Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mile long queues outside the ground before Kick Off

Any reason why this occured? Was really frustrating as I missed kick off along with many others who waited ages. I hope this does not start to happen every game now.

It was not anything to do with Covid Passes as someone asked for mine while queing.

Comments

• edited January 2022
    A bigger crowd than normal this season (No Freebies today) and everyone arriving at the same time

The actual crowd for the Fleetwood gave will be under 5 figures so the queues won’t be so long on the 22nd 
  • Also, less stands (and therefore entrances) does not help with flow of traffic either. 
  • Think it has very little to do with Covid passes (I never got asked again) but just simply the fact that it’s much slower going through the automated turnstiles than it used to when it was with operators
  • Think it has very little to do with Covid passes (I never got asked again) but just simply the fact that it’s much slower going through the automated turnstiles than it used to when it was with operators
    I got asked for my covid pass but it was quiet when I went in so wonder if they stop bothering to check when the crowds build up.
  • The Curbs turnstiles were packed, but no more so than for the Plymouth game, the first one with lots of free tickets
  • What was the attendance?
  • Sponsored links:

• 14000 just under
  • DOUCHER said:
    there is something seriously wrong with our turnstiles and i'm going to get to the bottom of it - i turned up at 1.40 and got in at 2.15 - that ain't right  
    We got to the ground at 1.15 (Sam Bartram Entrance) and got in at 1.16. No one else there apart from the turnstile operator (not Robert Lee I hasten to add) and a guy checking the Covid passports.....apart from the fact he didnt want to check them & waived us through. 

• DOUCHER said:
    there is something seriously wrong with our turnstiles and i'm going to get to the bottom of it - i turned up at 1.40 and got in at 2.15 - that ain't right  
    We got to the ground at 1.15 (Sam Bartram Entrance) and got in at 1.16. No one else there apart from the turnstile operator (not Robert Lee I hasten to add) and a guy checking the Covid passports.....apart from the fact he didnt want to check them & waived us through. 

well i didn't have that luxury coz i had to take my boy to football in the morning  - the queues were huge and the turnstiles were letting about 2 people in per minute
  • T_C_E said:
    Perhaps if there was a Director of operations 🤷‍♂️

yep - that would have been useful - what we had was an assortment of idiots 
  • The Covered End Upper always seems to have massive queues, when it was built, did they include enough turnstiles in the design? It's not something that can be easily fixed
  • What a waste of time the Covid pass check is. I showed mine but the bloke barely looked at it . It could have been a barcode for tinned peas as far as he cared . 
    We were in a long queue and they were still sort of checking, I could not find mine on my phone and after a bit the girl said don't worry, at that point I found it, but the moral of the story is "If you don't have one just spend ages trying to find it!!" 
  • As it was a cup game, everyone had to use the bar code on the ticket, where as a normal game season ticket holders could just tap in.
    Can’t see that making too much difference to be fair .
  • As it was a cup game, everyone had to use the bar code on the ticket, where as a normal game season ticket holders could just tap in.
    This to me makes enormous sense
  • Sponsored links:

Tapping takes 2/3 seconds

Scanning the barcode takes on average about 10 seconds for it to register.

4x as long

Queues therefore 4x longer on average of everyone is scanning not tapping.

I'll admit that doesn't account for the amount of people that still scan tickets on normal matches, but it definitely makes a difference
  • scanned my ticket in 1 second 

Used correctly, you simply just tap a season ticket once and it works. It took me (and a couple of stewards suggesting alternative angles and distance) to get the scanner to read the ticket today. Repeat that with multiple fans and you will quite quickly end up with a queue 
  • this wasn't about how slow the ticket scanning was, this was about the fact there was no leadership from the club in being able to either delay the kick off or authorise the opening of the gates so that 2000 + fans could get in and see the match  
  • The scanners in the covered end were useless and seemed to take people multiple attempts to get their barcodes on phones scanned. Took 10 times as long as it should have done 
  • edited January 2022
    DOUCHER said:
    this wasn't about how slow the ticket scanning was, this was about the fact there was no leadership from the club in being able to either delay the kick off or authorise the opening of the gates so that 2000 + fans could get in and see the match  
    Can't open the gates as that would result in chaos and they have a duty of care to ensure there's not too many people in one stand (maybe watch the recent ITV drama Anne if you don't understand what can happen in this situation)

And can't delay the game just because loads of people turn up 5 mins before kickoff trying to get in when the club specifically say "turn up early to ensure smooth passage into the ground"

I get not everyone can turn up at 1.15 on a Sunday for a 2pm kickoff, but at the end of the day no-one is going to delay a game for that, unless it's something like a major car crash on the A2 has buggered most of the fans getting in, or there being a huge issue with the trains, and even then they would probably only consider delaying the game if it affected the officials, players or emergency staff
  • edited January 2022
    Don't enlarge the code on your phone either.
    It scans best when not enlarged.
    NB my S/T & friends don't work if tapped, only when scanned & CAFC video says to scan not tap.
    Definitely does.  I have two kids and one phone with the tickets on so had to keep swiping through to next ones. Had it organised well so didn't take too long but longer than with our season tickets and then my ticket took an age to scan too.  The old boy in front of us was just holding a printed piece of paper to the scanner not realising there was a qr code on it.  Not much the club could do really.
  • A steward took my ticket and scanned me in to the lower west, not sure why maybe I looked incompetent. No problem.
    Had my covid pass all ready on my phone but nobody asked
  • My dad managed to scan his mobile ticket from WhatsApp without even fully opening it, the scanner is that sensitive which I was impressed by.