Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Did you share a cab with me last night?

edited September 2021 in Match Day Travel
Grabbed a cab with a Charlton fan lastnight from Greenwich to London Bridge, in the scramble to get out in the rain I forgot to pay. If you're on here, drop me a msg and il send you some cash 🤙

Comments

• If only our team showed this much honesty!
  • shine166 said:
    Grabbed a cab with a Charlton fan lastnight from Greenwich to London Bridge, in the scramble to get out in the rain I forgot to pay. If you're on here, drop me a msg and il send you some cash 🤙
    Yes - I'm Spartacus!
  • shine166 said:
    Yeah, you owe me £50 😉
  • IanJRO said:
    shine166 said:
    Yeah, you owe me £50 😉
    No, I’m Spartacus 😉.
  • Gribbo said:
    mendonca said:
    If only our team showed this much honesty!
    A honest person would've got wet and paid.

This has all the hallmarks of feeling guilty the following day so trying to recompense an out of pocket fello supporter

;)
    Ha ! Cab pulled up at lights and told me to get out to save him time... other fella was going to Westminster (I think). It was gashing down and I had 4 mins to run to my final train home. 

I know you're joking, but I'm sure someone's thinking what you've said. I didn't even realise until this morning when I emptied my pockets. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi for Nigel?
  • Macronate said:
    This story made the local news last night.

They interviewed your fellow passenger and he was fuming, the Police are involved etc.

I'd lie low for a while if I was you, just until the dust settles.
    Considering he gave me money towards the fare, so is now £35 out of pocket, I thought it was the right thing to do. It's hard a crime, but morally doing this post was the right thing to do. 
  • shine166 said:
    Gribbo said:
    mendonca said:
    If only our team showed this much honesty!
    A honest person would've got wet and paid.

This has all the hallmarks of feeling guilty the following day so trying to recompense an out of pocket fello supporter

;)
    Ha ! Cab pulled up at lights and told me to get out to save him time... other fella was going to Westminster (I think). It was gashing down and I had 4 mins to run to my final train home. 

I know you're joking, but I'm sure someone's thinking what you've said. I didn't even realise until this morning when I emptied my pockets. 
    Yeah, I was joking mate ;)
  • stand in the same place where you got the taxi after the next game and see if you can get another free ride
  • Get Davina and Nicky involved, they'll have it sussed in no time. You can both meet up in an empty cafe down by the seaside to exchange stories and you can return the £35.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m not sure I’m being whooshed here @shine166

- You were offered / negotiated to share a cab with a stranger from Greenwich to London Bridge

- At some point in the journey the other person gave you money towards the fare

- At London Bridge you got out and effectively done a runner not paying the driver (and with the other fella’s money he gave you)

Am i interpreting that right? 
  • I’m not sure I’m being whooshed here @shine166

- You were offered / negotiated to share a cab with a stranger from Greenwich to London Bridge

- At London Bridge you got out and effectively done a runner not paying the driver (and with the other fella’s money he gave you)

Yeah - I’m a bit confused as well - if that’s the case that’s 2 people he had over in one night !!!
  • edited September 2021
    Lesson of the Day: Honesty is not always the best policy.
  • Why did he give you the money if you were getting out first? 
  • edited September 2021
    I’m not sure I’m being whooshed here @shine166

Yeah thats exactly what happened and after knicking a strangers money I came on here first thing to find out who it was.

For fuck sake, read my posts and you'll easily see it was a mistake due to circumstances. 

• Thread of the day. Can't wait for the next exciting instalment. :smile:

• edited September 2021
    Right ....

Got to our station in torrential rain and the trains were scrapped.

Policeman tells to get a bus, I'm not from the area so have no idea where I'm going.

Find a bustop and wait.

Get on the bus to Greenwich and still have no idea where I am or how long it takes.

Chat to another fan who also needs a cab, decide to share one. 

Get in a cab, he decides he needs to go Westminster after we've worked out the cash 

Out of nowhere the driver tells me to get out so he can turn around.... I do as I'm asked 

Run for my train home 

Wake up today and I've got the £25

Make a post on here to try find the fella

...get grief on here 

Don't forget,  not local, don't have a clue of the area, it's pitch black and gashing it down.