Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So, the real issue, Crossbars

What’s going on with the food ? I used to look forward to getting a pie and chips and a pint before the game. 

Comments

• wedges were massively undercooked today. £4 an all.

we’re nice last game though 
  • Seemed busier today.

Fan standing in front of the glass went out of his way to offer my boy a seat. Top bloke 

How many?
  • se9addick said:
    Vegan Day today I believe (not joking)
    What?!
  • My complaint after the game.
    Why plastic glasses?
    I've tried complaining a couple of times this season,  but the complaint is laughed off.
  • clb74 said:
    My complaint after the game.
    Why plastic glasses?
    I've tried complaining a couple of times this season,  but the complaint is laughed off.
    Think that covid related
  • Wedges were awful ! 

How many?
    More than @Tavern chips but we’re awful 
  • Sponsored links:

• That talk about wedges is giving me bad memories of standing behind someone in the Gent's today!
  • That talk about wedges is giving me bad memories of standing behind someone in the Gent's today!
    Glory hole?
    Reach around?
  • Dutch rudder?
  • The guy hit it this afternoon but I was on here posting my anger so missed it. Was it a good strike.......?

Oh sorry, wrong crossbar. 
  • So why plastic glasses after the game?
    Has there been trouble in there after a game?
    As I said yesterday,  everyones Charlton in there so if something did happen I would assume youd top up getting a ban.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm always surprised at the amount of people buying food at a football ground. 
    The only time i did buy food was at the valley, I bought the addick and chips, purely because of the addick in the name. got some curled up presumably fish and dozen of over cooked fries rather than chips. £7.50 it set me back. I realised that i was right to steer clear of football ground food and i haven't slipped up since. 
    This comes up quite frequently but I never really understand why. 

People buy overpriced food and drink when they go shopping, the park, a concert, cinema, traveling, theme parks, soft play, the beach etc. 

Pretty much every form of entertainment or public social event. Why should football be any different?
    Yeah but most of those things you have a choice of what to eat and where. Plus your out and about a park, shopping, travelling, beach is different to 2 hours inside a football ground. Cricket is one you could say that your in the ground for the full day so there is more chance of having to get some over priced food. 
    The cinema and possibly even concerts (not all day ones) shouldn't even be selling food anyway imo. 

• Over fiver a pint in Bartrams. It’s just a horrible bar 
  • edited September 2021
    That talk about wedges is giving me bad memories of standing behind someone in the Gent's today!
    Reach around?
    Fumbluff said:
    Dutch rudder?
    Relay baton?
  • Are we basically in ‘sweat the asset’ territory where quality and value are sacrificed because the decision makers like Keohane see us as essentially the enemy due to his past experience of us,
  • seth plum said:
    Are we basically in ‘sweat the asset’ territory where quality and value are sacrificed because the decision makers like Keohane see us as essentially the enemy due to his past experience of us,
    Think that’s bit of a stretch.

It’s an issue at pretty much all football grounds, and isn’t just down to one individual at Charlton.
  • What put me off a few years ago was buying what according to the packaging was the best hot dog in the world and it was full of confetti. At least it tasted and looked like that, I suspect it was dehydrated onions that hadn't been rehydrated!
  • Football fayre can be wonderful and even a bit special.

The home made meat and potato pies at Rochdale, the supporters club food and Fleetwood are perfect examples. Even the expensive Delia Pies are well worth the extra because of the quality of the ingredients.

Doesn't take much imagination and employing the right people to significantly improve the food outlets. The hospitality grub is usually excellent.
  • cafctom said:
    seth plum said:
    Are we basically in ‘sweat the asset’ territory where quality and value are sacrificed because the decision makers like Keohane see us as essentially the enemy due to his past experience of us,
    Think that’s bit of a stretch.

It’s an issue at pretty much all football grounds, and isn’t just down to one individual at Charlton.
    You are probably right.
    If it is an issue everywhere then what creates that kind of mindset?
    I mean what explanation is there for the sound system working properly one match and being useless the next?
    The sound system is of benefit to everybody inside the ground, wouldn’t that be a top priority?

• Addickted said:
    Football fayre can be wonderful and even a bit special.

The home made meat and potato pies at Rochdale, the supporters club food and Fleetwood are perfect examples. Even the expensive Delia Pies are well worth the extra because of the quality of the ingredients.

Doesn't take much imagination and employing the right people to significantly improve the food outlets. The hospitality grub is usually excellent.
    Brighton got it down to a T. Sure they get in a beer local to the visiting team and even local pies / pasties etc.