Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

holiday in April

edited February 2007 in Match Day Travel
Hi folks, just looking for your assistance. My contract is finished at the end of march, they want me to go permanent - yeah right !!! - so I'll be out in the big wide IT contracting world again, but looking to take a holiday for a couple of weeks..

Question is, where to go in April with two young boys aged 3 and 4 (and the wife)

Would like it warm so probably somewhere in the Canaries I guess, can anyone help?

Comments

• Cyprus would be quite nice that time of year. Not too hot but very,very pleasant. Probably biased because I love it there.
    Consider looking at BA flights, you can get 'em pretty cheap sometimes.
  • I went to Cyprus in October. Stayed in Protaras, great for the kids.
  • edited February 2007
    We've been to Orlando a couple of times in April, and it's perfect. Nice and hot but not stupid hot.... very occasional shower, but it's literally that - a shower, all over in 10 minutes.

And of course, plenty for the kids to do with Disney etc...

Oh, and the exchange rate is almost $2 to £1 right now, so everything over there is silly cheap.
  • Lanzarote always good that time of year
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]We've been to Orlando a couple of times in April, and it's perfect. Nice and hot but not stupid hot.... very occasional shower, but it's literally that - a shower, all over in 10 minutes.

And of course, plenty for the kids to do with Disney etc...

Oh, and the exchange rate is almost $2 to £1 right now, so everything over there is silly cheap.

Did that last year in April Medders, absolutely first rate holiday.
  • Turkey's good for all inclusive or Majorca went there twice with my 3 kids Cala d'or i went in mid april whether was good.If interested i will dig out hotel details went 2 years on trot in april.
  • Goto Benidom lol anyone see it last night. Take that coat off - no !! girl faints - takes coat off pregnant - girl put in ambulance - gran says i suppose i will have to pay for that.

jonny vegases face when he realieses that he talking to a pair of swingers.
  • "Goto Benidom lol anyone see it last night. Take that coat off - no !! girl faints - takes coat off pregnant - girl put in ambulance - gran says i suppose i will have to pay for that.

jonny vegases face when he realieses that he talking to a pair of swingers. "

A bit hit or miss. Some good one liners, but otherwise trying to be trashy for the sake of it. I laughed a few times but my other half thought it was absolute crap.
  • [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]I laughed a few times but my other half thought it was absolute crap.

so then, what, you agreed with her and then walked the dog ;-)
  • lol of course I did Suzi. I know how to lead a peaceful life. Agree with everything she says and then do a character assasination on her when I am in the pub with the lads.
  • Sponsored links:

• the poor fpo.....
  • Sol Cala D'Or ,Cala D'Or ,Majorca.Been 6 times ideal for families.
  • just dont go egypt!
  • lanzarote in 4 weeks and ive never needed holiday more.

fooking work i coud cry... still 49 hours overtime done in a week.. ho hum. not that im counting or owt :-)
  • 49 hours OT, your gonna be larfing at pay day inn it!
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]49 hours OT, your gonna be larfing at pay day inn it!
    That depends whether it's paid overtime or not.

Anyway, back to the original question. At the start of April, I went on a family holiday to Gran Canaria, and stayed at Las Margaritas. My three year old niece loved the kids play area and the mini disco they had in the evening (although if I never hear "Cha Cha Slide" again it will be too soon), and the weather was really warm and sunny - I thinked it rained one morning, but not for very long. There's several British bars about 5 minutes walk away - we ended up watch the Boro cup game in the Rangers bar, as "Wembleys" was showing the Arsenal game instead. The hotel does all inclusive, but quite frankly unless you are planning on getting paralytic every evening then you may as well go half board, as the buffet style breakfast means you can fill up for the day in the morning, and there's a good chance you'll be spending some days out of the hotel anyway. The hotel also has self catering apartments, but I've never stayed in those, so I dunno what they're like.

The kids would probably enjoy seeing the performing parrots at Palmitos Park and the birds of prey are really impressive too, although a bit less inclined to perform on cue. Not far from there is Aqualand, which is a big waterpark, but as I've not been there myself I'm not sure how suitable it'd be for 3 and 4 year olds. The sand dunes at Maspalomas are definitely worth a look, but walking up them is murder on the calf muscles so a camel safari might be a safer bet.