Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Thanks for this. That Leko card looks pretty solid tbf. I always make a Charlton team on UT just to use as a 2nd squad.
  • I wonder if they have the real fixtures this year?
  • Not worth getting on PC this year as they're using the same engine as 21, gonna sit this one out. Weird as it's all new on PS5/XBS
  • The games been poor for a few years now, it's the same with PES. Shame we can't have a decent realistic game. 
  • The games been poor for a few years now, it's the same with PES. Shame we can't have a decent realistic game. 
    Yep. They only care about making as much money as possible off ultimate team.

I kept getting matched with 5 star teams when using Charlton on online seasons with 21 - hope that doesn’t happen on 22!
  • Not worth getting on PC this year as they're using the same engine as 21, gonna sit this one out. Weird as it's all new on PS5/XBS
    Oh wtf that's so dumb, I was gonna buy it.... Joke really 
  • arny23394 said:
    The games been poor for a few years now, it's the same with PES. Shame we can't have a decent realistic game. 
    Yep. They only care about making as much money as possible off ultimate team.

I kept getting matched with 5 star teams when using Charlton on online seasons with 21 - hope that doesn’t happen on 22!
    Strange because I usually struggle to find an opponent when I’m Charlton but when I do it’s a pretty fair game (Xbox). You can adjust settings so your opponent is a similar star too
  • To be fair to them the game feels pretty different to last couple of years. However a few of the pro players are complaining because spamming skill moves and threaded through balls isn't as effective, nor is playing a back 5 with 5 fullbacks in the starting XI. 

The keepers are a bit too powerful at the moment, I'm sure they'll patch that soon, I just hope they don't make any other significant changes to the way the game handles, because right now I'm winning quite a lot of games and my squad is looking decent
  • Played it properly for the first time last night on PS5.

Agreed that it does feel different this year. A couple of games with Charlton and you can notice that the games are a lot scrappier when you have less quality on the pitch. I like it so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:
    Played it properly for the first time last night on PS5.

Agreed that it does feel different this year. A couple of games with Charlton and you can notice that the games are a lot scrappier when you have less quality on the pitch. I like it so far.
    Weirdly it feels like it makes different every year and then they patch it and it all feels the same.

either that’s me just getting used to the new system or they actually do just revert it back
  • edited September 2021
    Ive given up buying FIFA at release for a couple of years now, struggle to justify paying £40-£50 when I can just wait a few months for it to be included in game pass. Ill stick with FIFA 21 until 22 lands on GP next year. 
  • esseffect said:
    cafctom said:
    Played it properly for the first time last night on PS5.

Weirdly it feels like it makes different every year and then they patch it and it all feels the same.

either that’s me just getting used to the new system or they actually do just revert it back
    Always thought that.
  • PS4, i got ea pay for 10 hours early  which i think i had 2 hours left but went for FUT edition this year as i wanted it early so played a few hours yesterday. 

Feels good, not quite used to defending. Not the same as last years and to me the best one in a while. Lukaku is a beast, i dont have him, but he's ridiculous against me. Pack luck has been shite so far, but build a fairly solid team for this stage 82 rated, pretty much mostly Chelsea for now, not intended 

Debating whether to go for Werner or Aubey up top, playing 433 Left and right forwards, now in slight upgrade for each position at mo i have Tony TOTW up top (not played yet as i got him on the app yesterday) , if no good i might sell him as he keeps going for £49,500 alot which is odd as you can get him for £20k, so hopefully worst case might be lucky if timed well
  • Always swerved Fifa for a long time. Just find the games are all the same year in year out. 

Personally prefer Football Manager as there is always something a little different to learn each game. 
  • Got fifa arriving for the ps5 next Friday, can't wait.. not really played it for a couple of year. Same with FM, might ask for that at Xmas. 
  • my current team, early doors but now can upgrade each position. 
    433(2) 
    Mendy
    Reece James
    Aspiwhatever
    Rudiger
    Tierney
    Ndidi
    Kovacic
    Havertz
    Ziyech
    Tony (TOTW) 
    Zaha

As in my previous post, i didn't deliberately go chelsea just felt a few bargains and players who would do well. Hopefully will be less blue once i start getting some next level players. No walkouts thus far and only a handful of boards( whatever that means) 
  • Played some online seasons as Charlton yesterday - first 3 games I played RB Salzburg, Besiktas & Fenerbache - turned on restrictive matchmaking to give me a team closer to Charltons level and I’ve had PSG twice & Celtic once. Believe it or not, Inniss struggles to keep up with Mbappe & Neymar.
  • Don't play it personally but read last week that EA are planning this to be the last realease in it's current format and it will become a free to play Ultimate Team game from next year as that's where they make the money.
  • Don't play it personally but read last week that EA are planning this to be the last realease in it's current format and it will become a free to play Ultimate Team game from next year as that's where they make the money.
    There's several new football games in the pipeline from different studios, I reckon FIFA will be looking to diversify before they arrive. 
  • Sponsored links:

