Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who is going to be Leuth’s ‘Maatsen’ this year?

The player that could do no wrong. That would be through on goal v Millwall in the last minute at 1-1, round the keeper, stumble and shin his shot to the corner flag, leading to @Leuth saying ‘great timewasting, well done’ :-) 

I’m going to go for DJ

Comments

• DJ is a good guess. I’ll go for Lavelle or Souare - whichever looks better on the ball in their first two games.
  • There are a few already arent there?

CBT, Dobson and Souare from memory - Bloke is getting greedy
  • Jacob Roddy 
  • There are a few already arent there?

Dobson?! He's the one I absolutely savaged after MKD (and then gave MOTM to after Crawley - he has me very confused if anything)
  • Like Sterling is to Southgate you mean?
  • Leuth said:
    There are a few already arent there?

Dobson?! He's the one I absolutely savaged after MKD (and then gave MOTM to after Crawley - he has me very confused if anything)
    Don’t forget that Dobby got awarded the prestigious @RonnieMoore man of the match award v Wigan as well. 
  • I'm inclined to defend CBT on principle - flair player, very short contract, not expected to play much - but I'll also need to see him show promise in League One games first before I plight my troth. It's like the difference between Matt Smith 1 (completely, absurdly useless) and Matt Smith 2 (actually quite promising) - a difference I feel wasn't acknowledged enough by people keen to cast them as identical failures
  • Leuth's previous do no wrong chaps were Sarr and Maatsen off the top of my head. To be fair Sarr was massively underrated in my opinion.
    This year i'll go with the obvious shout of Morgan who gets loads of unfair stick. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Kirk is my bet 
  • Nah, Levitt was my project before I was forced to concentrate on Maatsen by Bowyer's cruel, HEARTLESS dismissal of the lad.

Can Vennings get close enough to the squad this season to force his way into my plans? Probably not alas
  • Leuth said:
    Nah, Levitt was my project before I was forced to concentrate on Maatsen by Bowyer's cruel, HEARTLESS dismissal of the lad.

Can Vennings get close enough to the squad this season to force his way into my plans? Probably not alas
    Be a heck of an injury crisis if he does
  • edited September 2021
    Leuth said:
    Nah, Levitt was my project before I was forced to concentrate on Maatsen by Bowyer's cruel, HEARTLESS dismissal of the lad.

?
    Maatsen was ever present apart from being rested for a game or two. 
  • Bowyer's dismissal of Levitt I mean!
  • I'm going for Clare
  • Leuth said:
    There are a few already arent there?

Agreed, Dobson isn't your sort of player

It's got to be someone with some flair, producing moments of class...as well as the howlers. Hence Sarr over a Lockyer or Pearce, Maatsen over a steady Eddie fullback

Indeed out of our current midfield, Morgan probably fits the bill best.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Kirk is my bet 
    Kirk is a good player and will be liked by quite a few fans. It needs to be a player who divides opinion and who the majority will question.

So i'm going with Morgan. 
  • Any player who hits one decent 40 yard pass every three games no matter how shit they are the rest of the time.

• Sponsored links:

• Afternoon Irving! 
  • edited September 2021
    Leuth said:
    Lee is almost nailed-on to be my favourite member of our squad, but I suspect he'll be close to everyone's favourite member of our squad after a few games. So yes, it has to be someone who gets UNFAIR PELTERS. Even I'm not sure yet, but I do have a couple of ideas...
    Thoughts on Davison? Another cup goal or two will suggest some promise but a handful of ineffective sub appearances in the league and he’ll be written off by many.
  • Can't quite make out his face, but it is this player here,

Picking a Hill On Which to Die - Kevin A Thompson
  • Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    Lee is almost nailed-on to be my favourite member of our squad, but I suspect he'll be close to everyone's favourite member of our squad after a few games. So yes, it has to be someone who gets UNFAIR PELTERS. Even I'm not sure yet, but I do have a couple of ideas...
    Thoughts on Davison? Another cup goal or two will suggest some promise but a handful of ineffective sub appearances in the league and he’ll be written off by many.
    Probably doesn't quite have the first touch to be a true favourite of mine; could win me over with sheer presence/graft/finishing
  • Curbs 16/1
  • I think Clare and CBT could both be the type of player to frustrate and divide opinion, particularly CBT being a winger. At the end of the day, we're a third division club and I reckon most of our squad could divide opinion. 
  • Was that the 2-1 win over Wigan?

To be fair Ba had an alright start for us, then he just nose dived off a cliff
  • That was the comeback 2-2 vs Fulham
  • Was shaping up to be a solid DJ season, but the unlikely figure of Elliot Lee is beginning to emerge...