Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What is the best bit of Charlton memorabilia you own?

Bits of The (old) Valley?
Signed shirts?
FA Cup winners medal?

What's the best (or simply oldest) bit of Charlton memorabilia you own, and what's the story?

Sadly I don't have anything very exciting but have a lot of replica shirts going back to the '80's (no, not for sale-or the museum before anyone asks 😃) and a load of the leaflets and stuff from the Valley Party days. 

Hoping to find a way to display some of the shirts at some point.

People must have some unique/impressive things.

Comments

• I’ve got shirts and key ring too.  Also a sticker in the rear window of the car where it’s been for 7 years.  Just dying for someone to walk up to me and comment but it hasn’t happened yet.  My day to day enjoyment though comes from a corner in the downstairs bathroom where I have a Charlton calendar up on the wall with a laminated picture of Sam Bartram leading out the team for his 500th appearance.  Happy days.
  • I had Stuart Leary’s contract, which is now in the museum, along with a telegram from Jimmy Seed whilst on the tour of South America. 

Have one of the swords from the old gate at the valley and a team sheet from 57 signed by Seed.

Sounds awesome. 

A championship ball that the goalkeeping coach was warming Nicky Weaver up with at QPR away 2008

Less awesome! 😂

• I’ve also got a collection of players photo cards from the 20’s and cigarette cards from the 30s onwards. 

Have loads of player signed stuff as well, mainly from the late 70’s - early 90’s. 
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:
    Signed picture of Sam Bartram that I got for £4 on eBay. Would very much like to see a certified copy of his signature so that I can verify that mine's genuine.

Back to The Valley pennant - I think bought from the club shop at Selhurst - featuring a drawing of The Valley with the proposed uncovered East Stand and the single tier West Stand that was supposed to incorporate a bowling alley.

Few pics of my great uncle, Wilson Lennox, playing for Charlton in the 30s. Also, one picture of him in the team bath - can't be many people who've got a picture up on the wall of their uncle in the bath with a load of other blokes!
    I wanted to like and lol this, so it got a promote instead.
  • Nothing too exotic, but the one thing I have from my "investment" in Charlton shares is a signed team photo from 93/94, framed by Garry Nelson's company!
  • LoOkOuT said:
    Signed, original, threatening letter from Katrina Meire’s solicitor.
    I think you should post a picture of that here. If they sent it to you I can’t see how they could object to it being published.

• edited October 2021
  • My treasured possession is my programme from the 7-6 win over Huddersfield. I also still have my autograph book with all our players 1950 - 1955 plus the odd superstar like Finney and Matthews. 
  • edited October 2021
    Surely all 55,000 Charlton Fans who claim they were at the 7-6 game, would also have the programme allready!?
  • I've got @ElfsborgAddick's phone number, and also a squishy pink pig that I didn't throw onto the pitch...
  • Sponsored links:

• Bits of The (old) Valley?
    Signed shirts?
    FA Cup winners medal?

What's the best (or simply oldest) bit of Charlton memorabilia you own, and what's the story?

Sadly I don't have anything very exciting but have a lot of replica shirts going back to the '80's (no, not for sale-or the museum before anyone asks 😃) and a load of the leaflets and stuff from the Valley Party days. 

Hoping to find a way to display some of the shirts at some point.

People must have some unique/impressive things.
    @Athletico Charlton I've got a couple of very nice frames up for grabs.  DM me if you're interested.
  • Paul Mortimer's training top from the first season in the Premiership, signed by most of the team.

Nothing physical, though, than beat the memories of, for example, the 3-1 promotion game v Preston, the play-off victories, 2-0 in the snow at the toolbox (and all those countless other victories over the scum).
  • LoOkOuT said:
    Signed, original, threatening letter from Katrina Meire’s solicitor.
    Museum piece
  • MrLargo said:
    Signed picture of Sam Bartram that I got for £4 on eBay. Would very much like to see a certified copy of his signature so that I can verify that mine's genuine.

Back to The Valley pennant - I think bought from the club shop at Selhurst - featuring a drawing of The Valley with the proposed uncovered East Stand and the single tier West Stand that was supposed to incorporate a bowling alley.

Few pics of my great uncle, Wilson Lennox, playing for Charlton in the 30s. Also, one picture of him in the team bath - can't be many people who've got a picture up on the wall of their uncle in the bath with a load of other blokes!
    Does the Bartram pic mention a Sunday paper in the back? @MrLargo

Would like to see the Lennox photos
  • Colin Walsh's shirt from the back at the valley game thanks to @Addickted.
    Also an Omar Bogle match shirt to level things out. 
  • I’ve also got a collection of players photo cards from the 20’s and cigarette cards from the 30s onwards. 

Have loads of player signed stuff as well, mainly from the late 70’s - early 90’s. 
    Any chance that the museum could get some scans of those autographs? It's for a small project that we are undertaking.
  • Gribbo said:

That has to be the worst paint job I’ve ever seen!