Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Toasted Sandwich / Paninis Maker

Anyone got one, what sort of brand/ what sort of fillings?

Comments

• Are you really asking if anyone has got a toasted sandwich?
    I haven’t!!
  • edited December 2021
    Two different things - one seals the edges and one doesn't. We have this (doesn't seal the edges - cheap and good, most importantly easy to clean...

https://www.google.com/search?q=panini+maker&rlz=1C1GCEU_enGB821GB821&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiv6qrugoL1AhXNMMAKHfdxBxMQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1366&bih=657&dpr=1#spd=7888161453892154692

I haven’t!!
    You ain't got a sandwich maker?
  • Another vote here for the Breville, easy to use and just as easy to clean.
  • clb74 said:
    Are you really asking if anyone has got a toasted sandwich?
    I haven’t!!
    You ain't got a sandwich maker?
    Or a microwave!
  • We’ve had sandwich makers, a panini grill and a George Foreman grill. Either dumped or given all them  to my son. To be honest we find them a bit of a faff to get out, warm up, clean up and put away all for a snack.
    Not that I don’t like a toasted panini, I quite often have the like at work. 
  • Its rhw old school Breville sandwich toaster all day long for me. Use frylight spray instead of spread on the outside of the sandwich to make cleaning easier the flat iron ones are good and easier to clean but crucially do not nib and enclose the bread element which kills the object of the exercise for me 
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm one sandwich short
  • Carter said:
    Its rhw old school Breville sandwich toaster all day long for me. Use frylight spray instead of spread on the outside of the sandwich to make cleaning easier the flat iron ones are good and easier to clean but crucially do not nib and enclose the bread element which kills the object of the exercise for me 
    I used to love a baked bean cheese and chilli toastie.  I've owned several toastie makers and they have all ended up gathering a coating of greasy dust on top of a kitchen cupboard.
  • You can have one panino or multiple panini but you cannot have paninis 
  • edited December 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    You can have one panino or multiple panini but you cannot have paninis 
    Oh I dunno, they did a great sticker album!
  • edited December 2021
    We have a toasted Sandwich maker which we put in the loft but I used to like them, especially ham and pickle, so not sure why?
  • Ok , got this bad boy cookbook on order, hopefully it’s got some good recipes in it, all I need now is the actual sandwich maker / panini toaster, had a look on Argos, found a Breville one with decent reviews £47 quid or so , but out of stock , same one on Amazon is £80!! Think I’ll keep on looking!

• Used to like our old Breville, but it was just too hard to keep clean. Use the George Forman now which is altogether more flexible as well as not being a disgusting grease haven.
  • edited December 2021
    Stig said:
    Used to like our old Breville, but it was just too hard to keep clean. Use the George Forman now which is altogether more flexible as well as not being a disgusting grease haven.
    Can you remember what GF you’ve got / how much roughly you paid Stig, it’s a bit of a minefield and an education.
  • I use the little brown bags that you pop in your conventional toaster. Much simpler altogether 
  • edited December 2021
    Use ours all the time, much easier if you get one where the plates slip out so you can wash them in the sink, but they are quite hard to find, I have no idea why they are all not made with removable plates, seems far more sensible. Ours is a Portuguese make called Flama so not much use to you guys, sadly.      

https://www.flama.pt/en/store/small-appliances-1/kitchen-1/sandwich-makers-1/497fl-sanduicheira/
  • Sponsored links:

• We have a toasted Sandwich maker which we put in the loft but I used to like them, especially ham and pickle, so not sure why?
    Posters have reminded me. It was a bugger to keep clean.
  • Funny you should post that… just had one!
  • Stig said:
    Used to like our old Breville, but it was just too hard to keep clean. Use the George Forman now which is altogether more flexible as well as not being a disgusting grease haven.
    Can you remember what GF you’ve got / how much roughly you paid Stig, it’s a bit of a minefield and an education.
    Sorry I don't know, we got it as a gift. It just says George Foreman on the lid.
  • Nutella and banana in a breville 👌🏻
  • Surely a proper toasted sandwich is one with the edges sealed? Otherwise it's just toast?
  • We have a toasted Sandwich maker which we put in the loft but I used to like them, especially ham and pickle, so not sure why?
    Posters have reminded me. It was a bugger to keep clean.
    Mines easy to keep clean. The missus does it.
  • The best toasted sandwiches are made in a frying/saute pan.