Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shooting in Keyham, Plymouth

Sounds like a couple of people dead and others
imjured. 

locals saying relatives of shooter dead - as usual lots of differing stories online 

Thoughts to all affected

Comments

• Mods close if not appropriate 
  • The shooter has been shot according to sky news.
  • Apparently 5 fatalities. Police confirm it is not terrorist related. RIP to all those who have passed away, and my thoughts are with the people affected by this 
  • Few miles away from me, dodgy area, but don’t want to speculate on what’s happened.
  • Seriously shit, went to Uni in Plymouth and currently live about 40 mins away, work there every other weekend more or less too, such a great city. Hope it’s not as bad as it sounds but doesn’t sound great.
  • Someone on Twitter saying a guy has killed his family and was then shooting at random people.

tragic whatever happened and sounds like “suicide by police” to end it
  • edited August 2021
    RIP to those who have died and hope those injured get well soon.
  • RIP to all the dead, wishes of a speedy recovery to the survivors.
  • Blimey. I worry about shooting incidents outside of London. 

Is it easy for armed police to get to Plymouth?

Plymouth is a city of over 200,000 people. I would imagine they have their own firearms officers in the city who wouldn't have to travel very far. They ain't having to catch the train down from London, if that's what's worrying you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Apparently the gunman was a pro Trump ‘gun enthusiast’ shall we say.

We have our own branch of Nando’s you know 😉
    I haven't read that but have read he shot himself and was an incel
    I haven't read that but have read he shot himself and was an incel
    Aha that figures i guess 😵‍💫
    The two things sort of go together.
  • Question 1,this guy has just got his gun license back after losing it after an assault charge,who is responsible for this ridiculous decision.
    Question 2,where does anyone ,other than the violent criminal fraternity get a pump action shot gun.
    No doubt the lessons to be learned brigade will be in full flow,but heads must roll after this.
  • Plymouth shooting: Who were the victims? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58202760

Plymouth shooting: Killer had shotgun licence returned last month https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-58209726
  • Question 1,this guy has just got his gun license back after losing it after an assault charge,who is responsible for this ridiculous decision.
    Question 2,where does anyone ,other than the violent criminal fraternity get a pump action shot gun.
    No doubt the lessons to be learned brigade will be in full flow,but heads must roll after this.
    Just did a two minute Google search and it would appear getting one isn’t difficult, why anyone would be allowed one Is another matter.
    Ok Plymouth is in a fairly rural county, Keyham itself is as urban as it gets, this individual was a trainee crane driver, so don’t think it could be claimed they needed it for work/lifestyle; What possible reason did he have for owning it?