Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

M!llwall looking to build their new training ground in West Kingsdown???

Local residents have received letters from "them lot" regarding their plans to build a new training ground in Kent....

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/news/millwall-consider-plans-to-move-training-facilities-to-kent-254688/

Comments

• Not clicked link, but Bought land down Fawkham Lane, haven’t they?
  • Not clicked link, but Bought land down Fawkham Lane, haven’t they?
    yes they have.
  • I wonder if we could end up sharing it with them?  (runs for cover).
    They used to train behind Sparrows Lane didnt they, as there was that incident when Curbs / McCarthy were the Managers of the two clubs and there was some incident in the 90s (elbow thrown during a game) where Curbs called Mick and told him to come over as he wanted him to see the footage before we made the complaint.
  • Sounds sensible as the training ground in Downham is a bit knackered. Weren't we once looking at moving the training ground to Kings Hill?
  • Thought they used facilities near South Circular, blackheath rugby?
  • iamdan said:
    Thought they used facilities near South Circular, blackheath rugby?
    Last time I looked their training ground was in Bromley/ Ravensbourne, nr the golf course. I suppose you could say it was Downham but residents would say otherwise....😄
  • Calmont Road, Bromley

• Was saying to Goonerhater on FB, that gonna hit house prices
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2021
    The welcoming main gate

They used to train behind Sparrows Lane didnt they, as there was that incident when Curbs / McCarthy were the Managers of the two clubs and there was some incident in the 90s (elbow thrown during a game) where Curbs called Mick and told him to come over as he wanted him to see the footage before we made the complaint.
    Was that Pat Van den How on Shaun Newton in the first minute of the game where we won 2-0, Bowyer and Leaburn scoring?
  • iaitch said:
    I wonder if we could end up sharing it with them?  (runs for cover).
    Was that Pat Van den How on Shaun Newton in the first minute of the game where we won 2-0, Bowyer and Leaburn scoring?
    Yeah I think that was the fella
  • But at least they will own there own land...
  • Article says that it would be easy to get to........just depends on where the players live. Assuming most live Bromley, Chislehurst & that side of the M25 then traipsing through the back streets of Swanley & Sidcup when the A20 is buggered wont be fun. 
  • iaitch said:
    I wonder if we could end up sharing it with them?  (runs for cover).
    The game finished 0-0
  • edited September 2021
    iamdan said:
    Thought they used facilities near South Circular, blackheath rugby?
    Often thought that if ever we were in a position where we had to leave The Valley it would be an ideal place to move to.

• Blackheath Rugby Ltd
    Kidbrooke Ln, London SE9 6TE, United Kingdom
    https://blackheathrugby.co.uk/contact-us/
  • I'm surprised Palace haven't thought about moving to another site, as their training ground looks pretty cramped to me, and with their vast PL income they could afford something much better
  • Palace have the old Natwest sports ground in Copers Cope Road Beckenham and have spent quite a bit on laying quite a few pitches and an indoor one too.

• Sponsored links:

• plenty of other grounds adjacent to the Palace one they could just probably purchase to increase in size
  • iaitch said:
    Palace have the old Natwest sports ground in Copers Cope Road Beckenham and have spent quite a bit on laying quite a few pitches and an indoor one too.

And Kent County Cricket Club allow them to use their adjacent facilities - unfortunately!
  • iaitch said:
    Palace have the old Natwest sports ground in Copers Cope Road Beckenham and have spent quite a bit on laying quite a few pitches and an indoor one too.

And Kent County Cricket Club allow them to use their adjacent facilities - unfortunately!
    There is no shame left in this world .
    I’m just glad I support the Eagles at cricket .
  • iaitch said:

Hope we charge them exhorbitant charges!
  • iaitch said:

There is no shame left in this world .
    I’m just glad I support the Eagles at cricket .
    😡
  • plenty of other grounds adjacent to the Palace one they could just probably purchase to increase in size
    That's exactly what they've done
  • edited September 2021
    Not an easy place to get to for their youngsters who don’t yet drive using public transport.
    Have they thought that through?
  • Not an easy place to get to for their youngsters who don’t yet drive using public transport.
    very good point - maybe they are scrapping their academy? hope so 
  • Not an easy place to get to for their youngsters who don’t yet drive using public transport.
    Millwall Football Club's Academy, based at the Well Hall training ground, is a source of great pride for everyone connected with The Lions.
    https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/teams/academy/our-philosophy/