Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ipswich Champions Already??

Judging by the excitement every time they sign a player, just wondered if they will drop a point, or even concede a goal this season, and whether we should just give them the title now?

Comments

• Might as well... Would save all the pointless Football
  • So loads of people are saying they are sick & tired of reading about Ipswich, so you start a dedicated thread :neutral:
    Exactly!!  I want to see Ipswich fail big time, let the pressure get to them and all that…
  • So loads of people are saying they are sick & tired of reading about Ipswich, so you start a dedicated thread :neutral:
    Exactly!!  I want to see Ipswich fail big time, let the pressure get to them and all that…
    What, you think the Ipswich players & coaching staff read CL?
    What, you think the Ipswich players & coaching staff read CL?
    Of course not, like I doubt the Celtic players and staff read the Celtic champions already thread.
  • Stupid question to ask but then I'm not surprised someone wants to be a WUM as it's either feast or famine with some.

What most balanced fans are saying is that Ipswich have done their homework, identified who they wanted & went out & got them. That's it. They might have overpaid & the players might flop - but the Ipswich board obviously decided that was their strategy and thought it better than dithering & waiting for players/clubs to reduce their demands.

You'll have to ask an Ipswich fan if they think it was right. All I know is that they look a lot better than they did last season. Can we say the same about us?
  • edited July 2021
    Ipswich remind me of us heading in to the last league one title winning season under Powell....
  • Stupid question to ask but then I'm not surprised someone wants to be a WUM as it's either feast or famine with some.

What most balanced fans are saying is that Ipswich have done their homework, identified who they wanted & went out & got them. That's it. They might have overpaid & the players might flop - but the Ipswich board obviously decided that was their strategy and thought it better than dithering & waiting for players/clubs to reduce their demands.

You'll have to ask an Ipswich fan if they think it was right. All I know is that they look a lot better than they did last season. Can we say the same about us?
    The irony of it all

back under your bridge troll 
  • Think people got upset that some posters thought Ipswich were having a better window than us. 

So now they've invented this idea that people think Ipswich have already won the league. 

Bit odd really. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Ipswich remind me of us heading in to the last league one title winning season under Powell....
    Ipswich just reminds me off the way we beat them over two legs for us to have that famous Wembley play off final win against Sunderland to get us to the promise land 🔴⚪️

• Funny stat lost in all the talk of Ipswich.... they are net sellers this transfer window.
    https://www.transfermarkt.us/ipswich-town/transfers/verein/677

• No way is that true. They have no fees listed for Fraser, Chaplin and Edmundson for a start.
  • edited August 2021
    Apparently, the Ipswich fans have been chanting "Chequebook FC" during friendlies. What a bunch of idiots.

On a separate note, from the way Paul Cook talks in the post-match Millwall interview, it sounds as though his squad and his system are a complete mess at the moment. LB wasn't talking rubbish when he spoke about how hard it was having to start over each season.
  • Chunes said:
    Apparently, the Ipswich fans have been chanting "Chequebook FC" during friendlies. What a bunch of idiots.

On a separate note, from the way Paul Cook talks in the post-match Millwall interview, it sounds as though his squad and his system are a complete mess at the moment. LB wasn't talking rubbish when he spoke about how hard it was having to start over each season.
    We had our fair share of “idiots” as you call them mouthing off about about the amount of money we had when the Middle East consortium took over. We were even being compared to Man City. 
  • Of course they've won the league, we play them on the last day of the season 
    Didn’t we lift the trophy the last time we played them in the final game of the season ?
    Didn’t we lift the trophy the last time we played them in the final game of the season ?
    Yeah that would have been 1999/2000
  • edited August 2021
    Thing is, they may well have signed decent players, but they still have to gel as a team.  That said, cook is a good manager at this level. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Thing is, they may well have signed decent players, but they still have to gel as a team.  That said, cool is a good manager at this level. 

Cool may have got a new gang but has he got a song to beat TS’s ?
  • As someone who lives in Norfolk and married to a Norwich City supporter, any mention of the "I" word (or Ipshite as they are affectionately called in this house) is frowned upon. Cue uncontrollable laughter and expletives when I tell him they are going to win the league this season!! 
  • Think people got upset that some posters thought Ipswich were having a better window than us. 

So now they've invented this idea that people think Ipswich have already won the league. 

Bit odd really. 
    Not invented, there were plenty of posts in the rumours thread were some had decided Ipswich had won the league.
  • They've had an awful pre-season but their first few league fixtures are relatively kind
  • No way is that true. They have no fees listed for Fraser, Chaplin and Edmundson for a start.
    It will be once they sell Downes.  Plus that doesn't include the fee for their academy guy going to Norwich which is with the tribunal. 

They did what a lot of people on here wanted us to do, they didn't play Judge so he didn't trigger his extra year, unlike Watson.  I don't think they renewed any of their existing senior players.  They have brought more players, signed more frees than almost anyone because they had to. 

More than one way to skin a cat. 
  • The reason they lost is yesterday is they were up against Millwallona.
  • Millwall have built themselves a good team this season, as hard as it is to say. 
    Boot will be on the other foot though this time...."For the times they are a changing" B)
  • Scoham said:
    The reason they lost is yesterday is they were up against Millwallona.
    Has to be said quite impressive B)
  • Millwall have built themselves a good team this season, as hard as it is to say. 
    Very well run club on and off the pitch past few years.