Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thunderstorm.............

Wow.

Just had an intense 20 mins of thunder, lightening, wind & rain over Swanley.

Comments

• Yeah my Wife just text from work in Orpington saying it was bright sunshine one minute... chucking it down the next.

Think its moving over to Medway as Met Office is saying it'll start raining at 3pm with Thunderstorms @ 4pm
  • Sure it wasn't that dodgy vindaloo B)
  • Same here in Eynsford! Not even reducing the temperature..
  • We had a bit of rain, huge raindrops, over Plumstead. Didn’t hear any thunder or see any lightning.
    Maybe later. 🌧 ☔️ 
  • Unbelievable Jeff. Coming back from a funeral at Chislehurst Crematory and flash flooding in just 5 minutes.

Wickham Lane and Kings Harold's Way a running river. Even in the middle of a wide road like KHW was aqua planing. Cars abandoned. Amazing scenes, albeit a bit scary at times. 

Left some exercise clothes out to dry while out, ha ha. 

• Sunny Cornwall is blazing hot.  Gazing into the blue yonder, not a cloud in sight.
    Like the Med right now.

Everybody's dream of what Cornwall is like. The reality is usually a bit different. :smile:

#missingthemizzle

• In Bexleyheath and it hammered down around 1:45. Sounded like a lightening strike just outside the house. Massive bang, never heard a noise like it. We now have a Sky engineer coming out tomorrow to replace our very dead broadband router!
  • Same here also Swanley 😂
  • In Bexleyheath and it hammered down around 1:45. Sounded like a lightening strike just outside the house. Massive bang, never heard a noise like it. We now have a Sky engineer coming out tomorrow to replace our very dead broadband router!
    Lightning strike just by the station according to lightningmaps 
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolutely nothing has happened in Locksbottom. 
  • Hailstones in Eynsford now!
  • Hailstones in Eynsford now!
    I’m only liking your post because it’s the same over the field from you in Farningham!! 
  • edited July 2021
    Absolutely nothing has happened in Locksbottom. 
    Ever 

Edit: bollocks
  • edited July 2021
    iainment said:
    We had a bit of rain, huge raindrops, over Plumstead. Didn’t hear any thunder or see any lightning.
    Maybe later. 🌧 ☔️ 
    We had nothing in Thamesmead apart from a little bit of  Thunder .

• All's well up here in Leicestershire! Sun out 27 degs, a slight breeze, dogs chilling out under the trees in the garden....very pleasant!

Not that far from there so sounds about right.
    Not heard of lightning maps before but looking on it there’s been one not far from me. There was a flash followed immediately by a massive bang 😐. @Eynsfordaddick it’s in Sparepenny Lane. 
  • Sponsored links:

• fadgadget said:
    iainment said:
    We had a bit of rain, huge raindrops, over Plumstead. Didn’t hear any thunder or see any lightning.
    Maybe later. 🌧 ☔️ 
    We had nothing in Thamesmead apart from a little bit of  Thunder .

One clap of thunder and about 30 seconds of rain in Sunny Sidcup
    Not heard of lightning maps before but looking on it there’s been one not far from me. There was a flash followed immediately by a massive bang 😐. @Eynsfordaddick it’s in Sparepenny Lane. 
    Wow! Very close to me in Eynsford Rise. :)
  • Gillingham has had plenty of thunder bit no rain yet
  • Oggy Red said:

Sunny Cornwall is blazing hot.  Gazing into the blue yonder, not a cloud in sight.
    Like the Med right now.

Everybody's dream of what Cornwall is like. The reality is usually a bit different. :smile:

#missingthemizzle

Apologies in advance but I arrive on Thursday as do thunderstorms and heavy rain

Mark my words normal service will be resumed
  • thenewbie said:
    Gillingham has had plenty of thunder bit no rain yet
    Snodland had thunder but no rain and then suddenly it was the end of the world
  • West country, not a cloud to be seen, not a hint of a breeze, melting slowly...
  • Glorious day here in Yorkshire. 28 degrees and very gentle breeze. Sitting in garden. I can feel a cold beer coming on. 
  • still roasting in south west london... whats going on?
  • Sunny in Sidcup, as usual.