Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who else can we link Chris Fartsmell too?

Footballers threaten legal action over 'data misuse' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58873132

Comments

• I just saw that, that lump of slime is never too far from handling someones money.
  • An interesting concept.  But if it applies to footballers, surely it would also apply in other fields, like the surgical outcomes data published for surgeons for example?  (I see no one at the BBC or Slade's organisation realise that the word "data" is plural. So thick.)
  • cafcfan said:
    An interesting concept.  But if it applies to footballers, surely it would also apply in other fields, like the surgical outcomes data published for surgeons for example?  (I see no one at the BBC or Slade's organisation realise that the word "data" is plural. So thick.)

Agreed - linking this to GDPR is tenuous in the extreme. Performance data are in the public domain, how many passes, success rate, metres run, positioning, areas of the pitch covered and so on is readily observable by anyone who sees it. It is not personal sensitive data and this is all about image rights and trying to squeeze as much money as possible for the players, agents and LAWYERS.