Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A bit of confusion with match day commentary.

edited September 2021 in General Charlton
I am given to understand that the commentary is now done from The Curbside and no longer from the front row of West Upper.
I have been a little confused at times as I am so used to them commentating from West Upper, so in my minds eye I can visualise and link the commentary with the action.
As a matter of course, would it be beyond the guys to mention at kick off (and kick off for the second half), which way we are kicking, from left to right or right to left……..it only takes a moment to announce it.
I hadn’t realised they had changed sides and have been pretty confused at times.
True, 95% of the time we will kick towards The Jimmy Seed first half but that needs to be be confirmed IMHO.
Thanks Comms Team.🤞

Comments

• "Curbside" ????? .....🤮.
  • “golfaddick” ?????…..🤮
    Coveredside
    Westside
    Seedside
    Curbside
    Been given the seal of approval by VOTV now  :)
  • I am given to understand that the commentary is now done from The Curbside and no longer from the front row of West Upper.
    I have been a little confused at times as I am so used to them commentating from West Upper, so in my minds eye I can visualise and link the commentary with the action.
    As a matter of course, would it be beyond the guys to mention at kick off (and kick off for the second half), which way we are kicking, from left to right or right to left……..it only takes a moment to announce it.
    I hadn’t realised they had changed sides and have been pretty confused at times.
    True, 95% of the time we will kick towards The Jimmy Seed first half but that needs to be be confirmed IMHO.
    Thanks Comms Team.🤞
    Hey mate - no problems.

It’s definitely something we’ll make sure gets covered going forward.

It’s an easy one to forget when you’re doing TV comms as well. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    "Curbside" ????? .....🤮.
    Coveredside
    Westside
    Seedside
    Curbside
    and the one on the pitch, shitside 
  • TEL said:
    I am given to understand that the commentary is now done from The Curbside and no longer from the front row of West Upper.
    Thanks Comms Team.🤞
    Hey mate - no problems.

It’s definitely something we’ll make sure gets covered going forward.

It’s an easy one to forget when you’re doing TV comms as well. 
    Perhaps you can have a word about the poor camera work/ direction mate. Showing 3-4 replays all the time that the game is taking place. Also the same with shots of the dug outs whilst I'm listening to you about the game going on... bloody frustrating, won't be long before they miss a goal at this rate. 
    Unlikely to be a Charlton goal of course 
  • edited September 2021
    @StubleyAddick do you get paid directly or in kind, and are your full expenses paid to you for doing the commentary or do you do it for no reward (beyond the spiritual satisfaction)?
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    "Curbside" ????? .....🤮.
    Coveredside
    Westside
    Seedside
    Curbside
    Oh I do like to be beside the Seedside