recently it has 'bounced' back to the bottom as I attempt to scroll back to the top of the page.

Hope that makes sense!
    I thought this was just because I bought a new phone and it loaded the site differently. This has been happening to me as well. It loads to the last posted message instead of the last one I read. 
  • FFS!

Sorry. This thread just bounced to next Saturday.
  • @captainbob
    @Chunes

This on mobile view? What phones / OS you getting the problem on?
  • @AFKABartram On my Android phone. Motorola. 
  • edited February 2022
    @captainbob
    @Chunes

This on mobile view? What phones / OS you getting the problem on?
    Yes mate on mobile only. Android. Phone is Google Pixel 6.
  • I get this problem only on my phone too (Android 12)
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep Android, latest version.
  • Sometimes I click on things and end up on Busty Latina Amateurs. So annoying. 
    Which things?
  • cfgs said:
    Sometimes I click on things and end up on Busty Latina Amateurs. So annoying. 
    Which things?
    The 'A Plan for the Summer?' thread.
  • adsads
    edited February 2022

• edited February 2022
    ads said:

Busty and Latinos, and I see number three has reduced her price. 
  • cfgs said:
    Sometimes I click on things and end up on Busty Latina Amateurs. So annoying. 
    Which things?
    First rule of thing club…
  • When I open new threads like match previews, it opens on page 2 every time. 
  • I'm getting it intermittently too, but hadn't been able to pin down a pattern, so hadn't flagged it up with the other mods. I'm using the web version, but noticed it on my android tablet while I was away earlier in the week too. It seems to be affecting both charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com and forum.charltonlife.com versions.
    On the "A plan for the summer thread", it opened at the first post, read to the bottom of p1, went back to the main menu, clicked on the thread again and it took me to the top of p3. Went back to the main menu again, and this time it took me to the very last post, presumably because there are only 4 pages so far.
    I wasn't sure if this was just a result of it being a thread that I hadn't posted on so far, or the way I was going back to the main menu, so tried with the Match Thread, as I'd posted on that early on. Again, same thing - if I go back to the main menu before I get to the end of the thread, it skips a page when I re-open it. Doesn't matter if I click on Home or the Category name under the "Leave A Comment" box, the Charlton Life link at the top left of the page, or the Roland Out Forever! link, it does the same thing.
  • Yep been doing that for about a month - android
  • Same here on android. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Can those of you who are having the problem confirm what browser you're using? All the testing I've done so far has been on Firefox, but I'm going to have a play about on Chrome later.
  • aliwibble said:
    Can those of you who are having the problem confirm what browser you're using? All the testing I've done so far has been on Firefox, but I'm going to have a play about on Chrome later.
    Using Chrome. 
  • Same problem
    Maybe two months
    Chrome on a Samsung Android phone
    So glad somebody finally said something 
    This has happened before, right?
    The last time was a couple of years back  
  • edited February 2022
    Same problem for me on Huawei tablet and Samsung phone using Android 7.1.1 chrome browser on both
  • Yep me too. New threads open on page 2 & all other threads open on the last comment. 

Android.  Chrome 
  • Same - chrome
  • Android 12, Chrome
  • Bloody android peasants 
  • Same for me on Android Chrome.