Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pre-match queues at the turnstiles

What is it that so many people with STs are still insisting on opening the plastic wallet up and waving the barcodes a few times instead of simply tapping it  like an oyster card or when using a debit/credit card. The only saving grace when I went to go into the ground was that for some reason a lot of fans are ignoring the fact that there is more than one queue to get into the lower north. Does make you wonder why the stewards couldn’t be told to tells fans to join the shorter queues (and how their ST can be used).

Comments

• edited August 2021
    It's unbelievable really.
    All you need to do is hold the ticket still (not waving about), underneath the scanner with the bar code facing upwards (works for me). I'm not so sure about tapping it, as haven't tried.
    The bloke in front of me had the bar code faced down.
  • It's unbelievable really.
    All you need to do is hold the ticket still (not waving about), underneath the scanner with the bar code facing upwards (works for me). I'm not so sure about tapping it.
    The bloke in front of me had the bar code faced down.
    Tapping it is the way to go 
  • People and technology are not happy bed fellows no matter how simple to some. Shame in this instance when it could make things that much quicker.
  • I watched in mock surprise when I attended the first home game and stood in the queue a member of staff obviously positioned there to help technophobes like me with issues getting through. My mock surprise came when after helping one fan the member of staff turned his back on people needing help to gain entry to answer his phone leaving fans to help each other as they carried on their call. Several fans behind me muttered things like “how rude” (but I was in the West Stand) 😉 as we made our way to the turnstile the dismissive attitude continued. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again fans are an inconvenience/unnecessary evil to some staff members and they need outing. 
  • Quite right. There’s no need at all to scan the barcode or open the wallet. Simply tap it as you say. 
  • The signage doesn't help, the way the readers are set up encourages the bar codes to be used. Just poor service design 
  • I never knew I could just tap it, but the last two games I've been experimenting with a photo of my barcode on my phone (both trials successful) to see if I could leave my ticket at home.
  • Tap it on what?
  • It shouldn't be hard in the near future to not send out cards and for people who choose to, to use there phone/watch to get in 

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=usercontent/documents/html/mobiletickethelp.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Tap it on the misleading signage! The signage suggests you need to open the wallet and offer the barcode on your ST to the red light. You don’t need to do that, but because of the signage most people think that’s what you need to do and it’s causing unnecessary queues. The stewards don’t seem to help - 4 people is front of me yesterday trying to get the light onto their barcode causing a queue and the steward right next to the turnstile was on his phone. The people having difficulty moved aside to let me through, I simply tapped it and went through. They then did the same. 
  • There is like a WiFi connection logo, best way I can describe it, at the front of the scanning machine, just below the part where you scan the barcode. You don’t even need to open your season ticket wallet up, just tap it on that area and it opens. It’s actually very simple.

However, maybe the club should release another video of how to enter the turnstiles if it’s causing a lot of issues for many. 
  • Can I refer posters to " The dangers of a cashless society" thread?
  • I remember him, he played for Newcastle.
  • cblock said:
    I remember him, he played for Newcastle.

Different player - that was Rob Lee.
  • I must say I never knew you could tap it! I scan it easily but tap I shall try!
  • I don't use the wallet though, I keep the card with my other plastic cards, so not sure it would work without taking it out?
  • I don't use the wallet though, I keep the card with my other plastic cards, so not sure it would work without taking it out?
    Maybe if you tap it through your wallet with other cards, the club will charge the price of the match ticket to your bank instead. That’s another revenue stream :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:
    Rumour has it, the person in that video is still waiting on the scanner to turn green.
  • Stig said:
    I never knew I could just tap it, but the last two games I've been experimenting with a photo of my barcode on my phone (both trials successful) to see if I could leave my ticket at home.
    I never knew either until someone at the turnstile pointed it out at the last game .
  • Knew you could tap in, as I used to keep my ST in my wallet and it used to interfere with my work pass.
  • edited September 2021
    I tapped in on Saturday, nothing exceeded that high before 5pm.
  • Tried to tap in with mine on Saturday and it didn't work. Hard to scan the card.
  • I tapped in on Saturday, nothing exceeded that high before 5pm.
    me too!