Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The most disappointing Album you have bought

MIne was Airconditioning* by Curved Air.

The first issue of a picture disc in the UK. Nothing wrong with the band or the musical content but the reproduction quality was absolutely terrible making it a very poor purchase. Although it seems its rarity value makes it worth about £60 today!

Comments

• Thomas Dolby = Aliens Ate My Buick
    SYNTH JAZZ......... I Hate Jazz
  • Relayer by Yes.
  • Maybe You’ve Been Brainwashed Too - New Radicals. 

Bought it for that one track……and all other tracks were shite  :smiley:
    I second this. The one CD I bought that never got played again.
  • I know that this was a popular album but have to say i was not impressed. heard a single and thought yeah not too bad. I got suckered into buying it as i thought so many people cant be wrong...

Kasabian's debut album. 
  • Some people whose opinion I respect wouldn’t stop going on about The War on Drugs, so I bought one of theirs. First play, very disappointed. Gave it one more try and really tried to like it, but it’s just so boring. 
  • Uboat said:
    Some people whose opinion I respect wouldn’t stop going on about The War on Drugs, so I bought one of theirs. First play, very disappointed. Gave it one more try and really tried to like it, but it’s just so boring. 
    i must be easily influenced as possibly yourself are as well. I bought on the strength of others going on about them. was disappointed. that and a band called Silversun pickups. every song sounds the same. Have both bands debut albums. 

another one is Kings of Leon. didn't mind their earlier albums. a mate of mine had them though i was never much of a fan. i went and bought their most successful album Only by the night. was disappointed. another album that I own and never play 
  • That Elbow album that won all the awards.

One good song and the rest was plinky plonky drivel. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:
    Some people whose opinion I respect wouldn’t stop going on about The War on Drugs, so I bought one of theirs. First play, very disappointed. Gave it one more try and really tried to like it, but it’s just so boring. 
    Funny enough I love them. But if there were a thread about most disappointing live gig, theirs in Prague would be mine. But to be fair their second guitarist was missing, gone down with flu. 

Which album was it?  "Lost in a Dream" is most fans' favourite. It's funny how they divide opinion. My wife thinks they're all a bit meh and samey. And the concert didn't help!
  • Slayer - reign in blood

I think i was about 14 and had been getting into all the hard rock stuff that was in the chsrts in the early 2000s like linkin park, limp bizkit, blink 182, sum 41 ect.

Someone reccomended slayer to me and a couple of others so went up to hmv in the broadway bought this slayer album and it was so disappointing. When people say metal is just noise i think albums like this  have cemented that reputation 
  • SamB09 said:
    Slayer - reign in blood

I think i was about 14 and had been getting into all the hard rock stuff that was in the chsrts in the early 2000s like linkin park, limp bizkit, blink 182, sum 41 ect.

Someone reccomended slayer to me and a couple of others so went up to hmv in the broadway bought this slayer album and it was so disappointing. When people say metal is just noise i think albums like this  have cemented that reputation 
    i'm no fan of slayer but when you say your a fan of "hard rock" and list blink 182 and sum 41 i think whoever advised you must of been taking the piss. 
    Fair point about blink 182 but sum 41 are a fair bit heavier than them e.g.
    https://youtu.be/qO-mSLxih-c
  • SamB09 said:
    SamB09 said:
    Slayer - reign in blood

i'm no fan of slayer but when you say your a fan of "hard rock" and list blink 182 and sum 41 i think whoever advised you must of been taking the piss. 
    Fair point about blink 182 but sum 41 are a fair bit heavier than them e.g.
    https://youtu.be/qO-mSLxih-c
    i tell you a band you might like (might already know them), Escape the Fate. they have heavy songs and more erm... melodic songs i guess. bit emo. If you get over what they look like they aint all bad. 
  • The Who - Endless Wire. After waiting over 20 years for a new studio album, it was a massive disappointment. Couple of decent tracks but mostly crap to be honest. Thankfully they made up for it with “Who” which was brilliant.
  • edited November 2021
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a3_S-2dA_I

slightly heavy song by them. has the chorus. other songs don't have such a screamy bit too it. 

takes over a minute before the song starts. 
  • fuck sake dave i was responding to @SamB09 and you get right in the middle of it.  ;)
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a3_S-2dA_I

slightly heavy song by them. has the chorus. other songs don't have such a screamy bit too it. 

The chorus was good  but the verses aren’t to my taste at all. I like bands like iron maiden , nightwish, sabaton who have good vocals and good mix of melody/heaviness. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2021
    SamB09 said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a3_S-2dA_I

The chorus was good  but the verses aren’t to my taste at all. I like bands like iron maiden , nightwish, sabaton who have good vocals and good mix of melody/heaviness. 
    ahh, in that case... i cant help you. i don't know those bands bar iron maiden and have never been a fan of theirs. you're probably a fan of Led Zeppelin?

a band i do like is System of a down which could be right up your street. Mezermize is a great album. 

edit: seriously though i think emo music might be to your taste. get over the stigma of it and you might enjoy it. its not a world away from bands you liked when you were younger. 
  • Be here now - Oasis

Right load of old tosh
  • I can't remember the title but the follow up to Bat out of Hell by Meatloaf was dire
  • Around The Sun by REM. What an atrocious piece of shit that album is. Fortunately they realised this and redeemed themselves with the next two albums. 
  • The Human League - Love and Dancing. I don't really know what I was expecting and I was fully aware that it was basically just a remix of Dare, but as a fan of the League and of Martin Rushent I was expecting considerably more than that.

I haven't listened to it in years, but have just seen some rave reviews of it. Dare I give it another go?
  • Cant remember the name of the album but it was an anthology of soul/ Motown covers by Phil Collins...absolutely toilet 
  • Post-Gabriel Genesis albums
  • Eminem's Relapse... It was eh... Okay.
  • SamB09 said:
    Slayer - reign in blood

LOL. Slayer aren't heavy. This is heavy: 😁
    https://youtu.be/qyYmS_iBcy4
  • I remember on the way to a gig at the Borderline,  on Charing Cross Road. We we're talking on the train, and the next thing I'm lamenting the producer... Was he coming to the gig?

A year earlier I'd got into Pixies, me and perhaps another CL subscriber, and some others - saw them play in summer 1988 across London, and the next year as they took over the whole scene - I was there, sort of thing...

By spring 1989, the heavily trailed second proper LP was much anticipated. First broadcast on John Peel as  session tracks, I captured onto cassette and replayed ad infintum on Walkman ... slightly 6th form music weirdo but otherwise largely unnoticed. The gigs were another world. At each gig a new song was burned into our hearts. 

I bleed, debaser, tame, hey ... they seemed were exclusive to cassette forever (about  6 months in reality, if that...) They were  figments of a vinyl dream. Not recorded, not released. Just for personal use.

I had stolen from them from the radio, and I knew the future.

An then at the club, Gil Norton wasn't there. A mate's sister was liaising (linking?) with him. He was in London, but not at the gig. Or maybe, he was hidden from me.

You see I would've told him;  Doolittle is a pile of shit. What have you done? Why this watered down,  coffee table turd of an LP? How dare you temper the Pixies energy, swear ... why did you even think to get involved? Why not get Billy Joel to play some piano, you f...

Luckily he wasn't there. (It was another night I got thrown out the Borderline.)

And of course I still have my copy of Doolittle. With the 4AD cards and book thingy. Love the songs, hate the production. Bring back Albini!

And I play the other Pixies LPs to the kids.