Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

EFL on Quest

Does anyone else watch this show and notice how poorly it's put together? I know Quest are not a big player by any stretch so I'm not expecting Match of the Day quality however it is laughably bad in some parts. 

I assume all the commentary is done after the games and therefore isn't live yet literally every time I watch it the commentators will get the name of teams, players and goal-scorers wrong. Once in a while you'd accept however it happens every episode without fail more than once. 

Tonight's introduction by Colin Murray (Who tbf is a good presenter) is 'Forget about Ronaldo, tonight we're all about Armstrong, Austin and Deeney'. I'm fairly certain the Armstrong referred to is the ex blackburn striker who isn't even playing in the championship anymore having moved to Southampton this year. 

My main reason for posting though, in all the years I've owned a sky plus box this is the only channel I've ever had which doesn't seem to let you rewind, whenever I hit rewind it takes me right back to the start of the show? Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• I avoid the show completely because I hate to be reminded how shit Charlton are and the highlights invariably show the opposition having chance after chance. 
  • edited September 2021
    Quest assembles highlights from between 30 and 40 games in about 3 hours on a Saturday evening, plus writing a bit of a script and briefing the guest pundit(s). Given this complexity in a short time, they do not do too bad a job. I assume they either buy from, or share the costs with Sky, the highlights shown by both are always VERY similar. 
  • Carter said:
    I think its a quality programme, excellent punditry not to mention the fonts of knowledge George Elek and Ali Maxwell, nothing about the EFL those amazing pair of geeks dont know. Colin Murray is a good broadcaster
    Agreed, they do a good job, and much improved since they went to 1 hour for L1 and L2, rather than 30 minutes
  • Rudders22 said:
    only watch it when we win
    This 
  • Rudders22 said:
    only watch it when we win
    won't be watching it much this season then 
  • edited September 2021
    Punditry for EFL football is generally awful - whether it’s on Quest or Sky.

They’re typically using ex players to come in and literally just say the most basic/cliched things about what they see, minutes after we’ve seen it for ourselves anyway.

”They’ve dug in deep and come back from behind, and as you can see, he’s tucked it away well there, and hopefully they can push on from here” - No shit sherlock.

• Sponsored links:

• edited September 2021
    Another major punditry gripe, but more in relation to the Premier League….

Commentators/presenters talking over crowd build up right before a match.

I’d much rather see/hear the spectacle of 50,000 Liverpool fans belting out You’ll Never Walk Alone as the teams come out, than listen to some bland and scripted waffle about what Jamie Redknapp reckons their holding midfielder might do in the first half.
  • Can't stand the puns that the commentators often do for all the quick highlight games. its embarrassing and patronising at the same time. 
  • Quest assembles highlights from between 30 and 40 games in about 3 hours on a Saturday evening, plus writing a bit of a script and briefing the guest pundit(s). Given this complexity in a short time, they do not do too bad a job. I assume they either buy from, or share the costs with Sky, the highlights shown by both are always VERY similar. 
    Agree with this.  Quick and easily digested away from the Premier League wankfest
  • Only watch it if we win, especially if i have been to an away game, as usually cant see the goal clearly as some clod decided to stand when they can see in a perfectly decent seat.
  • edited September 2021
    Carter said:
    I think its a quality programme, excellent punditry not to mention the fonts of knowledge George Elek and Ali Maxwell, nothing about the EFL those amazing pair of geeks dont know. Colin Murray is a good broadcaster
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who recognises that the presenters are more knowledgeable on their leagues than any other pundits I've ever encountered. 
    It's a pleasure to listen to a presenter and pundits that are so well informed and clearly love the football league.
    Not only do they know about the football, they also know the views of the club's fans. 
    They are proper football fans as well as pundits.
    I rewind our game every week numerous times.
  • Can't stand the puns that the commentators often do for all the quick highlight games. its embarrassing and patronising at the same time. 
    I quite like them, but then I like the puns on Charlton Life  ;)
  • I don’t watch it anymore. Never thought it was worth watching us on it but to be fair MOTD had a similar amount of rubbish limited amount of coverage on us when we were good. 
    When we win I usually watch us on the Sky app, which is nice because it lacks the nonsensical chatter from c list commentators and d list ex footballers.   
  • Carter said:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who recognises that the presenters are more knowledgeable on their leagues than any other pundits I've ever encountered. 
    It's a pleasure to listen to a presenter and pundits that are so well informed and clearly love the football league.
    Not only do they know about the football, they also know the views of the club's fans. 
    They are proper football fans as well as pundits.
    I rewind our game every week numerous times.
    Absolutely, I think Sam Parkin does a good job too. Colin Murray glues it together very well 
  • I don’t watch it anymore. Never thought it was worth watching us on it but to be fair MOTD had a similar amount of rubbish limited amount of coverage on us when we were good. 
    When we win I usually watch us on the Sky app, which is nice because it lacks the nonsensical chatter from c list commentators and d list ex footballers.   
    To me the main point of watching the show, isn't so much to see our highlights, which in L1 are if anything shorter than the clips you can get on YouTube anyway, but rather to see how the other teams and players are doing, and get some overall perspective of the division. 

L1 this weekend had some great football, with some stunning goals, which make our limp attacking performance look every worse. Wimbledon's 4-3 win at Morecambe was a classic
  • A bit random, but during tonight's programme were a couple of adverts for the Royal Opera House!
  • Sponsored links:

• I have always disliked Clinton Morrison.
    However, for some reason I've really warmed to him this season and actually enjoy listening to him.
    Is he easier to understand and has he improved or have I simply changed my mind about him?
    However, for some reason I've really warmed to him this season and actually enjoy listening to him.
    Is he easier to understand and has he improved or have I simply changed my mind about him?
    He's never been a great analyst of the game, but he is fairly likeable I guess, and works better on EFL coverage, seeing that most of his career was outside the PL
    He's never been a great analyst of the game, but he is fairly likeable I guess, and works better on EFL coverage, seeing that most of his career was outside the PL
    I think he's improved a lot since he started and he does have a good personality.
  • Think he's awful. I guess his excuse is that English isn't his first language. 
  • Watching this now and it is utterly depressing.  Seeing fans of teams celebrating last minute wins sitting comfortably in the championship knowing that’s where we should be but are so so far away from it.  Sickening really, we are cursed I’m sure of it.
  • We do not even warrant a brief analysis of our poor start to the season. Ipswich get a mention every week.
  • msomerton said:
    We do not even warrant a brief analysis of our poor start to the season. Ipswich get a mention every week.
    Yes, they've been surprisingly passive on us, you'd have thought Charlton falling into the bottom 2 would be a bigger headline
  • Loves himself a bit much for my liking.