Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premature Comestible Withdrawal

I was surprised to find that you can no longer buy Shield soap, my armpits need this to get rid of my hideous funk. Over the years some of my favourite groceries have disappeared such as Start breakfast cereal and Vesta Chow Mein (fair enough it was horrible) has anyone else suffered from discontinuation of favoured requisites, or is it just a sign of my old age.

Comments

• edited October 2021
    Do they still do the pink Arm and Hammer toothpaste the UK? 
  • Gribbo said:
    That toothpaste is weird. I don't know why - but whenever I use it I get great stringy bits of flob in my gob.

I hope it's toothpaste anyway?!?
  • I used to love Pan Yan pickle.... just disappeared.. B)
  • Force Flakes - loved them, but no longer available.

High O'er the fence leaped Sunny Jim
    Force is the food that raises him.

Force Flakes  owenkellynet
  • Royal Scot Biscuits
    Golden Wonder Sausage and Tomato Flavour Crisps
    Walkers Toasted Cheese Flavour Crisps
    Polypins of Shepherd Neame Master Brew
  • Hal1x said:
    I was surprised to find that you can no longer buy Shield soap, my armpits need this to get rid of my hideous funk. Over the years some of my favourite groceries have disappeared such as Start breakfast cereal and Vesta Chow Mein (fair enough it was horrible) has anyone else suffered from discontinuation of favoured requisites, or is it just a sign of my old age.
    oh no, when my wife kept saying Sainsbury's didn't have it I just thought it was sold out but you are right they have stopped making it, back in 2018 !! Not a happy bunny finding that out.
  • edited October 2021
    Hal1x said:
    looks like Shield is still available for your funky armpits, Morrisons, Asda, Sainsbury's, Tesco, Wilkinson and even Ocado. Home - Shield Soap
  • Sponsored links:

• Gribbo said:
    That toothpaste is weird. I don't know why - but whenever I use it I get great stringy bits of flob in my gob.

I can't stand peppermint or spearmint, I put up with it because there ain't a lot of choice, but I chuck my guts up most mornings and nights using normal toothpaste. 
  • Hal1x said:
    I think it was a good idea to remove Shield from the shops if people thought it was a comestible. 
  • edited October 2021
    Chizz said:
    Hal1x said:
    I think it was a good idea to remove Shield from the shops if people thought it was a comestible. 
    Why them's tasty!, cleans you on inside and out.
  • A post with the words premature withdrawal in the title, what could go wrong 😑 
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:

I can't stand peppermint or spearmint, I put up with it because there ain't a lot of choice, but I chuck my guts up most mornings and nights using normal toothpaste. 
    Get involved in some Euthymol mate. Burns the fuck out of your gob and tastes like what you'd think deep heat tastes like.
  • Another vote for Pan Yan. Lovely  :)
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:

Get involved in some Euthymol mate. Burns the fuck out of your gob and tastes like what you'd think deep heat tastes like.
    I absolutely love this stuff . It does to your mouth what the mint version of original source shower gel does to your parts.
    I’ve never used either, what am I missing out on
  • Still missing the Brannigans Beef and Mustard crisps
  • Sponsored links:

• Birds Eye Chocolate Lovely dessert 
  • Just about every pub I've ever frequented, seeing as they all seem to be gone now
  • Bovril crisps
  • Vesta boil in the bag curry
  • Aztec bars
  • quatro fizzy drinks
  • Watney's Party 7 beer,

Smith's original Crisps with packet of salt.

Nux Bar

A quarter of a Bovril beef drink as served at Charlton under the  Covered End.

Roast Chestnuts sold in Harvey Gardens in autumn after being  cooked on a hot brasier.

Peanuts , tanner a bag.

never heard of Nux bar?
  • edited October 2021
    Watney's Party 7 beer,

Smith's original Crisps with packet of salt.

Nux Bar

A quarter of a Bovril beef drink as served at Charlton under the  Covered End.

Roast Chestnuts sold in Harvey Gardens in autumn after being  cooked on a hot brasier.

Peanuts , tanner a bag.

Watneys, my old uncle used to say, “don’t take the piss out of watneys, it needs all the flavour it can get”. Probably a common joke in the 70’s. 
  • Texan bars. Cant believe they went!