Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Membership scheme

1235»

Comments

• Yes, arrived in Mondays post. 
  • Yes, arrived in Mondays post. 
    Thanks. I'll see if they turn up today!
  • My lucky Addicks socks arrived today and I’m overjoyed. Looking forward to donning them on Saturday and showing them off. Gosh, I can’t wait to see the green eyes of non-members wishing they had subscribed. Onwards and upwards 🥸
  • My cats got their pack, zero chance of them wearing a bandana, so if anyone wants them let me know

• I live in SWFrance.
    Do you ever visit San Sebastián or Irun?
    Bloody hell! Sorry mate, I’ve only just seen your question!
    but no, we haven’t been there yet. But may do next year if we go to our friend’s flat in Portugal.
  • Solidgone said:
    My lucky Addicks socks arrived today and I’m overjoyed. Looking forward to donning them on Saturday and showing them off. Gosh, I can’t wait to see the green eyes of non-members wishing they had subscribed. Onwards and upwards 🥸
    When we lose 1-0 to a ludicrous penalty after hitting the woodwork 5 times, and finish the game with 9 men after Stockley and Famewo are stretchered off, I trust you will burn the lucky socks  ;)
  • Solidgone said:
    My lucky Addicks socks arrived today and I’m overjoyed. Looking forward to donning them on Saturday and showing them off. Gosh, I can’t wait to see the green eyes of non-members wishing they had subscribed. Onwards and upwards 🥸
    Wearing them with crocs or sandals will definitely cancel out any luck, Solidgone :smiley:
  • Mine has arrived too.  Think they should have just stuck to the membership card. I'm a litte too old (by more than 50 years) to want to show off my A4 size certificate and as far as the socks are concerned I don't think many female supporters have Size 9+ feet! Calendar's good though. 
    PS Was surprised they were sent by 'Signed for Delivery' - postage must have cost more than the contents
  • I live in SWFrance.
    All right for some....nice part of the world.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone having issues signing up/registering a new account? I'm trying for International Addicks and, first there's an error that comes up when you try and add the discounted ValleyPass, then if you get past that, my country isn't in the pulldown list, then if you skip past that, none of the final buttons work to process the order before payment. I've tried every browser I have, but they all do the same thing. I've sent in a support request, but I doubt I'll get sorted before tomorrow's match. 

Just wondering if anyone else's encountered issues.
  • They clearly intend my International Addicks flag to be passed to one of the ‘little people’ here in Eire lol

But the pin badge is class.

Up the Addicks ❤️
  • those lucky socks don’t appear to be working 😞
  • These memberships are pissing me off, 3rd time now I’ve waited for tickets to go on sale after the 48 hour priority window and the seat next to my ST has been taken. I know it doesn’t belong to me, but I find it a piss take that I have to buy my Mrs a membership, just so that we have half a chance of standing next to each other at the game 4 times a year. 
  • Both my kids now have season tickets and members.  I have a season ticket and will shortly buy the membership too.

So looking back at the membership.

Adult one promised a tour of the training ground which is why I signed up.  The tour was midweek during work hours and I was given 48 hours notice by the club which meant I missed it.  No alternative dates available. It was the only reason I signed up.  It also promised a Q+A with the manager which turned out to be for all season ticket holders too so a little disingenuous on the advertising for the membership = value for money = no.

Kids one promised a signed photo and certificate which kids got, a tour of the Valley which they loved but proved troublesome to book online.  Christmas and birthday cards which we received 50% of; training at Sparrows Lane which was on a school day at the same time my kids school finishes so they couldn't get there; a Christmas Party (couldn't make due to covid-not clubs fault), and a chance to play on the pitch at the end of the season which turned out to be available to season ticket holders who were not members = value for money just about ok for one season.

Certainly wouldn't bother with the adult one next season and not convinced I will with the kids. 

Poorly advertised to the point of being a touch disingenuous I would say.  Overall disappointing.
  • It's the same as the S/T incentives.
    They too were disingenuous or thought up by an incompetent.
    I regret to say it's a bit of both, but more disingenuous than incompetent.
    Just be honest, that's my main wish.
    Why try and screw fans over?
  • Both my kids now have season tickets and members.  I have a season ticket and will shortly buy the membership too.

So looking back at the membership.

Adult one promised a tour of the training ground which is why I signed up.  The tour was midweek during work hours and I was given 48 hours notice by the club which meant I missed it.  No alternative dates available. It was the only reason I signed up.  It also promised a Q+A with the manager which turned out to be for all season ticket holders too so a little disingenuous on the advertising for the membership = value for money = no.

Kids one promised a signed photo and certificate which kids got, a tour of the Valley which they loved but proved troublesome to book online.  Christmas and birthday cards which we received 50% of; training at Sparrows Lane which was on a school day at the same time my kids school finishes so they couldn't get there; a Christmas Party (couldn't make due to covid-not clubs fault), and a chance to play on the pitch at the end of the season which turned out to be available to season ticket holders who were not members = value for money just about ok for one season.

Certainly wouldn't bother with the adult one next season and not convinced I will with the kids. 

Poorly advertised to the point of being a touch disingenuous I would say.  Overall disappointing.
    I would be very surprised if they risk doing this again. having said that, they have just churned out the same tired season ticket deal.
  • It's the same as the S/T incentives.
    They too were disingenuous or thought up by an incompetent.
    I regret to say it's a bit of both, but more disingenuous than incompetent.
    Just be honest, that's my main wish.
    Why try and screw fans over?
    Don’t think that’s the intention. It’s just these things seem a lot easier when a group of people who mostly won’t be involved in delivering them sit round a table looking for ideas.

We didn’t need an adult membership scheme and it was foolish to offer one with benefits not supplied as of right to season ticket holders paying much more. I never got more than “every other club has one” as an explanation.
  • Membership, if deemed to be an 'essential' by the club should have been included as part of the season ticket deal, imo. This would have avoided complaints from ST holders when the membership scheme was announced. Tactically nieve at best!
    I wonder what percentage of those taking out membership actually managed to claim all the benefits offered?
    I saw the membership scheme as potentially a good way of increasing fan involvement on non-match days and I believe it could have worked well, if properly planned and resourced.
    But it seems that the development needed to make it work ended once the decision to go ahead was made. Why did club bother?