Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andrew Barclay

edited February 2022 in Rumours
Andrew Barclay tweeting about signing Jack Wilshere. Has Thomas been seeking further investment while he was over here last week. ?

Comments

• Andrew Barcley, "come on down".

You know it makes sense
  • Average Addick, hope you're ready for the 36000 notifications incoming 
  • Good he's showing an interest in this but can't see anything happening soon 
  • Sponsored links:

• Nothing good will become of this thread. 
  • Barclay threw his hat into the ring and never fully took it back. TS previously has said he's open to investment so you never know.

• Barclay threw his hat into the ring and never fully took it back. TS previously has said he's open to investment so you never know.

Barclay didnt proceed further because he said he didnt want to purchase the club without buying The Valley and SL.....iirc 

Might be different though if he was only a minority shareholder or suchlike
  • Wilshere can’t happen until January, we don’t have room in our squad. I thought we used up all 22 spaces (or however many we’re allowed).
  • Scoham said:
    Wilshere can’t happen until January, we don’t have room in our squad. I thought we used up all 22 spaces (or however many we’re allowed).
    Wilshire won’t happen for thousands of reasons 
  • Is this a tactical tweet to curry favour with the fanbase i.e. "look at the ambition he has/ get Barclay on board as an investor/ our owner" and perhaps leverage any resultant supporter pressure and exploit the current critical feeling out there on social media. 

Or am I'm just looking into it too much and it's an innocuous tweet from someone who has an interest in our club and thinks it would be a good signing?!!

Probably the latter as is normally the case with such things!

• edited September 2021
  • Sponsored links:

Barclay didnt proceed further because he said he didnt want to purchase the club without buying The Valley and SL.....iirc 

Might be different though if he was only a minority shareholder or suchlike
    Not entirely truthful to end the story there. He backed out because he didn't want to pay the price that was being demanded to include the Valley & SL. Not just because he didn't want to purchase the club without them. 
  • edited September 2021
    se9addick said:
    Why would you want to own a stake (likely a minority stake) in a football club that loses millions, is two promotions from the Premier League and doesn’t own its principle real estate assets?
    Maybe he just likes a challenge... B)
  • If Barclay is seeing the negative social media postings from fans, who knows if he's contacted TS with a proposition, or possiblythe other way round? It's not beyond all realms. 

Seem to remember from reading up on him before, that he and his family are very private when it comes to dough and business.
  • Although there may be some truth to his interest, it does seem to be a bit of a fishy rumour.

Has he responded to anyone asking him about his interest in CAFC or is he being Koi about it?
    Lovely jubbly this thread is taking shape nicely with a fish pun early doors and definitely has mileage 😉,
  • Although there may be some truth to his interest, it does seem to be a bit of a fishy rumour.

Has he responded to anyone asking him about his interest in CAFC or is he being Koi about it?

I can see you are casting your net far to see what sort of catch you can achieve... B)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!