Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What age do you legally become an adult....

edited August 2021 in Not Sports Related
Thought I'd post this as a (lighthearted) way of forgetting about our current League position, but it also does have a more thought provoking tone.

Just wondered what everyone thinks or presumes to be the age "one" becomes an adult. Think buying a ticket and there are 2 options:    Child   and   Adult.

I'll pop back a bit later this evening to explain why I'm a bit miffed about it at the moment. 

Oh.....and no smut. This has nothing to do with me & my dating habits. That would have to include another grouping of    OAP   😄

Comments

• I would say 18 but inlight of your question I am going to guess 12.
  • I think depends on what it is relating to 
  • Gribbo said:
    I think depends on what it is relating to 
    Thats the whole point. Its not relating to anyhing apart from what age do you think you attain being an Adult. In this case in England as I believe there might be different ages in Scotland & other parts of the UK.
  • depends what the ticket is for, if it's for something like a holiday I think it should be 18 and over is adult as most hotels would expect anyone under 18 to have an accompanying adult.

your local football team I'd say 16
  • edited August 2021
    Well you can drive when you are 17, Have consensual sex at 16, Get married at 18 (unless you have permission of your parents which isn't really adult). You can go in a pub at 18 but I think 16 if accompanied by an adult. Probably the safe age is 18 as that is when there seems to be no restrictions on you. 
  • You can legally have sex at 16.

But you can't smoke a fag or have a pint until you are 18.
    .Never could work that out.
  • Gribbo said:
    Thats the whole point. Its not relating to anyhing apart from what age do you think you attain being an Adult. In this case in England as I believe there might be different ages in Scotland & other parts of the UK.
    this makes me think you are talking about marriage as it's 16 in Scotland, 18 in england  
  • You can legally have sex at 16.

So if you're sh@gging and have a pint in the other hand can it be 17
  • Sponsored links:

• Gribbo said:
    this makes me think you are talking about marriage as it's 16 in Scotland, 18 in england  
    Did you buy a ticket to get married?

You can vote in Scotland at 16 as well BTW. 
  • clb74 said:
    You can legally have sex at 16.

Sounds ok to me.
    Just be careful you don't spill it
  • For safeguarding purposes 18 is the age under which you are considered a minor - and the age of 'majority' in the UK for government elections is 18.
    So the answer is 18, I believe. 

• edited August 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Gribbo said:
    Did you buy a ticket to get married?

You can vote in Scotland at 16 as well BTW. 
    forgot about that...
  • Gribbo said:
    You can marry in England at 16 - but need parent/guardian consent until 18.
  • clb74 said:
    You can legally have sex at 16.

Probably be 18 as you would need a year to learn how not to spill it (unless you practised with a pint of something non-alcoholic from 16)
  • I would advise taking a big sip first. Not that I have tried it or have any desire to try it.
  • bobmunro said:
    Gribbo said:
    Scotland you can just bugger off at 16 and marry, no parents needed
  • bobmunro said:
    Gribbo said:
    Scotland you can just bugger off at 16 and marry, no parents needed
    Yep
  • edited August 2021
    Legally, 18 in England.

Emotionally, never in 50% of the population.

(I won't say which 50% but here's a hint.  They have penises).
  • Sponsored links:

• 18 in general terms. 

But as others have said depends on subject. Most airlines for instance charge adult ticket once you reach 12 (a few do youth tickets). 
  • I’ve always thought it was 18, until I read the rumour thread.
  • 18 in general terms. 

But as others have said depends on subject. Most airlines for instance charge adult ticket once you reach 12 (a few do youth tickets). 
    Same with all inclusive holidays. 
    Once a child reaches14 you are charged an adult price.
    But on arrival at your hotel the so called adult is given a children's wristband and is not allowed alcohol. 
  • EU elections it’s 16……oh wait.
  • is Golfie junior eloping to Scotland to marry his g/f?
  • Think it’s 18. But … I still had financial responsibility for my son all the while he was  still in full -time education
  • 18 in general terms. 

Same with all inclusive holidays. 
    Once a child reaches14 you are charged an adult price.
    But on arrival at your hotel the so called adult is given a children's wristband and is not allowed alcohol. 
    Those wrist bands came in handy when I was a teenager! 
  • 16. According to bus companies, TFL, etc  - unless you've got some form of discount card.