Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What’s with the reduced interest?

Interested in people’s thoughts. Away games aren’t seeing the demand they were pre-Covid and after such a break probably less home tickets have been sold since hoped.

Personally, I’m not really feeling particularly enthusiastic, but I can’t really put my finger on why. For me it’s not Covid concerns, just after such a my gap interest has waned a little and I currently feel less wanting to give up such a chunk of my weekend. 

Such that will change at some point in the future as it’s been my life for 30 years now. Anyone else got on thoughts on it?

Comments

• I'm happy with a lot about the Club apart from....

the squad. We followed a target and journey to reach the Top 6 last season. They both feel and look like hollow words now sadly :(
  • Loss of enthusiasm plus the way we are playing, not inexpensive for myself and family.

Always loved an away day but at moment just can’t get excited.
  • Interested in people’s thoughts. Away games aren’t seeing the demand they were pre-Covid and after such a break probably less home tickets have been sold since hoped.

Personally, I’m not really feeling particularly enthusiastic, but I can’t really put my finger on why. For me it’s not Covid concerns, just after such a my gap interest has waned a little and I currently feel less wanting to give up such a chunk of my weekend. 

Such that will change at some point in the future as it’s been my life for 30 years now. Anyone else got on thoughts on it?
    League 1 is rubbish. Won promotion in the 94th min winner at Wembley, and we already back in this league. Zero desire to put the hard yards in again for another slog of league 1.
  • Feeling the same. I think theres a combination of factors:

- Watching every game, home and away, for a relegation run in and a disappointing L1 season.
    - That happening without the atmosphere of being there making it all much more of a grind.
    - Feeling a bit down on the game as a whole with the whole ESL thing/clubs in trouble/general PL circus through the pandemic.
    - Being emotionally drained investing so much in the Euros run.
    - Crap start to the season.

Plus there's the general thing of readjusting to normal life after the past 18 months. 

All of that said, first season ticket for a few years and hoping it'll all be shaken off before long!
  • Sponsored links:

• Leaving aside the dispiriting performances on the pitch, the fixture list hasn't helped either, overfamiliar L1 grounds kicking off with 2 "same old, same old" away games in Oxford and MKD, followed by the marmite experience of Gillingham, which combines over familiarity with a horrible away end. 

• We are still in summer season, with families on holiday, the team are performing below expectation, some fan’s motivations dented by being back in league 1 (live), last time we were all allowed in we were in the Championship. All that said average home attendance cup aside for league 1 is still none too shabby and if by some miracle we could string 2,3,4… wins together, I suspect the feel good factor would return for a few.
  • Started supporting the team in 70/71 season but my passion started to dwindle during the early part of the roland era. I went to a lot of matches during our Selhurst & Upton Park years & was at the Valley return on 5 December. But a combination of things - financial, shite football, years of dreadful owners & sub-standard players - have all but knocked the remaining enthusiasm out of me. 

As other posters have said above, I have no affinity with any of the players. I watched most of our games online last season & have seen our 4 league games this season - but I’m not sure when (if at all) my enthusiasm & love for CAFC will return.
  • I think a lot of people are underwhelmed with progress since TS took over - I appreciate a lot may have changed behind the scenes but on the face of it not much has.

At the end of last season I couldn't wait for this one to start in the knowledge that the squad would look very different, the football would be better and we'd win most games. That's clearly not the case and it's reduced my enthusiasm for it a little. 

I'm absolutely still in the honeymoon period as far as live football in concerned - I quite enjoyed the Wimbledon game simply because I was watching it live and not on TV but I don't expect the novelty to last that long.
  • Sponsored links:

• A big financial commitment to watch awful football is my guess.
  • edited August 2021
    Before covid I still managed to get up from Cornwall for a few home games and the Plymouth away fixture...a new dog, work now so stressful (health and social care) that I sometimes just need to rest for the weekend and a sense of disappointment in the transfer window has made it less likely that I will spend upwards of £200 to see a dull as ditchwater match.

Having said that I have the hotel booked for the Portsmouth weekend and will enjoy a few days in the smoke and being at the match whatever the result.  See you in the pub.
  • I don’t like any of the players
  • For me, rather than the expectation of horrendous football, it's the near certainty of horrendous traffic conditions en route.
    Both my trips to The Valley this season have been almost double the time it should take because of holiday traffic, accidents and roadworks. I'm not doing that all over again but for longer journeys until the kids are back at school and the caravans are off the road.
  • Done a couple of away games already, both games I have come out deflated and that is only the away games. Will give the next two ago, see where we are then if nothing improves in terms of performances, signings, and results then i will cherry pick the games. I cant justify spending over £100 plus to watch them play like that, when I could be doing stuff with the family and putting my money to better use. 
  • I’ve gone to every game this season (with exception of MK), plus a pre season friendly. I’ll still be going to as many games as I can going forward, as I still love the experience - regardless of the result.

I have noticed an apathy in others though.

The take up on Oxford was disappointing - should have been a nailed on sell out considering the occasion.

I have a feeling Gillingham might also not sell out. Again, that would have been unimaginable if you’d have asked a month ago.

The results on the pitch are having the highest impact in my opinion. Like it or not, we do have some fair weather fans who will only want to put the effort in if we’re winning games. Each to their own.
  • Were the numbers taken to Oxford and MK Dons, the latter for a night game, poor? Be interested to see some numbers.