Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Memory Lane

Thought I'd start a thread for things that you remember growing up. I love remembering back to things as a kid, and had this come up on Facebook this morning, which brings back loads of memories of queuing up down Greenwich Baths when we went down the on a Wednesday morning with the school. Seem to remember on that said "No Horseplay" n all, cause we'd all stand there making horse noises.

It also evokes memories of the old baths, with the stage at one end and all the cubicles around each side on the poo. Seem to also remeber a balcony too, and remember sitting up there for something or other

Comments

• edited October 2021
    We sat up there for swimming competitions against other schools.
  • Penny for the Guy.

• I think the one at Eltham also said 'No Petting'.  As if you'd take your cat or dog in there, honestly!
  • Gribbo said:
    Thought I'd start a thread for things that you remember growing up. I love remembering back to things as a kid, and had this come up on Facebook this morning, which brings back loads of memories of queuing up down Greenwich Baths when we went down the on a Wednesday morning with the school. Seem to remember on that said "No Horseplay" n all, cause we'd all stand there making horse noises.

It also evokes memories of the old baths, with the stage at one end and all the cubicles around each side on the poo. Seem to also remeber a balcony too, and remember sitting up there for something or other

You don't use Facebook then?

Still, the thread title has stopped one annoying question running through my mind ... "A trip down ... umm .. err ... what was it now?"
  • Same poster was at Fairfield Pool, Dartford and York Hall swimming pool in Bethnal Green
  • nostalgia ain't what it used to be
  • I saw Jack Robinson in the distance the other day, but he was gone before I could say............er.

(Milton Jones joke)
  • I think the one at Eltham also said 'No Petting'.  As if you'd take your cat or dog in there, honestly!
    haha...it did indeed. I remember walking past it as a kid......quite often wearing a verruca sock.
  • How about used glue sniffing bags? Used to see them all of the time around Middle Park.
  • And white dog shit - whatever happened to that?
  • Sponsored links:

• How about used glue sniffing bags? Used to see them all of the time around Middle Park.
    that's been replaced by the gas canisters from the kids doing the balloons 
  • And white dog shit - whatever happened to that?
    Apparently this is because modern dog food don't have as much animal bones in it as it used to?
  • Gribbo said:
    And white dog shit - whatever happened to that?
    Apparently this is because modern dog food don't have as much animal bones in it as it used to?
    Particularly if the bones were boiled.

haha...it did indeed. I remember walking past it as a kid......quite often wearing a verruca sock.
    Just a Verucca sock?

• Howabout the Cycling Prociency test.  I think they used to do them in the Council Yard in Archery Road in Eltham.  Who passed theirs?
  • Our dogs crap turns white after 24 hrs if left, its purely the bones or bone content which turns to a chalky dust.
    Ours are all Raw fed with everything from whole duck including feathers although we normally remove them to save the mess, to venison offal and pigs heads to prepared mince from suppliers. Cooking bones is very high risk to animals as they are prone to splinter as they become more brittle, any dog crap still remaining in the street after 24 hrs in a disgusting heap means almost certainly the dog is fed manufactured dog food and all those preservatives the dog digested are now preventing it from evaporating away. 
    Trust me, Ive a PHD in talking dogs*t  ;)

Just a Verucca sock?

Yeah....it said "no petting".......not "no walking about with your cock flapping about"

Just a Verucca sock?

Yeah....it said "no petting".......not "no walking about with your cock flapping about"

Fair enough!
  • Sponsored links:

• I was in Bangalore with work a few years back - in a brand new campus.
    When I went to the 'canteen' - which was more like a food mall in a shopping centre......there were signs all over asking for people to not spit on the floor.

Lovely!
  • edited October 2021
    I saw a Thai menu once that had the English translation “chicken in spit”. I always thought spit-roasting was iffy.
  • There was a man from Darjeeling
    Who caught a bus to Ealing
    It said on the door
    Don't spit on the floor
    So he stood up and spat on the ceiling.

Spike Milligan.
  • Getting the 21 bus from the Yorkshire Grey to Lewisham with a pocket full of 10p pieces to be 'wasted' in the arcade round by the old pictures.
    Burning a hole in my jumper with the joystick from the Track and Field machine. Bliss.

• For anyone who got on buses in the 90s:

And for those in the 70's and 80's (specifically on Routemasters)

And for those a little older....The classic tartan design for the Routemaster bus which hit the streets in 1959
    I thought everything was in black n white back in them days..

And for those a little older....The classic tartan design for the Routemaster bus which hit the streets in 1959
    I thought everything was in black n white back in them days..
    60's psychedelia was when the UK changed from black and white to colour😎
  • Getting the 21 bus from the Yorkshire Grey to Lewisham with a pocket full of 10p pieces to be 'wasted' in the arcade round by the old pictures.
    Burning a hole in my jumper with the joystick from the Track and Field machine. Bliss.

Joystick? Track and field?