Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton betting odds for season 21/22

Skybet are offering the following odds on us for the coming season. Which ones do you think are good value and which will you be betting on, if any?

1. League 1 Winners: 12-1
2. Automatic promotion: 4-1
3. Top 6: 13-8
4. Top half finish 1-2

I reckon lump on top half and place a smaller bet on top 6. Unless we do some amazing business very soon, I can’t see us doing any better than that.

Thoughts?

Comments

• I think I will hold fire for now, it's too soon to have a clue
  • Top half is printing money. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Top half is printing money. 
    Yeah if you had a bit of dough that would be a wise investment.
  • We still have a one paced midfield and there's no sign of us bringing in the 20 goal a season striker we clearly need. Anything more than a top 12 finish is optimistic at the moment.
  • Too early to make a call. The bookies assuming we will be getting some players in. Will wait for a few weeks 
  • Think we were 14s in the SCP title season, and pretty sure we'd already made a shed load of high calibre signings at this stage.

Got a weaker squad than we finished last season with as it stands. If I had a couple of grand floating around I'd be all over the top half finish, not much value in the other stuff though.
  • They cap the top half finish bets at £250 profit

Or they did to me last season. 

I did that and then invested the £250 in a bet to reach the play offs. Goal difference away from  tidy profit. 

Placed them after our dodgy start when we were bottom half .... so odds were much better than the above, too 
  • edited July 2021
    They cap the top half finish bets at £250 profit

I did that and then invested the £250 in a bet to reach the play offs. Goal difference away from  tidy profit. 

Placed them after our dodgy start when we were bottom half .... so odds were much better than the above, too 
    Correct. Max £500 bet on top half finish pays £750. I’m on it. Hopefully pays for my season ticket.
  • meldrew66 said:

Correct. Max £500 bet on top half finish pays £750. I’m on it. Hopefully pays for my season ticket.

If you can only bet £500 that will make you a £250 profit.
  • Sadly I still think Covid has a role to play this season. Not sure if it’s predetermined what a curtailed season looks like e.g. points per game etc. 

In those circumstances would the bet still stand?

Whilst I am confident they are good odds for a top half finish the unknowns are a possible factor. 
  • Sponsored links:

• meldrew66 said:

Being someone who doesn't normally bet on football, what is the tax situation on that bet? 
  • No tax on bets 
  • redman said:
    meldrew66 said:

Being someone who doesn't normally bet on football, what is the tax situation on that bet? 
    Tax free 
  • meldrew66 said:

Yep. 50% return on investment in just 9 months sounds pretty good to me.
  • edited July 2021
    meldrew66 said:
    Skybet are offering the following odds on us for the coming season. Which ones do you think are good value and which will you be betting on, if any?

4. Top half finish 1-2

I reckon lump on top half and place a smaller bet on top 6. Unless we do some amazing business very soon, I can’t see us doing any better than that.

Thoughts?
    I started the exact same thread a couple of weeks ago.
    I did all the bets.
    The top half bet I've won our last 2 seasons in L1.
    It's very difficult to see how we can't end up top half.
    I cashed out without loss the promotion and top 6 bets last season. 
  • meldrew66 said:

4. Top half finish 1-2

Thoughts?
    I did all the bets.
    Apologies for not seeing your thread.
  • meldrew66 said:

4. Top half finish 1-2

Thoughts?
    I did all the bets.
    When did you cash out?

I stuck with mine right to the end with an eye on the big prize 

Did the same with England in Euros 

And Ooisthausen in the golf 

Keep bloody missing out 

Don't think I'd change of of the decides though:)

• Surely Wigan at 1/2 is also a no brainer.
  • meldrew66 said:

4. Top half finish 1-2

Thoughts?
    I did all the bets.
    When did you cash out?

Keep bloody missing out 

It was when we fell to 13th (I think 13th) in about February and before our form recovered initially under Bowyer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• meldrew66 said:

4. Top half finish 1-2

Thoughts?
    I did all the bets.
    When did you cash out?

Keep bloody missing out 

It was when we fell to 13th (I think 13th) in about February and before our form recovered initially under Bowyer. 
    Aha... thats when I put a bit more on promotion at incredible odds. 

