Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Accommodation advice

edited September 2021 in General Charlton
Hi
Looking for some advice I'm bringing my family down for a long weekend to watch the portsmouth game and also take my 3 kids around london as they have never really spent much time looking around. 
My misses thought she had rented an apartment that was advertised as Greenwich but turns out it is on an estate in from what I can make out is Thamesmead the post code is SE28 0NR. As 2 of my lads are 21 & 18 what's the area like for them to go out ? 

Comments

• AndyG said:
    Hi
    Looking for some advice I'm bringing my family down for a long weekend to watch the portsmouth game and also take my 3 kids around london as they have never really spent much time looking around. 
    My misses thought she had rented an apartment that was advertised as Greenwich but turns out it is on an estate in from what I can make out is Thamesmead the post code is SE28 0NR. As 2 of my lads are 21 & 18 what's the area like for them to go out ? 
    I’ve just had a quick look on TripAdvisor… it says … avoid!
  • Keep away
  • Def swerve that one if I were you. 
  • edited September 2021
    Wouldn't you be better off with 2 rooms in a Travelodge?
    There's one in Greenwich & 2 in Bromley, which are both good for staying & for an evening or two. https://www.travelodge.co.uk/uk/south-east-london/index.html
  • Clockwork Orange
  • Try the travel lodge at city airport, good transport links.  
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Try the travel lodge at city airport, good transport links.  
    You wouldn't be going out there either. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Ibis in Greenwich.
  • AndyG said:
    Just managed to book travel lodge in dock lands they didnt have enough rooms earlier 

Thanks all
    There is a flat empty over there.
  • edited September 2021
    I always try to book the Travelodge Greenwich High Road.  Next to the station, 5 minutes walk to the centre of Greenwich.  Always ask for the top floor and never had any problems.

Paying £150 for three nights for the Portsmouth game Friday night to Mon morning.
  • I always try to book the Travelodge Greenwich High Road.  Next to the station, 5 minutes walk to the centre of Greenwich.  Always ask for the top floor and never had any problems.

Paying £150 for three nights for the Portsmouth game Friday night to Mon morning.
    Yes, I suggested that. 
  • edited September 2021
    Ibis in Greenwich.
    Not a fan.  Small rooms.  Was woken one night there by a pissed couple bursting into the room at 2 in the morning that had been given a key by reception.  The mngmnt paid me my room booking back.  
  • I always try to book the Travelodge Greenwich High Road.  Next to the station, 5 minutes walk to the centre of Greenwich.  Always ask for the top floor and never had any problems.

Yes, I suggested that. 
    Yes, I always try to book there.

Yes, I suggested that. 
    Yes that's where Bradford Barnet stays whens his down.

Yes, I suggested that. 
    ooh bloody hell it's gone up to £265 for 3 nights...

Yes, I suggested that. 
    Bradford Barnets doing Morecambe aswell.
  • Surely there'll be a decent Airbnb in the area 
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Surely there'll be a decent Airbnb in the area 
    You'd think but not much and bloody pricey.
  • Tbf London Airbnb prices tend to be weirdly inflated, which feels weird when it's the one place you're not looking to stay... 
  • edited September 2021
    Leuth said:
    Tbf London Airbnb prices tend to be weirdly inflated, which feels weird when it's the one place you're not looking to stay... 
    Used to be able to find nice little one bed flats in terraces in Ladywell, East Dulwich, Lewisham Greenwich borders for £80-£100 per night but they've pretty much disappeared. It's all boutique studios in funky Bellingham where you are paying for loud wallpaper and garden chairs in the corner of a bedroom that apparently constitutes a dining area. "Handy" for Catford with its wide range of international cuisine.
  • If only Roland had built a hotel at the ground.
  • Catford does have the best Italian restaurant in London tbf
  • AndyG said:
    Just managed to book travel lodge in dock lands they didnt have enough rooms earlier 

Thanks all
    Recommend the Brewdog pub in Canary Wharf for your boys, easy to get there on the DLR from where you’re staying. 
  • Why would you not just get the DLR to a real place, like Greenwich, Lewisham or Woolwich? 
  • The Travelodge in Woolwich is good. Powis Street. There is a bar and they serve food.
  • Leuth said:
    Surely there'll be a decent Airbnb in the area 
    Bradford Barnet can advise on that.