Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

25 minute half times

Football's lawmakers will tomorrow discuss a request to increase half time breaks to 25 minutes.
Not for me. What do you think? 

Comments

• Don't the Scottish League have 10 minute half times?
  • It's a no from me
  • No f'ing chance.
    How on earth will that work with late kick offs where the away fans have got 2-3hrs train journeys to get home?
  • Stupid idea, will just make the whole thing longer and more likely people will miss the last trains of the night from provincial towns at midweek games
  • It's only another 10 mins. Chill out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• No problem with this as long as they revert to 40 min 1st and 2nd halves.
  • edited November 2021
    Would certainly increase refreshments sales and hopefully improve the quality and choice on offer at most grounds.
    Maybe even open satellite club shop facilities in the stands selling the more popular and current sale items.
    Stands by for satellite jokes re satellites being offered from CAFC.
  • Is this one of those things where something outrageous is proposed with the intent that a settlement happens at the level actually intended? Bit like when clubs offer us ridiculously low prices for our best young prices...and then fall off their chair when we accept.

Are they looking for 20 minute breaks? 
  • opposition players already take thei 25 min breaks whilst timewasting and conning referees feigning injuries. 
  • Just sounds like someone has proposed it from the South American football association and it has to be discussed. From the guy I posted tweets, it appears no-go's are suggested all the time but still have to be brought up at IFAB meetings. Never gonna happen.
  • edited November 2021
    This can only be a good thing in my opinion, it will allow fans 3rd or 4th in the queue for a pint to get served before the teams come back out!
    Sort it out Burger boy!
  • Evening games started at 7.30  with a ten minute break. Then went to 7.45 with a 15 minute break. The time the game finishes with a 25 minute break is far to late for travelling fans with connecting trains to catch. But I’m sure advertising is more important.  
  • seems about as sensible as having world cups every 2 years - can't see it happening  
  • Sponsored links:

• The break had been getting longer for a while now.
    FT results used to come in on the vidiprinter with 16:41 flashing as results started coming in.
    I used to leave on final whistle and be at the angerstein flyover as the results were read at 5 o’clock on the radio.
  • No thanks, 25 minutes is a long time to sit in the cold especially if your team is playing shit 
  • If they want to give this stupid idea a go then I suggest evening games revert to a 7.15 ko.
  • How long is the half time at a NFL game? Maybe half time shows could become a thing. Squeeze and Jim Davidson could do a set at alternate games. 
  • It'll happen if the leaches at the top of the game get the appropriate inducement
    Might take a while to filter down to we 3rd division types
    5 substitutes was met with similar hostility and derision not so long ago...

Never confuse the good of the game with the "football authorities" craven passion for ever greater piles of illicitly obtained cash
  • edited November 2021
    Why stop at 25 minutes? Let's round it up to half an hour which, let's face it, will be the case anyway. And add another 10 minutes for the players to fully warm up again.

I wish they would address the far more important issue of how long the ball is actually in play for. The lack of added time to compensate for the time wasting/"injury" time.

On the subject of "injury" time, has anyone noticed how often a defender now goes down after they've jumped for the ball holding their head? Of course players do clash heads but how easy is it to stop a second ball coming into the box by staying on the floor and pretending it's happened because they know Refs are under instruction to blow up immediately?
  • Why stop at 25 minutes? Let's round it up to half an hour which, let's face it, will be the case anyway. And add another 10 minutes for the players to fully warm up again.

I wish they would address the far more important issue of how long the ball is actually in play for. The lack of added time to compensate for the time wasting/"injury" time.

On the subject of "injury" time, has anyone noticed how often a defender now goes down after they've jumped for the ball holding their head? Of course players do clash heads but how easy is it to stop a second ball coming into the box by doing so pretending it's happened because you know Refs are under instruction to blow up immediately?

Two 30 minute halves with a clock that stops when the ball goes out of play would do away with time wasting, and we'd get the same amount of actual football we do today.
  • How long do you need to eat 18 chips ?
  • More ads on TV in the EPL!
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$