Didn't get me any profit in in end, though :(
  • I'd Say if you can Top half is probably a bit of value, i like top 6 too. Our odds will go in If we start signing people so nows the time to bet unless you think we start poor again. 
  • edited July 2021
    I'd Say if you can Top half is probably a bit of value, i like top 6 too. Our odds will go in If we start signing people so nows the time to bet unless you think we start poor again. 
    Looking at the fixture list, I would say we have a tough first 3 games which may not yield a win against strong opposition (Sheff Weds, Oxford and Wigan) so you may have a point about the odds potentially improving after a handful of games. Oh well, I’m locked in now with a monkey on top half finish @ 1/2. I’m still not sure we will make the top 6 with the current squad as I can’t see us scoring enough. I was more confident last year and lumped on but, of course, we fell just short. I even bloody cashed out the top half bet when he had the mid season wobble too. I must learn to hold my nerve as none of my cash-outs so far have been the right decision.
  • Gone for Charlton top six @ 7/2 on Virginbet with some money that I made from the free welcome bet offer for the Euros.

Not confident enough to bet on promotion yet, but feel that we will be there or thereabouts.  I can see the League being much more challenging than last year, which I feel we see as an opportunity squandered -principally for holding onto LB for too long until the damage was irreparable.

I'm sure the squad will improve and so will my optimism, but there's a lot of teams chucking the wedge about at the moment....it's going to be savage!
  • meldrew66 said:
    I'd Say if you can Top half is probably a bit of value, i like top 6 too. Our odds will go in If we start signing people so nows the time to bet unless you think we start poor again. 
    Looking at the fixture list, I would say we have a tough first 3 games which may not yield a win against strong opposition (Sheff Weds, Oxford and Wigan) so you may have a point about the odds potentially improving after a handful of games. Oh well, I’m locked in now with a monkey on top half finish @ 1/2. I’m still not sure we will make the top 6 with the current squad as I can’t see us scoring enough. I was more confident last year and lumped on but, of course, we fell just short. I even bloody cashed out the top half bet when he had the mid season wobble too. I must learn to hold my nerve as none of my cash-outs so far have been the right decision.
    I backed us early doors when we had a slip up on the basis TS was coming in, looked like we would get some form going but then it just nose dived. I had top 3 last year and was fairly confident, i'd probably be more confident for a top 6 this season but top half is the bet IMO 
  • Gone for Charlton top six @ 7/2 on Virginbet with some money that I made from the free welcome bet offer for the Euros.

Not confident enough to bet on promotion yet, but feel that we will be there or thereabouts.  I can see the League being much more challenging than last year, which I feel we see as an opportunity squandered -principally for holding onto LB for too long until the damage was irreparable.

I'm sure the squad will improve and so will my optimism, but there's a lot of teams chucking the wedge about at the moment....it's going to be savage!
    Actually, your 7/2 bet with Virginbet is for promotion, not top 6 - unless I’ve read their website wrong. I thought 7/2 compared to 13/8 with Skybet was too good to be true for top 6. 
  • meldrew66 said:
    Gone for Charlton top six @ 7/2 on Virginbet with some money that I made from the free welcome bet offer for the Euros.

Actually, your 7/2 bet with Virginbet is for promotion, not top 6 - unless I’ve read their website wrong. I thought 7/2 compared to 13/8 with Skybet was too good to be true for top 6. 
    I was surprised as well, especially as I use oddschecker.
  • Not Charlton related but did Ipswich+Chelsea league win double £50 @ 60/1
  • Sporting Index are going Charlton 71-73 points on there spreads.

I think we will get over  80 points, they have Ipswich 77-79 points as favourites

• I try avoid betting Charlton but a bit surprised by lack of movement on long term odds this last week. First league win against Crewe followed up by a 6-1 cup win with a reserve team, showing good squad depth. Squad significantly strengthened on Deadline Day and the days leading up to it. Additions like Arter and Leko certainly has more quality and potential than any other recent transfer business by L1 clubs.

Really cant see us finishing bottom half, and have put all my long term betting money on Charlton. £700 spread:

340 at Charlton finishing top half:
    3/4 (pays 595)

290 at Charlton top six:
    9/4 (pays 942,50)

70 at Charlton automatic promotion:
    12/1 (pays 910)

Most likely to give a 105 pound loss (position 7-12), but I do like the possible profit on Charlton making a Play Off place (837,50) or even get the automatics (1747,50).