Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Squirrel in Mi Chimney

What am I gonna do?
I don't think it's a problem, but I've got a squirrel in my capped, but not completely sealed chimney.
As the chimney is blocked off I'm presuming in can only come in and out via the capped chimney pot.

Comments

• Let next doors leylandii grow over your roof a bit - it'll soon get out. 
  • Trap it and eat it
  • You need a Kanya trap mate. 
  • Smoked squirrel is a delicacy in some parts, which parts I have no idea but it must be. 
  • I've heard squirrels are endangered species in Grove Park.
  • Smoked squirrel is a delicacy in some parts, which parts I have no idea but it must be. 
    I've eaten squirrel loads of times. My mate does Kentuky Fried Squirrel at some of the Game & Country Fares. You need 2 squirrels to make 1 really, as there ain't any meat on the front half. A very ethical way to get your protein.

And no it don't taste nutty 😉
  • Addickted said:
    I've heard squirrels are endangered species in Grove Park.
    So they should be 
  • Thought this was a euphemism. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gribbo said:
    Squirrels and pigeons were my speciality back in my Rentokil days. From Chiswick all the way out to Ealing and anywhere in between. None of the others liked doing em, but it was my speciality. Leave the bedbugs and stored product insects to the armatures, I was your man for pigeons and squirrels. Had a decent rat reputation n all back then.
    welcome back ibborg .. you 've been away far too long .. are you still in France ?

• Gribbo said:
    Smoked squirrel is a delicacy in some parts, which parts I have no idea but it must be. 
    I've eaten squirrel loads of times. My mate does Kentuky Fried Squirrel at some of the Game & Country Fares. You need 2 squirrels to make 1 really, as there ain't any meat on the front half. A very ethical way to get your protein.

And no it don't taste nutty 😉
    I'll be sure to try some. 
  • Gribbo said:
    Squirrels and pigeons were my speciality back in my Rentokil days. From Chiswick all the way out to Ealing and anywhere in between. None of the others liked doing em, but it was my speciality. Leave the bedbugs and stored product insects to the armatures, I was your man for pigeons and squirrels. Had a decent rat reputation n all back then.
    welcome back ibborg .. you 've been away far too long .. are you still in France ?

Cheers. Yeah, still here at the moment mate. Hoping to be back early 2022. Looking at Lincolnshire as it goes
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:

Cheers. Yeah, still here at the moment mate. Hoping to be back early 2022. Looking at Lincolnshire as it goes
    god's own county  o:) and house building going on all over  .. hope you're well,. you seem in good form
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:

god's own county  o:) and house building going on all over  .. hope you're well,. you seem in good form
    I'm okay, it's all the others. Hope you're well too mate 👍
  • The house we live in has a chimney, although the fireplace has gone and there is an air vent in the wall where it would have been.

Last year a squirrel got into the chimney stack and we could hear it through the air vent. My husband took the air vent off and we could see the squirrel about a foot below.  He put a crate against the hole and put some peanuts in it. We left the crate wedged between the sofa and the wall and in the morning we found the squirrel in the crate. 

Although you are supposed to 'dispatch' a grey squirrel if you catch it, we couldn't do that and let it go free.
  • Be careful sharing that. It's illegal to let non natives go. Countryside & Wildlife Act 81
  • Gribbo said:
    Great you’re back on CL mate 
  • Gribbo said:
    Be careful sharing that. It's illegal to let non natives go. Countryside & Wildlife Act 81
    I know but didn't have the heart to kill the poor thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:
    Gribbo said:
    Great you’re back on CL mate 
    Cheers mate
  • What am I gonna do?
    I don't think it's a problem, but I've got a squirrel in my capped, but not completely sealed chimney.
    As the chimney is blocked off I'm presuming in can only come in and out via the capped chimney pot.

• Gribbo said:
    Be careful sharing that. It's illegal to let non natives go. Countryside & Wildlife Act 81
    I know but didn't have the heart to kill the poor thing.
    I've got a Border Collie who would have loved it for a pet.
  • I just saw it running away from the house with a baby squirrel in it's mouth. 
  • Don't think so. He's in the back garden with me.
  • I just saw it running away from the house with a baby squirrel in it's mouth. 
    Cor, mouths watting; the younguns taste the best
  • What am I gonna do?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxY1hZyNcpM

I know it's not a squirel and it's not in the chimney but hey..still a tree rat though, and worth a listen B)
  • I never thought of that  :D
  • Gribbo said:
    Which is a nonsense really for animals like grey squirrels. I remember once on Rolf's Animal Hospital, they tended to an injured squirrel, and once better they had to take it to an animal sanctuary instead of just releasing it back to park or wood's where it had come from.
  • we had a bat in mi bathroom