Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Captain Kirk

William Shatner flying off into space today on board a giant penis. I must say he looks ready to Shat himself.

Comments

• Shatner will become an even bigger icon after this. As all the other people at the landing partied with Champagne and acted like petulant children, Shatner talked about the importance of protecting Earth and showed gratitude and awe. He is 90 and will probably spend the rest of his life doing interviews about the importance of protecting Earth. This will be much talked about in coming days.
  • Yeah you're probably right Napa. Great achievement by a 90 year old mind you. I don't know but did Besos pay for Shatner's ride? Probably a good marketing ploy by Besos if so!
  • Bods64 said:
    Yeah you're probably right Napa. Great achievement by a 90 year old mind you. I don't know but did Besos pay for Shatner's ride? Probably a good marketing ploy by Besos if so!
    At $250k per trip I suspect Shatner could easily afford it. But I suspect there are hundreds or thousands lined up. So Bezos probably picked out Shatner for publicity and boy did it pay off!
  • Bods64 said:
    Yeah you're probably right Napa. Great achievement by a 90 year old mind you. I don't know but did Besos pay for Shatner's ride? Probably a good marketing ploy by Besos if so!
    At $250k per trip I suspect Shatner could easily afford it. But I suspect there are hundreds or thousands lined up. So Bezos probably picked out Shatner for publicity and boy did it pay off!
    Will check out Split Space Tickets 
  • shirty5 said:
    Bods64 said:
    Does that include the return fare?
  • edited October 2021
    shirty5 said:
    Bods64 said:
    Does that include the return fare?
    One way is a hell of a lot cheaper apparently, but not too many takers.
  • I realise that I am being something of a killjoy here but, in these times of trying to persuade people to reduce their carbon footprint, this seems an awful lot of pollution to send one very old and very rich man to the lower regions of space.
  • edited October 2021
    Mametz said:
    I realise that I am being something of a killjoy here but, in these times of trying to persuade people to reduce their carbon footprint, this seems an awful lot of pollution to send one very old and very rich man to the lower regions of space.
    Ah but there are an awful lot of rich old men, and its a great advert to get them interested in going.