Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

And they naused up Red Red Robin again…

Didn’t play it until the players were lining up for the handshakes. 

The whole point of RRR is it signifies the players are coming out the tunnel. It’s not hard, is it? 

Comments

• I liked the new lady doing the pre match talk. Is she a regular feature? 
  • Addicks to Victory started playing just before the players started to walk out and was quickly cut off, was very odd
  • Didn’t play it until the players were lining up for the handshakes. 

The whole point of RRR is it signifies the players are coming out the tunnel. It’s not hard, is it? 
    Thought this was what happened but was hard to tell in the Covered Upper where they always drown out RRR anyway. The sound's been awful these two home games.
  • shirty5 said:
    I liked the new lady doing the pre match talk. Is she a regular feature? 
    We have an upper Championship standard TV production, TWO matchday announcers (both fine), but sadly an L1 relegation standard side
  • Sponsored links:

• The Audio in the North was the worst Ive ever heard it today.
    Normally don't understand what people are moaning about but that was inaudible
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    We are a club at the bottom end of Division 3

But we can have I assume pay for a tannoy person,  and we now i assume pay for a 2nd tannoy person

We pay for a production staff, that also has a commentator, a co commentator (who was a good player for us), a studio that contains one of the best presenters in the business (who was a good player for us), one of our greatest ever managers, alongside a good ex player

A comms departments which has doubled in size over the summer (from a very low number)

And yet no one can press play to the song before the teams come out
    Like the old days on a Sunday night listening to RTM. 

Press this button here and……
  • PS Charlton have cancelled their BT subscription.
    We watched QPR v Barnsley & was expecting Liverpool v Burnley.
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    We are a club at the bottom end of Division 3

But we can have I assume pay for a tannoy person,  and we now i assume pay for a 2nd tannoy person

We pay for a production staff, that also has a commentator, a co commentator (who was a good player for us), a studio that contains one of the best presenters in the business (who was a good player for us), one of our greatest ever managers, alongside a good ex player

A comms departments which has doubled in size over the summer (from a very low number)

And yet no one can press play to the song before the teams come out
    I'd rather listen to heart fm over the tannoy before the game, ht, and after and just have a left back
  • edited August 2021
    The Audio in the North was the worst Ive ever heard it today.
    Normally don't understand what people are moaning about but that was inaudible
    The sound system is like the team Two Bob
     And that’s another thing. I seem to remember Sandgaard came to an agreement with Roland where he would be in charge of improvements in and around the valley.

Absolutely nothing has changed on this front. I’m not saying he could renovate the entire place in such short time. But there were/are some quick wins that could enhance the match day experience quite a bit for relative little outlay. 

He either isnt aware. Can’t afford it. Or doesn’t give a shit
    Let's hope the club are not forced to get back the BT subscription in 2 seasons time!
  • Sponsored links:

Many in cross bars CE
  • The 7 year old kid reading out the teams was great though . Highlight of the day 
    Did a great job... Thought it was a nice alteration to the Junior Reds doing a video of the naming out the team during lockdown now we're back in the stadiums 
  • MattF said:
    Addicks to Victory started playing just before the players started to walk out and was quickly cut off, was very odd
    Be glad if I never have to hear that again
  • Time to retire A2V. Nothing to do with the quality (or lack of, depending on your taste) but it’s now become synonymous with this decline.
  • The club are poor at any non football event management. Poor at the football too.
    The technology is inadequate, and essentially other blah blah blah stuff is incomprehensible, and anything visual is near impossible to see, as often a gaggle of random folk might or might not be by the half way line in front of the West Stand, their presence washed out by background and surroundings. Broadcast on the screen does not cut it especially with inaudible sound. 
    I suppose there might be something endearing about the amateurish carry on, but a few improvements would help a lot. Principally the audio system, but, do a bit less but do it better.
    I there anybody responsible for the non football event aspect of things?
  • seth plum said:
    The club are poor at any non football event management. Poor at the football too.
    The technology is inadequate, and essentially other blah blah blah stuff is incomprehensible, and anything visual is near impossible to see, as often a gaggle of random folk might or might not be by the half way line in front of the West Stand, their presence washed out by background and surroundings. Broadcast on the screen does not cut it especially with inaudible sound. 
    I suppose there might be something endearing about the amateurish carry on, but a few improvements would help a lot. Principally the audio system, but, do a bit less but do it better.
    Would that come under the role of the Chief Operating Officer? 
  • shirty5 said:
    seth plum said:
    The club are poor at any non football event management. Poor at the football too.
    Would that come under the role of the Chief Operating Officer? 
    If so, don’t expect any improvement 
  • Is Ravi still working for the Club? He did a brilliant job under the Duchatelet regime.