Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP John Madden

Died today aged 85, a very sad day for football. 

Comments

• RIP John - NFL Legend 
  • Mr NFL .. new all there was to know about coaching .. R I P
  • Proper Raiders legend. 

RIP Coach 
  • Loved his commentary.  Had a great voice. RIP John.
  • This is really sad news as he was Mr NFL and Mr Raiders. Such a distinctive voice.
  • Only know him from the games but aware he was a legend in NFL. RIP
  • An NFL legend both as a coach and commentator. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Very few people get things named after them, even less so a whole franchise of sports video games.

Imagine if FIFA 22 was actually called Fergie Football 22, that's the kind of achievement that is. 

An icon of sports, and Mr NFL, RIP sir
  • Player, coach, commentator, icon.  A very great man in NFL history.  And he never flew to games after 1979! Bus or train across country week after week!  RIP big man!
  • Pedro45 said:
    Player, coach, commentator, icon.  A very great man in NFL history.  And he never flew to games after 1979! Bus or train across country week after week!  RIP big man!
    Must've been a great way to see the US.

RIP
  • My hero when I first started following The OAKLAND Raiders.
    RIP…...Big Man…..RIP.

RAIDER NATION is and only ever will be OAKLAND! 😥
  • All the best commentators now gone….John Madden, Pat Summerall, Dick Enberg and Merlin Olson
  • Very sad. John Madden was an NFL icon. No doubt about that. Basically he was a superstar. 
  • Player, coach, commentator, video game, legend.

I've been watching the NFL since the early '80s and have never heard anyone say a bad word about him.

RIP big man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolute legend of the game. We've lost one of the sport's most influential figures. Not even considering his coaching career and broadcasting - people literally played the game he fronted and learned new things from it, his influence was so widespread.

RIP boss.
  • RIP John. Loved his commentary, his personality - and his EA games.