• My current team is

Szczczczczczcny
    Cuadrado Skriniar Koulibaly Hernandez
    Chiesa Dybala Kessié Insigne
    Osimhen (TOTW) Immobile

I have Lewandowski, Lukaku, Aubameyang, Pogba, Llorente, Koundé, Ederson, Sanë, Malen OTW and Militao in the squad too, going to end up building a hybrid squad for weekend league etc, but from early games you can't beat having a striker with a mix of pace and power, so Lukaku, Haaland and immobile are all great strikers for different budgets
  • A more realistic game this season with some unpredictable outcomes which is both good but frustrating at times as you don’t always feel in control of your actions. I have had the ball rebound off the heal of a CB from my pass for it to run to the opponents forward and score a goal for example. 

I am on the cusp of Div 5 in Ultimate team and am pretty decent at the game but am coming up against some real ballers, more so those that know how to use the team settings more effectively than skillers, as that appears more difficult this year and passing/crossing is more king in the game.

One major observation is that 90%+ of my goals scored are finesse, chip or headed goals. 99% of a regular shot are saved by the keeper sometimes worldies by 81 rated keepers, so suspect the game is frustrating for some if you don’t have experience of those shooting methods mentioned.

My one tip and I have played around 70 games already is to not be afraid shooting across the goal rather than go for near post on either wing side. I have scored some really good goals using that method. 

Finally I spotted that I was getting beaten about 5 games in a row by teams who had set their team to DROP BACK. It forces your defenders and CDMs to drop deeper making in box shooting more difficult for the opponent. That said, you are then susceptible on long range finesse shots.
  • Silver league UT weekly challengers are back and my 4-3-1-2 all CAFC silver squad are making light work of much pacier/higher rated opposition. Have only added a Catalyst to Inniss, otherwise kept to Basic chem style on all other players. Lee is the stand out in CAM, but the MAX chem looks like it is really helping.
  • Not played much of it but I have made my first new team on career mode and kicked Palarse out of the Premier League, that was nice. I like the new feature they’ve put in with the kits and the stadium etc. 
  • Only played about 15 games so far, first one I've had in 3/4 seasons. Currently chipping away at the easier sbcs. 
  • Are you playing next gen PS5 or PS4/Xbox? PS5 is far more dynamic, they use a completely different engine for it, but it is so much more realistic as a result. Pro gamers are not liking it based on the Podcasts I listen to, as they can no longer spam Worldy skill moves to break those less able. Playing the game like you would in real life with patient build up, crosses, through balls exploiting pacey strikers etc is the way it has gone on the next gen version. Old gen, same play as last year.

Really enjoying it, as the next gen version definitely allows me to play to my strengths and I am now a game away from Div 4.
  • Ps5, quite like how I can win a game 5-0 and then struggle in the next..I really am pretty crap though atm.
  • My Team. Just got into Div 5 on rivals. Played 20 games. Won 16 drawn 4. Got in to Div 1 last year. PS5. Prefer this Fifa. More tactical and plays how football should be played in my eyes. 
  • edited October 2021
    Are you playing next gen PS5 or PS4/Xbox? PS5 is far more dynamic, they use a completely different engine for it, but it is so much more realistic as a result. Pro gamers are not liking it based on the Podcasts I listen to, as they can no longer spam Worldy skill moves to break those less able. Playing the game like you would in real life with patient build up, crosses, through balls exploiting pacey strikers etc is the way it has gone on the next gen version. Old gen, same play as last year.

Really enjoying it, as the next gen version definitely allows me to play to my strengths and I am now a game away from Div 4.
    I’m on PS5 and I’m enjoying it now I’m not using Charlton & getting matched with 4/5 star teams. Definitely the best fifa yet, but still quite a few things wrong with it. 

- player switching is fucked
    - holding r1 when defending to get another player to press doesn’t really work
    - fouls don’t appear to be a thing in this game unless you absolutely maim someone
    - keepers as usual are ridiculous 
    - the drop back tactic where the other team have 4 defenders just standing in front of the goal - every fucker seems to use this online, drives me mad.
  • James86 said:
    My Team. Just got into Div 5 on rivals. Played 20 games. Won 16 drawn 4. Got in to Div 1 last year. PS5. Prefer this Fifa. More tactical and plays how football should be played in my eyes. 
    Really like that team. Not sure how they can class Barella as a CDM though.