Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BET365 CAUTIOUS whilst BET VICTOR CAVALIER

edited September 2021 in General Charlton
Ok, it’s been torrid and finally arrested with a couple of draws. Whilst as cheesed off as anybody, I can’t see us getting relegated. Surely our minimum is a top half finish, an even that is a bloody poor show.  So currently 13 points off the top, 8 off top 6 and 6 off halfway.  Can we win it pretty unlikely, but can we still hit 6th a tad more realistic.  

So what do the bookmakers think. Well we have two extremes here, with BET365 being cautious and Betvictor giving us no chance.

Win League One 365 are 40/1 Victor 250/1
Promotion League one 365. 12/1 Victor 33/1
Top Six League one 365 11/2 Victor 12/1
Playoffs League one 365 no price Victor 16/1
Top Half League one 365 no price Victor 2/1

Small dabble on the top six / Playoff markets, and nice top half bet. 

I know a load of you will go waste of money put on £100 lose £100. Heard it all before, but made nice couple quid from our last unexpected promotion. An at these prices, surely worth a punt. 

Comments

• edited September 2021
    at any price, it's not...
  • Ok, it’s been torrid and finally arrested with a couple of draws. Whilst as cheesed off as anybody, I can’t see us getting relegated. Surely our minimum is a top half finish, an even that is a bloody poor show.  So currently 13 points off the top, 8 off top 6 and 6 off halfway.  Can we win it pretty unlikely, but can we still hit 6th a tad more realistic.  

So what do the bookmakers think. Well we have two extremes here, with BET365 being cautious and Betvictor giving us no chance.

Win League One 365 are 40/1 Victor 250/1
    Promotion League one 365. 12/1 Victor 33/1
    Top Six League one 365 11/2 Victor 12/1
    Playoffs League one 365 no price Victor 16/1
    Top Half League one 365 no price Victor 2/1

Small dabble on the top six / Playoff markets, and nice top half bet. 

I know a load of you will go waste of money put on £100 lose £100. Heard it all before, but made nice couple quid from our last unexpected promotion. An at these prices, surely worth a punt. 

Put the house on top half 2/1.
  • The 250/1 has now been cut to 150/1 …. 
  • is there a max bet? No chance in hell we win the league, but loading up at 250/1 and then taking it off on the exchange when we do go on a bit of a run could be wise

• Top half 2/1 SHOULD be a realistic outcome and at an inviting price. Happens regularly where teams go on a run after poor start I'm sure all of us would look at Ipswich and think they'll start winning and climb the ranks...we have the means to get this together.

Will add I (now looking stupid for it) got invested at 1.50 pre season on us top half finish as considered it easy returns...
  • I've had them for top 6 at the start of the season at 6/4, that 2/1 for top half looks a massive price
  • Wait until tonight, as the odds might be higher :smiley:
  • Wait until tonight, as the odds might be higher :smiley:
    Or halved……. 
  • edited September 2021
    Put a top half table double on after 3/4 games played of Arsenal/Sheff Utd. Both at 1.50, so 2.25 for the double, now both sitting in top half of respective tables. Things can move quickly.

Generally like these markets vs weekend accys as becomes a bit more of a long run investment, yet still look out for the teams results each round of fixtures
  • edited September 2021
    2/1 for top half does seem generous. We've been awful but it won't take much improvement for that to happen. 
  • Sponsored links:

• 2/1 for top half does seem generous. We've been awful but it won't take improvement for that to happen. 
    It obviously will when we're currently in the relegation zone.
  • 2/1 for top half does seem generous. We've been awful but it won't take improvement for that to happen. 
    The ridiculous thing about the table is that we are 6 points off 15th. And 6 points off 8th.
    I missed out the word much! 
  • BetVictor now 1/2 for top half.
    Someone must have had a fiver on us.
  • Get 9/4 on top half now.
  • SkyBet now 9/4 top half
  • The way we're defending we'll be 9/4 for top 20 soon.
  • Still 9/4 top half
    Ipswich, in contrast, are odds on

I mean... its tempting to really lump on at that price. I'll let the emotions settle after the win first, though 
  • Still 9/4 top half
    Ipswich, in contrast, are odds on

I mean... its tempting to really lump on at that price. I'll let the emotions settle after the win first, though 
    Theres no rush Siv, as were not playing next I cant see our price coming in.

• edited October 2021
    To the betting experts, I have a curious question (well a few questions within the question) regarding betting. 

Having read this thread & the odds for the season, I decided to have a look on an Aus' site (where I live), & see what they offer.

I know feck all about gambling terminology, odds (I know a tiny bit), each way bets & how it all works. 

Below is a screenshot from the page where you can bet on the winner of league one. 

At this stage it looks like we are 151/1

I selected Charlton, then typed in $100 each way for a bet (I haven't placed a bet yet) & at the bottom right of the screen, it tells me my total stake & potential winnings.

If I select WIN instead of each way, it tells me the potential winnings are $15,100 so less than the each way bet.

Does this basically mean if Charlton don't win league one, & finish anywhere else in the table, then I still stand to earn a decent amount? (Would that be the odd $3850 that makes up the total potential winnings?)

It all seems too easy. OR will they ask that I put an alternative position/positions in the table, as to where I think we will finish? (I'm shit at predictions)

Thank you for your time!

I will add that I certainly hope we are successful this season - no matter how long the odds are on that at this stage of the season.

https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/soccer/united-kingdom/english-league-1

• Sponsored links:

• Each way is two bets. 
    $100 to win league 
    $100 to finish in top 2 or 3 (check with the site ) 
    the second bet is at a reduced rate for example 1/4 the win odds. 

Don’t forget you are betting $200 in the each way bet. 

If Charlton finish outside the top 2 or 3 (depending on the website)  then you lose your bet completely 
  • Thank you very much @MrOneLung. Your knowledge is very much appreciated.

At this point it doesn't specify alternate positions, but I shall investigate further.

Thanks again!
  • Save your money. We won't be finishing top 2-3.  If you want to bet then Top half seems better - much lower return of course but at least we have a chance of doing it.
  • Save your money. We won't be finishing top 2-3.  If you want to bet then Top half seems better - much lower return of course but at least we have a chance of doing it.
    £445 stake on top half will net you £1k profit at 9/4
  • On the subject of Bet365, must've been an incredible weekend for them and all other bookies.

United drew at home.
    Bayern lost at home.
    Ajax lost at home.
    Benfica lost at home.
    Zenit lost at home.
    Real Madrid lost.
    PSG lost.

@bobmunro seen taking delivery of a brand new Bentley this morning.
  • Can only assume @AFKABartram had Bayern, Ajax, Benfica, Zenit, Madrid and PSG in his accy.
  • On the subject of Bet365, must've been an incredible weekend for them and all other bookies.

United drew at home.
    Bayern lost at home.
    Ajax lost at home.
    Benfica lost at home.
    Zenit lost at home.
    Real Madrid lost.
    PSG lost.

@bobmunro seen taking delivery of a brand new Bentley this morning.
    I’ve upgraded to a Rolls!
  • Anyone got a link to the 9/4 top half bet ?

• Anyone got a link to the 9/4 top half bet ?

It’s SKYBET go to competitions League 1, Outrights and it’s there. 

• That's the one. 

Easy money, surely....