Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What has happened to the O.S.

No match report for the women's game at Durham
No pre match or match report for the under 23's match with Wigan
No squad numbers shown for some of our new recruits

But we do have cuddly pics of supporters at the last home game.

Come on Comms get the basics right!

Comments

• Mercury, brings back memories 
  • Gribbo said:
    Mercury, brings back memories 
    Of Victorian millinery? (Wibble)
  • No match report for the women's game at Durham

CAFC Women have their own site: https://cafcwomen.co.uk/

• We've got enough to moan about without worrying about this!
  • Dazzler21 said:

So?

If they include women's news on the the main site then they should keep it up to date or just leave it on the women's site. As we are one club it should be on the ,main site.
  • We've got enough to moan about without worrying about this!
    It needs discussing as it is symptomatic of a poorly run and administered organisation.
  • Dazzler21 said:

So?

If they include women's news on the the main site then they should keep it up to date or just leave it on the women's site. As we are one club it should be on the ,main site.
    The match report from their game against Coventry is on the main site but who knows when the Durham one will appear 
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    Go easy, they’re overworked unpaid volunteer Charlton fans suffering for their efforts and you should be humble and grateful for anything you get.
    After all it only used to be the Mercury and the Kentish Independent (which both did a better job than the current website,).
    Are you mixing up the comms team with the commentary team?

The former are paid employees of the club. The latter are basically volunteers (not sure about Stevie Brown, mind).
  • The OS has always been poor as long as i've remembered 
  • seth plum said:
    Go easy, they’re overworked unpaid volunteer Charlton fans suffering for their efforts and you should be humble and grateful for anything you get.
    After all it only used to be the Mercury and the Kentish Independent (which both did a better job than the current website,).
    Are you mixing up the comms team with the commentary team?

The former are paid employees of the club. The latter are basically volunteers (not sure about Stevie Brown, mind).
    I thought he was just being facetious 
  • seth plum said:

Sad to see that having been forced to stop going on about B***** constantly you've reverted to type and gone back to one of your previous obsessions and are irrationally and constantly criticising the Comms teams in the most non-constructive way.
    I have said add colour when there is a break in play.
    That is constructive.
    I have said give clear information about U23 games.
    That is constructive.
    Not irrational.
    Sad to see you have reverted to your special type.
    What next, a repeat of you accusing me of being anti Semitic with no evidence whatsoever….with the get out clause that you don’t have to supply evidence (which doesn’t exist) because you think no evidence would be good enough for me?
    Concentrate on twisting the arms of your entourage to elevate you to being fan of the year.
    Funny you didn’t label me as sad when I contributed a substantial sum to help your museum buy the Seth Plum England cap.
  • no, lets have it settled on here where we can all enjoy it and snigger 
  • Sponsored links:

• I am not interested in any argument.
    The usual pile on mob want to make it happen.
    I will try to take a deep breath and avoid the class bullies.
    Sorry if I have offended most of you.
  • no offence taken here - we know how the entourage work 
  • Seth is back, taking threads going down the drain again, is anyone really surprised? 
    Your call to arms?
  • edited September 2021
    Here is something constructive.
    Just looked at the Official Website and it headlines the weekend woman’s game as Durham 0 Charlton 2.
    It was the other way round, so I am constructively suggesting the ‘comms’ team put it right.
  • You have not offended me seth however as many have said before the OS has never been a "go too place" for fans if you want to know something about Charlton. It has been lacking in real depth for years now.

It's a site to purchase match tickets on and anything else is a bonus.
    That doesn't mean that it AND the official Twitter account are good enough, especially when you consider the effort put into Charlton TV

I'm amazed for example that the Twitter account still has NO mention of yesterday's U23 match at all. And that Charlton fans had to ask Wigan to see our team lineup

I'm sure things were better last season, are they short staffed?
  • You have not offended me seth however as many have said before the OS has never been a "go too place" for fans if you want to know something about Charlton. It has been lacking in real depth for years now.

That doesn't mean that it AND the official Twitter account are good enough, especially when you consider the effort put into Charlton TV

I'm amazed for example that the Twitter account still has NO mention of yesterday's U23 match at all. And that Charlton fans had to ask Wigan to see our team lineup

Maybe they are saving up all the news for Thomas to personally deliver it........ 
  • With a member of the SMT present( presumably) this is something for the FF agenda.

No "excuses" from me but it will be interesting to learn how/if reduction in staffing has affected the Comms team. 

Last season I think they only had 2 members of staff.  I have seen they have re recruited George Jones and Bejny is now doing the Programme so they do have more people working in that area than last season. 
  • seth plum said:
    I am not interested in any argument.
    The usual pile on mob want to make it happen.
    I will try to take a deep breath and avoid the class bullies.
    Sorry if I have offended most of you.
    You have not offended me.  Yes you have got confused between the Commentators and those who work in the Comms team, but that is a side issue to the valid point that was raised by the original poster.