Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lincoln Roll call

Appreciate its a tad early but I'm looking forward to this! First away day in almost 2 years! Always loved the atmosphere that Charlton create on the road.

Driving up with my old man and Nephew so early start from Southampton!

How many going up? and more importantly, what pubs are being frequented?

Comments

• Pubs? I'm getting in before 11am and doing some sightseeing. You'll find me in the cathedral
  • Leuth said:
    Pubs? I'm getting in before 11am and doing some sightseeing. You'll find me in the cathedral
    Communion wine yeah? Haha
  • Me + 3 

Hoping to see the cathedral (just want to see imp really!)
  • I have my train ticket and match ticket. Firdt visit to Lincoln so will do as bit of sight seeing before the match.
  • I'll be doing some pre-match sightseeing as well. £9 is pretty steep to go in the Cathedral though
  • Me and junior will be there..
  • I'll be doing some pre-match sightseeing as well. £9 is pretty steep to go in the Cathedral though

• Couple of old soaks getting on the train at Kettering,  COYR's. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Really wanted to go for a weekender but no hotels free bizarrely. Great city, good pubs. Recommend Queen of the West
  • yep really looking forward to this feels like a proper away day. 
  • yep really looking forward to this feels like a proper away day. 
    My thoughts exactly. My nephew has been desperate for an away day so this felt like a good one to start with..
  • Going up on the Friday as making a weekend away with family etc. Looking forward to not having to rush away on the Saturday to catch a train.
  • Count me in, there is a great pub down the road from the castle called the strugglers inn. Eccentric landlady last time i went inn, bans you for nothing (bit like here), but a good choice of real ale.
  • Just bought 3 tickets for Lincoln. 
    There are over 20 of my lot going now.
    I've also just spent the last 40 minutes walking my dogs with Scott Minto and his dogs. 
    He said he will give us a mention on Charlton TV.
    He's a really top bloke and always speaks well of Charlton. 
    OOOH ! Please let me know the next time you're walking your dogs....

3 of us driving to this one.
    I've also just spent the last 40 minutes walking my dogs with Scott Minto and his dogs. 

Know where your parking? I see a Chaplin car park and an NCP near the station, Brayford Road. NCP is about a tenner though. 

Know where your parking? I see a Chaplin car park and an NCP near the station, Brayford Road. NCP is about a tenner though. 
    Thanks for the heads up, KA.
  • Going to meet up with my daughter who lives in a student house just next to the ground. It will be a longer walk to the pub than to the stadium! Can’t wait.
  • I'm there with a few of us 
  • Sponsored links:

What dogs does he have, and what dogs do you have, and where were you walking ?
    @blackpool72 has two poodles and a corgi.

I have a staff Labrador cross  and a shih  Tzu.
    Scott has two small brown Spaniel looking dog's. 
    Green st green recreation park.

Thanks for the heads up, KA.
    Chaplin St is tiny. Personally wouldn’t (try to) park there or Brayford. 

There’s a car park next to the station (Tentercroft St) which is your best bet if you don’t want to park near the ground. Near the ground, you’ve got South Park common, costs about a fiver or alternatively street parking. For South Park, if you don’t get there fairly early, it can take a while to get out afterwards.
  • Really wanted to go for a weekender but no hotels free bizarrely. Great city, good pubs. Recommend Queen of the West
    Queen in the West. My old local but not very handy for the ground and not much directly around it.
  • Count me in, there is a great pub down the road from the castle called the strugglers inn. Eccentric landlady last time i went inn, bans you for nothing (bit like here), but a good choice of real ale.
    Yep The Strugglers is good if you’re up around the cathedral/castle. The Victoria round the corner also, then down to the Tap and Spile and off down the high street towards the ground.
  • Very much looking forward to my first away day in aeons... Any decent football will simply be a welcome bonus!
    You normally have to pay anyway, Travelodge are reasonable.
  • @Addickted, @SoundAsa£ and me are taking the home end, and having a buffet lunch before the game.