Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Al Murray

WSSWSS
edited May 2009 in Fun, Jokes & Captions
Went to see him at the o2 on Saturday - thought he was absolutely brilliant.

Really good show.

That is all.

Comments

• did he carry off such a large venue.

I've not seen much of his stuff but to be honest i dont like him.. too much shouty stuff. or im just getting old.
  • I went on saturday night too. Very good show. I would guess around 16000 there and he carried the whole thing very easily.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I went on saturday night too. Very good show. I would guess around 16000 there and he carried the whole thing very easily.
    I loved it when the guy walked out to go to the toilet and everyone whistled the old policeman song you whistle at football!

B, thought he carried it very well indeed, was not too scripted either - the abuse he was giving out to some of the people of the front row was great.

"Tuesday night dancers"
  • That's because he has a Wonderful british name ;o) lol

"Whats your name?"

"Raj"

"Wonderful British name meaning".... etc can't remember what he said!
  • One downer for me was the extortionate £20 to park charged at the O2
  • "Whats you're name"

"Jade"

"Jane?"

"No, Jade"

"Ahhh, Candle in the Wind"
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I went on saturday night too. Very good show. I would guess around 16000 there and he carried the whole thing very easily.
    I loved it when the guy walked out to go to the toilet and everyone whistled the old policeman song you whistle at football!

B, thought he carried it very well indeed, was not too scripted either - the abuse he was giving out to some of the people of the front row was great.

"Tuesday night dancers"

Me 3! Had a really good night - was my first time at the o2. Nice to have a padded seat at a gig for once!
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]One downer for me was the extortionate £20 to park charged at the O2

We got round that by getting the bus. Got home to New Eltham in 60 mins - well impressed considering that was using the 161 rather than the more direct 132.
  • Have we got anyone called Nathan on CL?
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]One downer for me was the extortionate £20 to park charged at the O2

I some times park in the Pilot car park and walk down,always have a quick drink in there as is cheaper and saves you a score on parking.
  • Nathan Prior
  • Sponsored links:

• NathanPrior ?
  • It was a shame the girl with Shrek had her hand across her face in the photo - wanted to see what she looked like ;o)
  • too slow ;o)
  • or the tube station car park is six quid i think?
  • we went on the friday (afka was sat about 8 rows behind us), thought it was brilliant.

tuesday night dancers had me in tears (couldn't get that beat out of my head all weekend). even stayed for the sing song at the end.

worked surprisingly well in such a big arena as the 02.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I went on saturday night too. Very good show. I would guess around 16000 there and he carried the whole thing very easily.

That would be the old Laurel & Hardy theme tune, we always used to whistle at the OB when they came marching into the old Covered End to sort out any bov ver.
  • 2012 Olympics
  • (mumbles) gonna be a bit shit.
  • I went on the friday and thought it was fantastic. Tuesday night dancers was brilliant!
  • Seen him twice now, though a few years back. Both times down at Dartford. Mate of mine nearly did not go the 2nd time around when i gave him his ticket a couple of weeks before the show, as he did not look at his ticket correctly and thought we were 3 rows from the front. Had to explain we were in the circle and then he changed his mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• We went on Saturday night.
    Thought he was fantastic. I was too far from the front for him to notice but I'm pretty sure he'd have said that I was "batting above my average"
    I like the O2 as I can be back home having a cup of tea, less than 20 minutes after the show ends.
    Where's the money Simon? and Tuesday night dancers were very funny but his enactment of trying not to look bored while pleasuring a lady had me in tears I was laughing so hard.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]did he carry off such a large venue.

I've not seen much of his stuff but to be honest i dont like him.. too much shouty stuff. or im just getting old.

Are you a secretary or a nurse?

*runs for cover*
  • The tube station car park is only £6 (only!), don't understand why people don't use that??

No way am I getting stung £20.
  • edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]The tube station car park is only £6 (only!), don't understand why people don't use that??

No way am I getting stung £20.

....and if you smile sweetly at those returning to their cars they may even give you their ticket as its £6 all day. I drove in at 6.30 and someone gave me their ticket which I then passed on to someone else when we left.

Got stuck in the car park for 45 minutes in that car park even though we were close to the exit. there are some selfish people around.