Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ted Lasso

Anybody seen it? Heard of it? Chris Powell’s in it.
It’s really funny. Definitely worth a watch. Not sure how you can get it. In the States it’s on Apple TV. Second series just starting up. 

Comments

• edited August 2021
    By FAR the most talked about show in the USA and 90% of the viewers know next to nothing about English Football. The last two shows with this kind of success here was "Queen's Gambit" and the first two seasons of "The Crown."
  • I watched about 15 minutes of the first season last year and just couldn't get into it.... I'm curious about other football fans' opinions now that you've started a whole thread for it. 
  • I watched the first season with my son and we found it v funny. Will be watching the second season which is up to episode 3 on AppleTV with a new episode released every Friday. 

• Not sure on it yet…. Being filmed at Sell Out maybe puts me off but I’ll try and get into it! Powell’s brief appearance has been the only highlight for me so far.
  • When was SCP's appearance?
  • Jessie said:
    I watched about 15 minutes of the first season last year and just couldn't get into it.... I'm curious about other football fans' opinions now that you've started a whole thread for it. 
    Yeah, same experience, thought it was dreadful.

Maybe I’ll give it another go. 
  • I thought it would be really naff but we have really got into it.....a lot of subtle undertones and some very clever scriptwriting. I would advise watching with subtitles on.
  • ct_addick said:
    I thought it would be really naff but we have really got into it.....a lot of subtle undertones and some very clever scriptwriting. I would advise watching with subtitles on.
    Why?
  • I loved it.
    Watched the first series a couple of weeks ago.
    Kinda annoying the whole 1 episode a week thing for series 2 but worth waiting for.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    When was SCP's appearance?
    He was on the commentary when they played the nigels (Season 1 Episode2).
  • I watched the first season and loved it, got a really strong cast who all show up. Brett Goldstein is always excellent and he takes it up a notch with Roy Kent the stalwart of the club 

I'll sign my missus up for a free trial for apple TV once all of series 2 episodes are available 
  • edited August 2021
    When was SCP's appearance?
    He’s been in quite a few of the episodes, 4 or 5 I’d say. No idea which episodes he popped up in though. 

Don’t think much of series 2 so far. Storyline and script is no where near the level of series 1. Will continue with it though, as have faith in Bill Lawrence to turn it around, plus it’s worth watching just for Jason Sudekis, who’s absolutely brilliant in this. 
  • Dizzle said:
    For those of you that enjoy it. Who is your favourite character and why is it Roy Kent? 
    I got that as a play on Roy Keane, right? Lots of undertones in season 1. Chris Powell makes quite a few appearances as a foil for Arlo White in the commentary box. 
  • I don't know anyone with Apple TV, in fact I don't really know may people who use Mac's anymore. 
  • I really liked it for the first couple of episodes but the more I watched, the more I started to turn off from it. 

An American making faux pas in England can only be funny for so long before it got a bit stale. I’m not sure why, but it makes me cringe whenever I see posh people pretending to be working class, just something about it turns me off. 
  • We love it , so much heart
  • edited August 2021
    When I saw the trailer I thought it looked absolutely dreadful. However a few people recommended it so I gave it a go. Really enjoyed season 1, so much so I forgave it being filmed at Selhurst. SCP's brief cameos always enjoyable. It's bit out of the  Gervais/Merchant school of comedy series - exaggerated characters, quite sentimental in places, quite rude in others. Series 2 hasn't been quite as good as series 1 so far, but I suspect it'll get there.
  • It's a fantastic show very funny with some fantastic cast members. I watch it via a stream as I don't have apple tv. 
  • Rob said:
    Dizzle said:
    For those of you that enjoy it. Who is your favourite character and why is it Roy Kent? 
    I got that as a play on Roy Keane, right? Lots of undertones in season 1. Chris Powell makes quite a few appearances as a foil for Arlo White in the commentary box. 
    Definitely a play on Roy Keane. Have you seen any of Season 2? He is now a pundit with the moody attitude 
  • Sponsored links:

• “Pundit with a moody attitude”. Brilliant.
    Not watched season 2 yet. Still got 3 episodes in season 1 to go. 
    This show is deliberately stereotypical on so many levels. American stereotypes, British stereotypes, football character stereotypes, real life stereotypes, goody stereotypes, baddy stereotypes. It can’t be taken seriously. Tremendously enjoyable. And it’s nice to get a feel good from a show. 
  • Carter said:
    I watched the first season and loved it, got a really strong cast who all show up. Brett Goldstein is always excellent and he takes it up a notch with Roy Kent the stalwart of the club 

I'll sign my missus up for a free trial for apple TV once all of series 2 episodes are available 
    If you haven't seen it, Superbob with Brett Goldstein as Peckham's super-hero is excellent.  I've seen it three times and would watch it again.
  • PopIcon said:
    I don't know anyone with Apple TV, in fact I don't really know may people who use Mac's anymore. 
    You don't need a Mac/iPhone/iPad to watch AppleTV.
  • se9addick said:
    ct_addick said:
    I thought it would be really naff but we have really got into it.....a lot of subtle undertones and some very clever scriptwriting. I would advise watching with subtitles on.
    Why?
    Some of the lines form Ted are quickfire and I have rewatched with CC and caught a few gems....but personal preference and all that
  • This is an excellent programme.  Very funny, quite clever, and SCP.
  • Carter said:
    I watched the first season and loved it, got a really strong cast who all show up. Brett Goldstein is always excellent and he takes it up a notch with Roy Kent the stalwart of the club 

If you haven't seen it, Superbob with Brett Goldstein as Peckham's super-hero is excellent.  I've seen it three times and would watch it again.
    I have indeed seen superbob and am a fan. Especially of Natalie Tena 
  • Have started to watch this after seeing this thread, up to episode 8 in series 1 and think it's great, best comedy I've seen for a while. Really well put together and funny and although the actual football scenes are a bit naff it doesn't matter as they are few and far between.

• Tried it when very first released, but gave up, as found it too slow going. My nephew suggested I stuck with it only about 6 weeks ago and I am nearly finished the 1st season and have really enjoyed it. It has funny moments, quirkiness and some more heart touching stuff too. Looking forward to second season which I will start soon.
  • I struggled with it at first. Thought it was a bit too cheesy. But went back to it recently and realised it’s incredibly well written. Didn’t give it anywhere near enough credit for how well painted the characters are. 
  • Was a bit weird them putting out the Christmas special in August. Maybe turned the cheese level up a tad too high in the latest episode.