Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NHS Covid Pass for Travel - Advice Please

Grateful for any guidance on the above that you well-informed folk can give me.

Had my second vaccination last Thursday, 1 July. Due to go on holiday Friday next week, 16 July - so a full 14 days in between 2nd jab and departure) and trying to establish if the NHS Covid Pass will show up on my NHS App before I fly. NHS website suggests you get the pass 14 days after your 2nd jab.

Question 1 - is Day 1 of the 14 the day I got jabbed (1 July) or the day after that (2 July). 
Question 2 - how quickly does the pass arrive on your phone? Is is just there when the clock strikes midnight after the 14 days have been completed, or is it more the case that it shows up at an unspecified time shortly after the 14 days is completed?

Suspect I'll have to pay for a test that I don't need, but bit of extra info would be very handy before I stump up for the test.

Comments

• don't know any of those answers but I'd set up the app on your phone as soon as you can. It should register you as having had dose one at least.
  • I've been doubled jabbed for the last 7-8 weeks or so and I havent got a covid pass on my NHS Covid-19 App?!
    Are you sure it comes up in the App?
  • don't know any of those answers but I'd set up the app on your phone as soon as you can. It should register you as having had dose one at least.
    Got the app already and it is indeed showing Dose 1, but not Dose 2 so far.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    I've been doubled jabbed for the last 7-8 weeks or so and I havent got a covid pass on my NHS Covid-19 App?!
    Are you sure it comes up in the App?
    As Exiled In Manchester says, it's the main NHS app, has all your medical records on it. Not the same as the NHS Covid 19 App.
  • Noted, cheers chaps
  • its not the Covid app its the NHS App. Its different. I've been jabbed twice (second one was yonks ago though) and it gives me the option for Covid pass for either travel or test events. I'm going to Wembley tomorrow so will try it out. as I don't trust it work (or wifi fails etc) I did  home lateral flow test today and reported it so I have the text as a back up
  • Well, thats rather clever.  Didnt even realise there was a NHS app.  Thanks all.  
  • edited July 2021
    its not the Covid app its the NHS App. Its different. I've been jabbed twice (second one was yonks ago though) and it gives me the option for Covid pass for either travel or test events. I'm going to Wembley tomorrow so will try it out. as I don't trust it work (or wifi fails etc) I did  home lateral flow test today and reported it so I have the text as a back up
    I did the temporary Covid Pass to get into Wembley for the Germany game. Took about 2 hours to come through after registering the test result.

Edit: @PemburyAddick - if you've had both jabs then you don't need to do the Lateral Flow Test, and should be able to get the permanent one (the one I want before I go on holiday).
  • The requirements my depend on which country you are going to and why
  • Sponsored links:

• My app is showing that I had 3 jabs, somehow it showing the first one twice.
    2 pricks at once, lucky you.
  • edited July 2021
    You need the NHS app not the NHS COVID-19 app. 
    I’ve got mine on MyGP ... is that considered the same or do I need an NHS app as well? 
  • edited July 2021
    Can't really answer save to say I was second jabbed on Weds 16 June.  I then went to England v Germany on Tues 29th June and my second jab was not showing then - 13 days later.  I checked yesterday and it is now showing with a bar code.  Sadly I didn't check or get any notifications to say what day it actually did appear.

• The NHS app is excellent - I’m really impressed with it - just checked mine and there is a new feature to ‘get your NHS COVID Pass’ - one for events and one for travel - clicked on travel, and there it states that I am ‘vaccinated against COVID 19’
  • its not the Covid app its the NHS App. Its different. I've been jabbed twice (second one was yonks ago though) and it gives me the option for Covid pass for either travel or test events. I'm going to Wembley tomorrow so will try it out. as I don't trust it work (or wifi fails etc) I did  home lateral flow test today and reported it so I have the text as a back up
    @PemburyAddick - I think you can also get it sent to you via an email or download it as a pdf
  • The nurse that did my second jab told me about the NHS app and to use it for proof of being fully jabbed. I downloaded it that evening and both vaccination records were already there. I've just travelled to Portugal and it was well handy 
  • edited July 2021
    Download the NHS App

When you’ve gone through the process of registering, you’ll get this screen up … 

This is where you’ll get your Covid Pass and QR code 

… You’re welcome 

ps I’ve been advised to print off the Covid Pass just in case you don’t have an internet connection 
  • Can I ask a silly question, is there a time limit on the pass? Both concerning travelling aboard.

1st questionWe are meant to be going aboard in September and was wondering when we can print it out. 

2nd question the wife hasn’t got a smart phone, but has her own email address could she also have her info on my phone or would this cause a problem, really I suppose I’m asking do I need to buy her a smart phone.
  • Can I ask a silly question, is there a time limit on the pass? Both concerning travelling aboard.

1st questionWe are meant to be going aboard in September and was wondering when we can print it out. 

2nd question the wife hasn’t got a smart phone, but has her own email address could she also have her info on my phone or would this cause a problem, really I suppose I’m asking do I need to buy her a smart phone.
    Yes - mine expires next August

Yes - get a smart phone
  • Sponsored links:

The pass on the NHS app last for 28 days, but automatically renews (Presumably it will stop auto renewing when people are due to have booster jabs, next year or whever that might be)

Question 1 - around 14 days after your second jab.

Question 2 - (from here) https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/ 

Get a paper version (vaccination status only)

You can get an NHS COVID Pass letter sent to you in the post.

This shows you've been vaccinated against COVID-19. It does not show COVID-19 test results.

You can ask for a letter 2 weeks after having your 2nd dose of the vaccine. You should get it within 5 working days.

• stonemuse said:
    I’ve got mine on MyGP ... is that considered the same or do I need an NHS app as well? 
    That's the same, your record should come up on there also
  • MrLargo said:
    its not the Covid app its the NHS App. Its different. I've been jabbed twice (second one was yonks ago though) and it gives me the option for Covid pass for either travel or test events. I'm going to Wembley tomorrow so will try it out. as I don't trust it work (or wifi fails etc) I did  home lateral flow test today and reported it so I have the text as a back up
    I did the temporary Covid Pass to get into Wembley for the Germany game. Took about 2 hours to come through after registering the test result.

Edit: @PemburyAddick - if you've had both jabs then you don't need to do the Lateral Flow Test, and should be able to get the permanent one (the one I want before I go on holiday).

I know thanks. I was just getting a back up option in case!
  • ads said:
    stonemuse said:
    That's the same, your record should come up on there also
    Thanks