Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cheltenham

Anyone worked out the best way to get to Cheltenham by train that doesn’t involve the fun bus from Reading to Swindon ? Also, any pubs when we get there ? 

Comments

• Via Birmingham New Street. 
  • edited January 2022
    We've booked returns to Worcester and will sort the Cheltenham part on the day.

Will be in Worcester longer than we are Cheltenham, but it seems a nice town and is in the network railcard area so 1/3 off.

• Last resort .. Take the Coach

Outbound Journey

LONDON VICTORIA Coach Station to CHELTENHAM

Earlier Coaches 
    Sat 15 Jan 2022
    • 10:00
      LONDON VICTORIA Coach Station

2h 55m
      Direct 
      12:55
      CHELTENHAM
      From
      £15.20
      for 1 Passenger
    • 11:30

2h 55m
      Direct 
      CHEAPEST
      14:25
      CHELTENHAM
      From
      £9.40
      for 1 Passenger
    • 13:00

2h 55m
      Direct 
      CHEAPEST
      15:55
      CHELTENHAM
      From
      £9.40
      for 1 Passenger
    • 15:00

2h 30m
      Direct 
      CHEAPEST
       FASTEST 
      17:30
      CHELTENHAM
      From
      £9.40
      for 1 Passenger
    Later Coaches 

Return Journey

CHELTENHAM to LONDON VICTORIA Coach Station

Earlier Coaches 
    Sat 15 Jan 2022
    • 13:30
      CHELTENHAM

2h 50m
      Direct 
      CHEAPEST
      16:20
      £9.40
      for 1 Passenger
    • 15:00
      CHELTENHAM

3h 5m
      Direct 
      CHEAPEST
      18:05
      From
      £9.40
      for 1 Passenger
    • 16:45
      CHELTENHAM

3h 5m
      Direct 
      CHEAPEST
      19:50
      From
      £9.40
      for 1 Passenger
    • 18:45
      CHELTENHAM

3h 5m
      Direct 
      21:50
      From
      £9.40
      for 1 Passenger
    Later Coaches 

*Prices do not include a £1.00 booking fee per transaction

Booking Summary

OutboundLONDON VICTORIA Coach Station
    to CHELTENHAM
    Sat 15 Jan 20222h 55m
    11:3014:25Direct 
    ReturnPlease select a return journey to continue
    Continue
    Save this journey

• Does the coach drop off at Larkfield on the way back? 
  • shirty5 said:
    Does the coach drop off at Larkfield on the way back? 
    pass on that, goes right into Vicky Coach Station .. could always hitch a ride from Vicky to home  :smile:
  • I am going via Birmingham New Street - booking tickets was a faff, had to do each leg individually, but journey doesn’t look arduous - ground looks a fair walk from the station mind - might get a cab
  • We are on the Euston 10:31 VIA Birmingham New St . . . 
  • About 8 of my lot on the 9.52 from Euston 
    Change at Birmingham 
  • We're aiming to pick up the 0850 from Paddington when it stops at Reading, then changing at Worcestershire Parkway
  • RedPanda said:
    We've booked returns to Worcester and will sort the Cheltenham part on the day.

Will be in Worcester longer than we are Cheltenham, but it seems a nice town and is in the network railcard area so 1/3 off.
    Went to watch the cricket in Worcester this summer. Very nice little place
  • Sponsored links:

• About 8 of my lot on the 9.52 from Euston 
    Change at Birmingham 
    You going mate,?
  • clb74 said:
    About 8 of my lot on the 9.52 from Euston 
    Change at Birmingham 
    You going mate,?
    clb74 said:
    Change at Birmingham 
    You going mate,?
    If he can get his lump out of the settee.
  • clb74 said:
    Change at Birmingham 
    You going mate,?
    Certainly am.
  • 8.48 Euston to Birmingham, land in Cheltenham at 11.50
  • Always go the new street way for the festival in March - can’t make this one but enjoy lads and lasses 
  • shirty5 said:
    Does the coach drop off at Larkfield on the way back? 
    Arrives back Sunday.
  • Out Friday, trains direct from Paddington. Unfortunately our choo choo on the way back Sunday is a rail replacement.  Oh well.
  • CatAddick said:
    We're aiming to pick up the 0850 from Paddington when it stops at Reading, then changing at Worcestershire Parkway
    We were thinking of jumping off at Worcestershire Parkway but it's a tight connection both ways.

Being told (can't see it online yet) that the Worcester trains won't be stopping at Parkway now, so you may have to go into Worcester town.
  • RedPanda said:
    CatAddick said:
    We're aiming to pick up the 0850 from Paddington when it stops at Reading, then changing at Worcestershire Parkway
    We were thinking of jumping off at Worcestershire Parkway but it's a tight connection both ways.

Being told (can't see it online yet) that the Worcester trains won't be stopping at Parkway now, so you may have to go into Worcester town.
    Hmmm....  The 1058 that was showing from Parkway seems to have disappeared now, leaving an hour+ wait for the 1158 to get to Cheltenham at 1214.  Alternative is to go into Worcester (and miss the direct Cheltenham train by 2 minutes....) spending 15 minutes there, then travel back to Parkway to still wait 40 minutes for the 1158.  Either way I think it's going to involve sitting around a windswept Parkway station with some tinnies
  • CatAddick said:
    RedPanda said:
    CatAddick said:

Hmmm....  The 1058 that was showing from Parkway seems to have disappeared now, leaving an hour+ wait for the 1158 to get to Cheltenham at 1214.  Alternative is to go into Worcester (and miss the direct Cheltenham train by 2 minutes....) spending 15 minutes there, then travel back to Parkway to still wait 40 minutes for the 1158.  Either way I think it's going to involve sitting around a windswept Parkway station with some tinnies
    I received an e-mail this morning confirming the 10.58 is cancelled.

Why don't you look to get on the 9.50 if not already got tickets for the 8.50.
  • Sponsored links:

• Belv said:
    CatAddick said:
    RedPanda said:
    CatAddick said:

I received an e-mail this morning confirming the 10.58 is cancelled.

Why don't you look to get on the 9.50 if not already got tickets for the 8.50.
    That is a possibility,  was originally planning to jump on the 0850 to give us contingency if it was running late and we missed the 1058.  If the 0950 is late then we might miss the 1158 too
  • Are there any pubs at Worcestershire parkway ? 
  • disappointed to click on this thread to find out it wasn't about racing 
  • If anyone can't make it I am looking for one spare
  • Are there any pubs at Worcestershire parkway ? 
    As far as I can tell there's barely a platform.  Looks miles from anywhere
  • Looking for one spare 👍🏻
  • J BLOCK said:
    Looking for one spare 👍🏻
    Looks to be a load of spares on the FB group 
  • Croydon said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Looking for one spare 👍🏻
    Looks to be a load of spares on the FB group 
    Which Facebook group is that - I don’t do FB, but know someone looking for a ticket
  • clb74 said:
    Change at Birmingham 
    You going mate,?
    Certainly am.
    See you down there mate.
    Seeing as little legs is going friday, he can get 1st beer in.

• Love to go down there as my cousin who I haven't seen for years lives near by. Out of interest is there a train that goes pretty much there and back? Can't deal with coaches. 
    So wanted this game on a Saturday in April.