Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football League Trophy

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
Would we be considered one of the favourites?

Have we ever been in it before?

Who would you pick as your starting XI, bearing in mind who might still be at the Valley and the strange rule about selection policy (teams now obliged to play at least 6 of the players with the most appearances in their respective positions)?

Comments

• how could you even begin to enforse that rule in the early rounds? What happens if you play a right winger at RB for example and then want to revert to him as a RW. As for a starting 11, where would you begin
  • I would love to see them try and enforce the selection rule in a cup that the big teams take part in...

I like the fact that in the first round we'll either get a bye or play a team from the South-East!
  • Hadn't heard about that new rule. For us it's not important at all, perfect chance to play some younger and fringe players. I guess you still can, it's only 6, and we'd never throw more than 2 or 3 in at a time anyway.
  • with our record in cup i fancy us to get knocked out by a blue sq prem team in 1st round at home in fron of 3221 hardy souls - with golf and large addick at the front of the east stand starting the chorus of Klinsmann out
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]with our record in cup i fancy us to get knocked out by a blue sq prem team in 1st round at home in fron of 3221 hardy souls - with golf and large addick at the front of the east stand starting the chorus of Klinsmann out

And a village team from level 9 in the FA Cup 1st round. Slightly overweight part-time builder and centre back to head a in a corner from the PE teacher.
  • I'm well up for winning it. Hope we're not favourites though because we will crumble under the pressure. We should start downplaying our chances now.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]with our record in cup i fancy us to get knocked out by a blue sq prem team in 1st round at home in fron of 3221 hardy souls - with golf and large addick at the front of the east stand starting the chorus of Klinsmann out

And a village team from level 9 in the FA Cup 1st round. Slightly overweight part-time builder and centre back to head a in a corner from the PE teacher.
    Is Fatty Garland still playing for Whyteleafe? Last I saw him he was about eighteen stone - if he's still knocking around for someone like Dynamo Harrietsham in the Fray Bentos League Division 3 (South) we're nailed on to get them in the first round of the cup and he'll knock us out...
  • It's regionalised until Wembley so we'd probably get Millwall in the southern area final over 2 legs. That'll be nice!