Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

edited January 2022 in General Charlton
Thought it'd be beneficial to have a Charlton only January rumours thread as I couldn't see much going on on the other thread. 

Comments

• Obviously Arter returned to Forest, but that appears to be our only news. 
  • edited January 2022
    What's the point u mocked all the rumours previously....  :wink:
  • No doubt we will "have a budget".
    We will at some point secure some much needed acquisitions, hopefully of sufficient quality and in the right areas.
    I don't expect to be excited by any of them, just as don't expect us to blow league one out of the water at any time. At all.
    We will be strengthened and we will be competitive and Jacko will see we give it a good go.
  • Presume Rotherham's striker Ladapo might have a deal lined up having handed in transfer request. Any chance it's us?
  • Presume Rotherham's striker Ladapo might have a deal lined up having handed in transfer request. Any chance it's us?
    Unfortunately I would be very surprised if a Rotherham player handed in a transfer request to come and play for us...... add @oohaahmortimer rant here  :)
  • I’m not sure I would spend much now if I was Sandgaard. January isn’t a great time for long term investments, rather it’s better used for bolstering a squad for a promotion push/relegation fight and I don’t think we’ll realistically be involved in either. 

If there’s an amazing bargain to be had or a decent loan move with a view to a permanent deal the hopefully we can get something done, other than that I would save our financial resources for the summer.   
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2022
    I am prepared to be shot down by suggesting the positions we need:

Goalkeeper/s OK
    CB, with Inniss? and Lavelle fit and with Famewo, Pearce and Elerewe OK
    Right Defender/RCB Carey, Matthews, Gunter OK
    LWB, only Purrington, OK, Pape Souare not keen
    CM, Dobson, Lee, Gilbey OK, Watson and Morgan, backup OK
    Wide players,
    DJ, Leko, CB-T, OK, Kirk, backup OK
    Strikers, Stockley, Washington OK, Burstow backup OK, not keen on Davison

I think we need another LWB and a striker, especially if Stockley has an injury problem, and possibly another CM. With luck with injuries, I can see this squad getting us into or very near to play offs

Not forgetting some of the good youngsters coming through
  • We still need another goal scoring football ( hate the term striker). More so with Stockley's injury.
    What's wrong with the term "striker". Thats what they are. They are in the team to score goals. 

• We need to bumble along while our competitors take their pick of available talent, then garnish with a couple of last minute panic buys as the door slams shut on our arse... oh!
  • OUT
    Arter, (already) Gunter and Watson out on permanent deals/ loans that end up being permanent

Morgan and Davison out on loan

IN
    LM/LWB in the mould of Leko/DJ (so a left footed winger that can defend a bit)

Another ST to challenge Stockley more than Davison has so far

Another CM in to provide more competition in midfield, especially if we lose the 3 I've suggested above, someone who's more combative, like Dobson, with JFC coming in to be cover for Gilbey.

Use Henry and Burstow more if we're looking like we'll be midtable mediocrity, to get them bloodied in for next season

• We need to bumble along while our competitors take their pick of available talent, then garnish with a couple of last minute panic buys as the door slams shut on our arse... oh!
    Whilst assuring everyone that we are "keeping things close to our chest!" of course.
  • IF Jacko wants to loan Morgan out, then we may be a little light in midfield, seeing that JFC may not be up to full speed for a couple of months. If he stays, I see it as less of a priority, especially as Clare can move forward

I can't see us getting another defender in. We have 2 left wing back options, and if we get a right wing back in, we'll be hopelessly overloaded with right wingers. With Lavelle near recovery, we're fine at CB.

It's up front where we have our major need for reinforcements. And urgently, with Stockley injured
  • sam3110 said:
    OUT
    Arter, (already) Gunter and Watson out on permanent deals/ loans that end up being permanent

Morgan and Davison out on loan

IN
    LM/LWB in the mould of Leko/DJ (so a left footed winger that can defend a bit)

Another ST to challenge Stockley more than Davison has so far

Another CM in to provide more competition in midfield, especially if we lose the 3 I've suggested above, someone who's more combative, like Dobson, with JFC coming in to be cover for Gilbey.

Use Henry and Burstow more if we're looking like we'll be midtable mediocrity, to get them bloodied in for next season

I’d say two strikers if we are covering stockley, we need a proper box finisher, that Schwartz might have been ok!!🤣…… I’d settle for mendonca  mkll🙏🏻
  • Not a rumour just a random thought , do you think Jacko could talk Tony Watt back ? If so would we even want him or am I just being completely unrealistic 
  • Sponsored links:

• CH4RLTON said:
    Not a rumour just a random thought , do you think Jacko could talk Tony Watt back ? If so would we even want him or am I just being completely unrealistic 
    He’s signed for Dundee United
  • Swisdom said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Not a rumour just a random thought , do you think Jacko could talk Tony Watt back ? If so would we even want him or am I just being completely unrealistic 
    Not yet I’d just noticed they were in for him but not confirmed 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    He's just gone to Dundee hasn't he?
  • He’s signed a pre contract with Dundee United, they’re hoping to get him this January
  • edited January 2022
    CH4RLTON said:
    Swisdom said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59796062

He's going there in the summer at the latest. Motherwell and Dundee are haggling over what the price would be to have him move now. No chance of him heading anywhere else, unless Motherwell decided to loan him out until the summer.
  • 11pm on 31st January is going to be crucial.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Swisdom said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59796062

He's going there in the summer at the latest. Motherwell and Dundee are haggling over what the price would be to have him move now. No chance of him heading anywhere else, unless Motherwell decided to loan him out until the summer.
     Not entirely true, players have changed their mind before their contract start date on more than one occasion. 

Watt though will stay in Scotland. Likes to be the big fish in the small pond.
  • Wasn’t there some chat last month that we were going to activate Wiredu’s buy back clause at Colchester? Not heard anything else on it since
  • CH4RLTON said:
    What is the fascination again with ex players who either didn't want anything to do with us/refused to sign contract extensions/refused to play/were a massive bad influence who allegedly caused issues in the changing room?
  • CH4RLTON said:
    NO,it must be Lyle