Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charity Challenge - 27 Miles in 27 Hours

Morning Folks

This weekend I plan to do another one of my running Challenges in Memory of my Mum who sadly died last year after a battle with Bowel Cancer

When I originally planned the date, I didn’t realise it coincided with the Euros final, so before England have even kicked a ball in that game I’m already going to be wobbly legged.  Bodes well for the rest of the evening

====================

Jane Bollen was one of the kindest individuals we ever knew. She inspired countless generations and helped thousands of children in their education. Never scared of the extra work to help them grow. She was an inspiration to everyone who ever met her

The care and love she brought to so many people’s lives was immense. She always put others before herself and cared for so many people. She loved teaching, it was her passion in life to help people and she always made time for even the smallest of things.

She would always go the extra mile for anyone, and there is the next theme for my next Charity run. On the 10th/11th July I intend to run 27.3 miles (1 mile more than a marathon) in 27 hours. 

The rules are simple: every hour, I must run at least 1 mile for 27 hours. (It's one way to hit my marathon target).  Its going to be a long couple of days, but one way to keep my nerves in check

All this in aid of raising money for the magnificent Beechwood Cancer Care Centre Stockport (https://beechwoodcancercare.org.uk/). During Mum's treatment last year, they provided much needed support for her, especially when she was in hospital during the first lockdown.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/MrsBollensExtraMile

Please Donate if you can to this wonderful cause and make all the chafing, blisters and worn out leggings worth it

Thank you

Will

(Delete if not allowed)

Comments

• Bump

Just completed my first Mile
    26 to go
  • edited July 2021
    cafcwill said:
    Bump

26 to go
    £1 per completed mile. If you can hit 26.195 miles (that's a decimal not a comma) in the time I'll round it to £30. Might not be a lot to some, but the best I can offer at the moment. 

Smash it lad.

• Dazzler21 said:
    cafcwill said:
    Bump

26 to go
    £1 per completed mile. If you can hit 26.195 miles (that's a decimal not a comma) in the time I'll round it to £30. Might not be a lot to some, but the best I can offer at the moment. 

Smash it lad.

Thank you.
    Should it 27miles by 5 o'clock
    Currently done 19 and preparing for number 20

Follow @keeprunningwill on twitter of mile by mile updates
  • Good luck Will. Great way to honour your mum. 
  • TelMc32 said:
    Good luck Will. Great way to honour your mum. 
    Thank you
  • Smashed it Will. 

Well done lad. I am sure your Mum would have been proud of you raising over a grand for such a good cause.