Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• This is being discussed  in "Give JJ the job" but feel it deserves it's own thread
  • I see nothing wrong with that. Sandgaard's doing what he said he would which is looking at the options & seeing who is available......which I applaud.

Many rightly turned on Miere when she announced similar & then appointed their own man 24 hours later. 

There is no rush. Better to get the right manager rather just appoint from within just because we've had a few wins. What would happen if Jacko was appointed tomorrow before the game & then we lost the next 3 & dropped back into the bottom 4. 
    Yep I agree aswell. No rush whatsoever. If JJ  is in the hot seat for good by January, that means we’ve won lots of games and looking upwards . 
  • edited November 2021
    8 more league games until the end of the year. How many more points is Jacko going to need before Sandgaard announces him as permanent manager?

10 in the bank already. Would have said another 10 would be enough but after reading the back of the SLP today, I fear he’s going to need a few more on top of that
  • “If there is a better candidate for the club in the near and medium term out there, we’ll simply just go back to the set-up like it was before. Johnnie is a great assistant manager, we already know that, and Jason Euell is a great coach."

As much as JJ loves the club, I don't think this will happen. He wants the step up and if he doesn't get the chance here, they'll be other clubs willing to take a punt on him
    Depends if they've had the chat already. Sandgaard has already said he wants Jackson to learn more and be manager one day... Personally I think he's had more experience than most managers given how many Managers he's worked with. 
  • Slightly disingenuous title possibly - there's quite a lot of difference between talking to/sounding out potential candidates and doing a formal job interview.

It seems much more like the former than the latter to me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Have a watch of the Elliot Lee interview and hear how he talks about Jacko. We’re in very real danger of shooting ourselves in the foot here if we bin Jacko and appoint what TS and Roddy etc decide is a ‘name’ manager.
    Just give JJ the job and be done with it so these players can really kick on and get us back to where we belong.
    They don't want a 'Name' manager, they want the best possible manager they can afford. 

Right now I think that's Jackson, but I also understand that they've had some very good managers in talks. Wilder as an example. 
  • Anyone got a link to this Elliot Lee interview?
  • thenewbie said:
    Slightly disingenuous title possibly - there's quite a lot of difference between talking to/sounding out potential candidates and doing a formal job interview.

"What is very obvious in a situation like this is we are interviewing potential other candidates that could be available at this level"

Sounds to me like an interview ? 

I believe in the actual paper Sandgaard mentions that he has interviewed Michael Beale though I may have misread the article as I rushed through it as needed to run for a train.
  • “If there is a better candidate for the club in the near and medium term out there, we’ll simply just go back to the set-up like it was before. Johnnie is a great assistant manager and knows how to pack a laundry bag

• If Sangers don't get it right this time I am gonna kick his scrawny Danish arris or at least hide his guitar picks!

• Valley11 said:
    Have a watch of the Elliot Lee interview and hear how he talks about Jacko. We’re in very real danger of shooting ourselves in the foot here if we bin Jacko and appoint what TS and Roddy etc decide is a ‘name’ manager.
    Just give JJ the job and be done with it so these players can really kick on and get us back to where we belong.

Are in some way inferring that Gallen and Roddy would wish to look elsewhere and not appoint Jacko?
    If so, what evidence do you have to support that notion?
  • I don’t think there’s any rush to appoint JJ. He’s got the inside track at the moment, and if they keep winning they’ll be no reason to change. 

It does give TS a chance to talk to other candidates and get a real feel for what is available. It’s a useful education process for him given his limited exposure to the football world. 
  • Valley11 said:

Are in some way inferring that Gallen and Roddy would wish to look elsewhere and not appoint Jacko?
    If so, what evidence do you have to support that notion?
    I’m not inferring anything. We are looking elsewhere:
    “What is very obvious in a situation like this is we are interviewing potential other candidates that could be available at this level.”

• Sponsored links:

• Surely TS has seen the dressing room footage after Burton. Best job interview without being formally interviewed ever. Please let's not go down the too many chiefs route again 
  • “Best squad with the most depth”  :):):)

Thomas, please leave the football talking to those that know what they are talking about. 

And that picture.........nah.
  • thenewbie said:
    Slightly disingenuous title possibly - there's quite a lot of difference between talking to/sounding out potential candidates and doing a formal job interview.

"What is very obvious in a situation like this is we are interviewing potential other candidates that could be available at this level"

Sounds to me like an interview ? 

I believe in the actual paper Sandgaard mentions that he has interviewed Michael Beale though I may have misread the article as I rushed through it as needed to run for a train.
    Fair, but I am on the assumption that we are talking an interview in terms of what plans do they have, how would they fit instead of interviews that are talking about terms of contract etc.

Which is sensible enough. Otherwise it does feel like Sandgaard's in a no win position. He got some criticism for (apparently) not vetting Adkins well enough and taking him purely on recommendation. Now he's decided to weigh up all his options he's being criticised for that as well.

I still don't see anything that suggests that Jackson is not the favoured candidate right now - there are multiple comments about how he's doing well and getting results. I can definitely see why people are getting concerned by some of the other stuff but I personally think it's still Jackson's job to lose. 
  • I posted this on the Give Jacko the job thread. Apologies for repeating on here but I really don't understand why we are looking at other managers when JJ has totally turned around the performances & feel good factor in such a short time, yes every appointment is a gamble you only have to look at the short reign of Nigel Adkins, that was a great choice wasn't it Thomas.

The most worrying part of that statement for me is “If there is a better candidate for the club in the near and medium term out there, we’ll simply just go back to the set-up like it was before. Johnnie is a great assistant manager, we already know that, and Jason Euell is a great coach".

How can there be a better candidate for the club ? JJ is Charlton through & through. In a few games he has revitalised the team/squad, the club & the fanbase. Sandgaards/Roddys previous choice of manager demoralised the players & the fanbase. Sandgaard has no experience at this level of football but has said the appointment is going to be a business appointment not a fans popularity contest. Experienced players are backing JJ for the job. Experienced managers in the game are backing JJ for the job & if JJ doesn't get it I think Sandgaard will be scoring the biggest own goal possible. How can he come out with shit like "we’ll simply just go back to the set-up like it was before. Johnnie is a great assistant manager" No you fucking twat Johnnie is possibly a great manager be it for Charlton or somebody else, does anybody honestly think despite his love for the club that JJ will go back to being an assistant if he gets passed over ?
  • Just listened to the Elliott Lee interview.

They are 110% behind Jacko. He's bringing out the best in them and they're loving it.
    They will keep their hands fully on the pump to make sure JJ gets the job I've no doubt.

And there you have a clever bit of kidology from TS.
    All the while there's uncertainty, the players will raise their game until he gets the job. 

Leave him hanging until June I say!  ;-)