Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ULEZ Checker

Comments

• Hyundai Santa Fe

so it seems the first site on google is telling me its non compliant (and then offering to buy it)

realised it wasn't the official TFL site (despite looking pretty official!) which appears to say it's still ok.

wonder how many actually fall for it
  • Hyundai Santa Fe

so it seems the first site on google is telling me its non compliant (and then offering to buy it)

realised it wasn't the official TFL site (despite looking pretty official!) which appears to say it's still ok.

wonder how many actually fall for it
    Apologies there Elthamaddick.  I posted the original link that I got from a tv ad and assumed it was legit. 

I have emailed admin and requested that it is changed to the official tfl link.
  • not your fault mate - some dodgy f*ckers out there though !
  • Builder mate of mine lives outside of the zone and has an old diesel truck. He just doesn't take jobs in London and isn't short of work - wonder how people inside the zone get builders and the like, and how much extra they have to pay.
  • Saga Lout said:
    Builder mate of mine lives outside of the zone and has an old diesel truck. He just doesn't take jobs in London and isn't short of work - wonder how people inside the zone get builders and the like, and how much extra they have to pay.
    My mate lives in Kidbrooke he’s using his normal family motor for work now after selling his non-ULEZ compliant van.  Tough going on that particular scenario.
  • Saga Lout said:
    Builder mate of mine lives outside of the zone and has an old diesel truck. He just doesn't take jobs in London and isn't short of work - wonder how people inside the zone get builders and the like, and how much extra they have to pay.
    £12.50 a day if the builder doesn't have a compliant van.
  • fadgadget said:
    bought my car in 2019, was first registered on 04/09/2015 and distinctly remember this was one of the main reasons for buying....just checked the website out of curiosity and it's saying my car isn't compliant.

Now I definitely remember it previously saying it was....anyone else had a similar issue?!?!
    As i said in a previous post 2020 Vauxhall Corsa Electric , That checker was saying not compliant ! cost me a £10 to register it .
    the checker is for the ULEZ and the congestion charge. Low emission hybrids were exempt from the congestion charge until a few years ago. Not the case now.
  • Crusty54 said:
    fadgadget said:
    bought my car in 2019, was first registered on 04/09/2015 and distinctly remember this was one of the main reasons for buying....just checked the website out of curiosity and it's saying my car isn't compliant.

Now I definitely remember it previously saying it was....anyone else had a similar issue?!?!
    As i said in a previous post 2020 Vauxhall Corsa Electric , That checker was saying not compliant ! cost me a £10 to register it .
    the checker is for the ULEZ and the congestion charge. Low emission hybrids were exempt from the congestion charge until a few years ago. Not the case now.
    Not a Hybrid , 100% Electric .
  • edited October 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• I got a lot of stick on here some time ago when I moaned about Khan putting up the congestion charge,well surprise surprise,he is now using his power to fleece even more from the motorist.How did this dictatorial pipsqueak get re-elected,presumably no one else wanted the job.
  • I got a lot of stick on here some time ago when I moaned about Khan putting up the congestion charge,well surprise surprise,he is now using his power to fleece even more from the motorist.How did this dictatorial pipsqueak get re-elected,presumably no one else wanted the job.
    I think it's good he's trying to clean the air though it's only a small step in the bigger scheme. The 9 year old who died of air pollution from the south circular would also be a big factor- Ella Kissi-Debrah.
    His plan for the Silvertown tunnel is a really great idea....🤦‍♂️
    I had to buy a new motor last week because of this policy so I should be as angry as anyone.  

I’m not that fussed, I think whilst it’s shocked most of us Londoners short term, it’s not a bad thing long term.  
    I had to buy a new motor last week because of this policy so I should be as angry as anyone.  

I’m not that fussed, I think whilst it’s shocked most of us Londoners short term, it’s not a bad thing long term.  
    Shouldn't really be a shock. its been planned for more than 2 years.

He may have brought the date forward, but it was being planned since before Sadiq took office

After all buses, coaches and HGVs already have to pass LEZ rules, while there already was a ULEZ inside the congestion charge zone
  • This has been planned since 2014 (when Boris was Mayor). It's hardly a shock, though the precise boundaries were only set a couple of years ago. 

I’d argue it will still hit people out of what seems like nowhere, we have busy lives the majority of us, and it’s the sort of thing a lot may of ignored until it actually came to bite us!  
  • why change vehicle a couple of years ago when it was announced when you dont know if parameters would change and have to change again
  • How can I check if my French registered car is exempt or not? When I come to the UK I usually stay at a hotel in Greenwich and travel around by bus and underground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Aren't there discounts for people in the ULEZ?

Also white van man is the worst hit? Hmm no sympathy as the majority of them who I experience on the roads drive like utter c's. Only this morning I was tailgated and flashed in the middle lane of the M20 doing 60 in conditions that were absolutely horrific blinding rain, dark and no street lights. Similar story when driving out of my village which is 20/30mph at around 5am, being flashed and tailgated.
  • razil said:
    Aren't there discounts for people in the ULEZ?

Also white van man is the worst hit? Hmm no sympathy as the majority of them who I experience on the roads drive like utter c's. Only this morning I was tailgated and flashed in the middle lane of the M20 doing 60 in conditions that were absolutely horrific blinding rain, dark and no street lights. Similar story when driving out of my village which is 20/30mph at around 5am, being flashed and tailgated.
    So you were doing 60 in the middle lane, you were the one in he wrong and driving dangerously 
    He's using his power to try to save lives, and with the backing of the Government.  Indeed, the Government wants (mainly Labour) city officials doing their dirty air work for them so people like you get annoyed at them.  Good on Khan.  I'd be happy if everything but electric or hydrogen was banned from London (except my Bonneville, of course, special exemption for British motorbikes).
    He's using his power to try to save lives, and with the backing of the Government.  Indeed, the Government wants (mainly Labour) city officials doing their dirty air work for them so people like you get annoyed at them.  Good on Khan.  I'd be happy if everything but electric or hydrogen was banned from London (except my Bonneville, of course, special exemption for British motorbikes).
    The scheme is half arsed and then you have his support for the Silvertown Tunnel - hard to take anything he does seriously.
  • edited October 2021
    I got a lot of stick on here some time ago when I moaned about Khan putting up the congestion charge,well surprise surprise,he is now using his power to fleece even more from the motorist.How did this dictatorial pipsqueak get re-elected,presumably no one else wanted the job.
    It's only big cities which NEED clean air zones, and that's a local issue. It would be daft making rural areas follow the same rules as inner London or Birmingham, when air quality isn't a problem there
    He cares so much he has just sold another 470 mini cab licences this week at £300 per licence. 500 odd last week too. Loadsa wonga.
  • edited October 2021
    I don't agree old son,

tailgating is wrong and illegal and never justified, you don't cover that in either of your posts I note

appalling conditions is the next point of reference

you didn't ask if I was overtaking or not 

FAIL

PS When did you join the CL pedants club?

PPS I agree about people hogging the middle lane, however in appalling conditions it is way down my agenda, perhaps you should reflect on that for some road rage anger management and self reflection?

:):):)