Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Portsmouth vs Charlton - Moved for SKY coverage now Monday Jan 31st

Comments

• Sky can fuck right off
  • What a bunch of c**ts
  • That's my plans out the window
  • FFS - Been eyeing this game up for ages. Had a huge occasion line up for it being a local game.
  • I was going to make this my first away game of the season - not now though. 
  • Bugger - was looking forward to a few pre-match sharpeners with some Pompey supporting mates
  • Bit of a bummer. One of my favourite away days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Isn't the weekend of the original date, the 29th, another International weekend or am I going mad ?
  • Isn't the weekend of the original date, the 29th, another International weekend or am I going mad ?
    It is a break 
  • This seems an unpopular choice. I'm quiet happy as I get to watch a game I had no intention of going to see. Well played sky 👏🏻 
    As long as you're alright Jack.
  • It being the International break does that mean we will still have to play even if Portsmouth or us have three players called up?
    It is a break 
    So we're stuck with playing the match, even if we have 3 players called up?

Even worse, we could be scheduled against an England game!
  • Dansk_Red said:
    It being the International break does that mean we will still have to play even if Portsmouth or us have three players called up?
    We did at swindon a few years back
  • Dansk_Red said:
    It being the International break does that mean we will still have to play even if Portsmouth or us have three players called up?
    There isnt an International Break in January - This'll be for the Premier League "winter" break

As there is a full Championship schedule that weekend
    Brilliant thanks, I'd forgotten about the winter break

I imagine Sky will be showing a lot of EFL games around that weekend, 28th-31st January
  • Dansk_Red said:
    There isnt an International Break in January - This'll be for the Premier League "winter" break

Ah, OK, thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• I guess this will intensify if we ever rise through the divisions, I think we’ve got used to not having our fixtures mucked about by Sky.
  • Goodness knows why they’ve put this on a Monday night, do people really want to watch Portsmouth on Telly on a Monday night?
  • edited December 2021
    Dansk_Red said:

So the foreign managers' committee led by Arse Wenger have finally got their wish. How long does this 'winter break' last?
  • edited December 2021
    Dansk_Red said:

So the overseas managers' committee led by Arse Wenger have finally got their wish. How long does this 'winter break' last?
    So last Premier League weekend is Sunday 23rd January, next one is Tuesday 8th February.

So teams will have that long off...

Provided they dont reach the FA Cup 4th Round, as that is scheduled for Saturday 5th Feburary - It got introduced last season (?) but was over two weeks, with half the teams taking one week off, and the other ten teams taking the following week off.
  • I guess this will intensify if we ever rise through the divisions, I think we’ve got used to not having our fixtures mucked about by Sky.
    That's why from a personal point of view I'm happy in league 1
  • Dansk_Red said:

So the overseas managers' committee led by Arse Wenger have finally got their wish. How long does this 'winter break' last?
    So last Premier League weekend is Sunday 23rd January, next one is Tuesday 8th February.

Provided they dont reach the FA Cup 4th Round, as that is scheduled for Saturday 5th Feburary - It got introduced last season (?) but was over two weeks, with half the teams taking one week off, and the other ten teams taking the following week off.

Ah, yes, I vaguely remember that.

And this year will be the same or will they all have 2 weeks off?

I would laugh if they do and then we have a big freeze a week or so later resulting in a fixture pile-up.
  • edited December 2021
    Really gutted by this, was the first away game i looked out for when the fixtures were released. If it must be moved, make it Friday night. 
  • Dansk_Red said:

Ah, yes, I vaguely remember that.

And this year will be the same or will they all have 2 weeks off?

I would laugh if they do and then we have a big freeze a week or so later resulting in a fixture pile-up.
    They'll all have about two and a half weeks off, unless they're still in the FA Cup

In which case they'll just get two weeks off - Be a great time to play Burnley v Spurs :)
  • This seems an unpopular choice. I'm quiet happy as I get to watch a game I had no intention of going to see. Well played sky 👏🏻 
    With you all the way mate, I'll be watching this in Brasil.  The middle of the afternoon having a s***** Brasilian lager watching us 6,000 miles away. :)
    With you all the way mate, I'll be watching this in Brasil.  The middle of the afternoon having a s***** Brasilian lager watching us 6,000 miles away. :)
    brahma?