Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Were Loanhead Utd our nursery club?

edited October 2021 in General Charlton
We found this pennant in the museum and posted it on twitter thinking it was from a friendly game.

Comments

• But turns out the link was a lot stronger than that.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-sunday-post-inverness/20210829/283545158779963

Looks like they were a nursery club. Did we ever sign anyone from them?

• Yes loads.

Recently -  Arter & Lee. Last few seasons Gallagher & Cullen to name but 2. 

• ‘Were’ 👍🏻
  • From the Charlton Athletic official handbook 1969/1970
  • Only one 'L' in Alan (Campbell)..... you'd think the club would be able to spell correctly the name of it's own player.

Loved watching Alan Campbell. Tricky, creative midfielder, could pass and run with the ball. Could nick a goal too.
    Legend, because in January 1968 I saw him score our winner against Millwall. 

• Oggy Red said:
    Only one 'L' in Alan (Campbell)..... you'd think the club would be able to spell correctly the name of it's own player.
    Given that Morts was Paul Mortimore for a while when he turned up, not so much...
  • shirty5 said:
    From the Charlton Athletic official handbook 1969/1970
    Great find @shirty5
  • But turns out the link was a lot stronger than that.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-sunday-post-inverness/20210829/283545158779963

Looks like they were a nursery club. Did we ever sign anyone from them?

Pioneers. 
  • edited October 2021
    Loanhead Utd / Inter Milan / RD's network clubs etc........
  • Loanhead Utd / Inter Milan / RD's network clubs etc........
    And Bexleyheath & Welling? ....... which morphed into Bexley Utd, before going bust in the mid-1970s.
    I used to watch them in the old Southern League when I was a kid.

For the benefit of our younger viewers :smile: , they played at Park View Road, now of course the home of Welling Utd.

• Sponsored links:

• Loanhead, ASEC mimosas, Valencia and Germinal Beerschot. What a collection of feeders we have
  • edited October 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    Loanhead Utd / Inter Milan / RD's network clubs etc........
    And Bexleyheath & Welling? ....... which morphed into Bexley Utd, before going bust in the mid-1970s.
    I used to watch them in the old Southern League when I was a kid.

For the benefit of our younger viewers :smile: , they played at Park View Road, now of course the home of Welling Utd.

Bobby Charlton's first appearance was against them for Man Utd wasnt it or was it just a Youth game?

His League debut was of course against us
  • Loanhead, ASEC mimosas, Valencia and Germinal Beerschot. What a collection of feeders we have
    Germinal Beerschot.  :# 

Pre season friendly trip arranged by an ex well known Director with the promise of a weekend piss up in Antwerp following on from a trip to a new ground and some decent 'networking'.

Problem was he got the day of the match wrong and I had to share a Queen Sized bed with a hairy oik from Sevenoaks.