Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jason Euell

edited June 2022 in General Charlton
Jason Euell's been released by Southampton.

Would he be a good freebie?

Comments

• Best second touch in the league. Sign him up Parky.
  • Why did they release him? Wages probably!

I would welcome him back
  • I am sure someone will pay him more than we can ... but in answer to your question, it works for me
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Why did they release him? Wages probably!

I would welcome him back

Dazzler.........have you had a puff this arvo?
  • Who's he talking about me or you?

You I think...

Ahh o.k .

No Sound as no puffing for me. Or Me
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Why did they release him? Wages probably!

Definitely, apparently he has deferred his wages for the last couple of months and allowed Saints more time to pay him - not sure what happens now, guess they had to pay him off
  • No thanks.
  • Someone at Soton released the wage details of players around about jan. Reading them it's probably not too disimilar to our own wage bill. But it was truly shocking to see how many rubbish players they've got on ten grand. Euell is one of them, and he's been awful every time I've seen him. Nothing against footballers earning well but like Baseball, if put on the injured list or old signed on a minimum wage that can be boosted on performance.

Euell had good days with us, but to see him at Middlesboro and then see him maintain ten grand a week at Soton means something is severly structurally wrong in football. Skacel was on ten grand and then there were a few other atrocious champ players getting on towards ten grand.

• I never tire of that Claus Jensen goal. Brilliant!
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Why did they release him? Wages probably!

I would welcome him back

Really?! He had a good couple of years for us, but is way way past his best now. No pace, no first touch (not that he ever had one) and no finishing ability.
  • Sponsored links:

• Whats the latest on the Southampton situation ?
  • [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]Best second touch in the league. Sign him up Parky.

I always thought he had the touch of a rapist. Am I allowed to say that?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJvJowIIHcg&feature=channel_page[/url][/quote]

I never tire of that Claus Jensen goal. Brilliant!

[quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Why did they release him? Wages probably!

I would welcome him back[/quote]

Really?! He had a good couple of years for us, but is way way past his best now. No pace, no first touch (not that he ever had one) and no finishing ability.[/quote]

That is very harsh, his first touch wasn't gold standard but it wasnt bad - he was a bloody good player for us for 2 or 3 years, doubt hes worth bringing back now but the think the bloke deserves to get credit here for being a key player in some of our best ever seasons - those two goals in the 2-1 home win against chelsea...
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]

I never tire of that Claus Jensen goal. Brilliant!
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Why did they release him? Wages probably!

I would welcome him back

Really?! He had a good couple of years for us, but is way way past his best now. No pace, no first touch (not that he ever had one) and no finishing ability.

I think you're being a bit unkind. A little more than a good couple of years with us ( 2001-2006) I think and there's no doubt his goals kept us up for more than one of those years. Not sure he's exactly the future but deserves more respect from us than many give him for some reason. He's also deaf in his left ear I've just found out which somehow escaped me until now.
  • Agreed, he certainly deserves more respect.

Could he do it for us at the lower level ... not impossible, but we won't match the wages that others will pay anyway, so it won't come to that.
  • Always liked the way he played, always appreciated him. But he's in no way the same player now and you'd be paying him big wages. If he was not influential at Soton, is not a forward anymore, we don't really need another midfielder without presence. I hope he get's himself a good club like Colchester and has a really good few last years as a pro.

He shouldn't be on ten grand a week but I hope his career becomes enjoyable again.
  • Sorry everyone that was the other half of me - the evil half - i wouldn't welcome him back
  • edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]
    That is very harsh, his first touch wasn't gold standard but it wasnt bad - he was a bloody good player for us for 2 or 3 years, doubt hes worth bringing back now but the think the bloke deserves to get credit here for being a key player in some of our best ever seasons - those two goals in the 2-1 home win against chelsea...

Amen to that. I remember the Chelsea home game well.

Charlton 2 Chelsea 1
  • The you tube of the away to Arsenal brought a tear to the eye, what a team that was.
  • [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]

I think you're being a bit unkind. A little more than a goodcoupleof years with us ( 2001-2006) I think and there's no doubt his goals kept us up for more than one of those years. Not sure he's exactly the future but deserves more respect from us than many give him for some reason. He's also deaf in his left ear I've just found out which somehow escaped me until now.

He may have played for us between 2001 and 2006, but I would disagree that he was good for us for the whole of that period. He was very much a bit-part player by the end of Curb's reign.

I think my post came out a little wrong. I meant he has no pace NOW, rather than when he signed for us. I'd also point to his record of 0 in 17 for Boro, and 5 in 58 for Southampton that his finishing has also gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2009
    His last couple of seasons were marred by his dispute with Curbs, which saw him rarely start, if ever and only come off the bench for a few minutes when he did play, a bit like the treatment of Dickson. Don't really know if his decline was due to his treatment by Curbs or Curbs identified his decline and took the appropriate action, but it was a spectacular fall.
  • edited July 2009
    Wasn't Euell our top scorer 3 seasons on the bounce? How on earth someone can say that he wasn't good for us I don't know.

The way Euell was treated by Curbishley was a disgrace. Fair enough players/managers fall out and if that is the case then get rid but to not play him, turn down decent offers for him (all while he is costing the club thousands a week in wages) takes pettyness to a new level.

I lost a lot of respect for Curbishley over the Euell saga.
  • edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]

Wasn't Euell our top scorer 3 seasons on the bounce? How on earth someone can say that he wasn't good for us I don't know.

I never said Euell wasn't good for us. I'm merely saying that he would not be a good signing and we should steer clear.
  • there will be a lot of players such as Euell, Weaver etc looking around for new contracts this summer and they may well have to accept a lower wage in a deflating market.

The trick, for Parkinsella or whoever, will be to pick up a few bargains and build a team.

Always liked Jason and I think he was a big part of of curbs Prem teams. Scored goals as well.

Good luck to him I say but not sure that he is what we need if we are hanging on to Shelvey, Bailey and Racon.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]

I never said Euell wasn't good for us. I'm merely saying that he would not be a good signing and we should steer clear.

I agree I really don't think he's what we need at the moment.

I never really liked him as a player but he did well and played an important role, got around 10 goals a season for three years.
  • liked him. full of effort but tbh couldn`t trap a bag of cement.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]Best second touch in the league. Sign him up Parky.[/quote]

I always thought he had the touch of a rapist. Am I allowed to say that?[/quote]

only if youre alan pardew
  • No thanK you. He was good, but now rubbish.
  • If it were the old Euell that top scored for us for three seasons, then I'd pay him what he wanted. But, whenever I've seen him recently he looks horribly shot.
  • wasn't he also our penalty taker though. how many of his goals for us came from the spot. Anyone?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!