Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Membership scheme

Comments

• edited June 2021
    Does anyone know how the new membership scheme compares/impacts on Valley Gold membership? VG has always been promoted as providing priority for limited availability ticket sales.

Does VG offer points? 
    No loyalty points for VG but a very high placing in the away ticket sale phases, roughly on a par with a ST holder who goes to 5 or 6 aways a season.
  • ct_addick said:
    Trying to sign up for International Membership as live in USA and trying to register a new account as I moved recently and had to change email adresses and can't get past the address information...don't know if anyone else having issues 
    Just to say I ordered an International Membership on my account for my brother. I added his details to my account but I am not sure of the package will turn up here or in NZ. 
  • Dog membership just had to be done  :D
  • Does anyone know how the new membership scheme compares/impacts on Valley Gold membership? VG has always been promoted as providing priority for limited availability ticket sales.

Does VG offer points? 
    No loyalty points for VG but a very high placing in the away ticket sale phases, roughly on a par with a ST holder who goes to 5 or 6 aways a season.
    maybe that is the target market ? supporters who livea  fair distance away and only got to the away games near them? a way of getting a chunk of money from them?
  • DOUCHER said:
    Does anyone know how the new membership scheme compares/impacts on Valley Gold membership? VG has always been promoted as providing priority for limited availability ticket sales.

Does VG offer points? 
    maybe that is the target market ? supporters who livea  fair distance away and only got to the away games near them? a way of getting a chunk of money from them?
    If that's the logic, then it's flawed logic. Have you seen the location of the vast majority of winners? They are almost all in Kent.

It would make sense for me to buy a cheap season ticket rather than a subscription to VG and pay occasional match tickets. 
  • DOUCHER said:

Does VG offer points? 
    If that's the logic, then it's flawed logic. Have you seen the location of the vast majority of winners? They are almost all in Kent.

It would make sense for me to buy a cheap season ticket rather than a subscription to VG and pay occasional match tickets. 
    sorry, i was talking about the membership thing - not taken a lot of notice of the details of that or VG tbh  
  • Nice pin badge for members I was given at the Valley today.

Much better than some socks IMHO

• Addickted said:
    Dog membership just had to be done  :D
    You know it makes sense. 

Not as good as a fish nailed to a stick.

Not as good as a fish nailed to a stick.
    Obviously
  • Sponsored links:

• Last year the Charlton TV season ticket was £140 at the start of the season but rose to £195 when the price went up to a tenner.

Assuming about the same, 15% discount is actually more than the cost of membership. Of course we don't yet know what's on offer and I'm likely to be in the UK anyway so I'll hold fire for now.

I don't think Ernie the dog will be too bothered if I don't sign him up.
    However you *may* get round it if you join one of the affiliated international groups. It seems such members will get the 15% discount. I’m in the International Addicks, powered by the German lads, and it is great. Those guys know how to run a Zoom meeting! Time zone is a problem for joining such meetings from Asia, yet we have a Korean member and as of today someone from HK. 
    I was just about to mention the same thing.

There’s not really a lot offered that I can’t get by being a member of the club-affiliated International Addicks.

It’s not a question of money, as I will definitely be getting two pet memberships for my dogs, but for me personally I don’t see any advantage.

BTW, any overseas Addicks (or even UK-based) feel free to join us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, or contact me via private message for more info.

• edited June 2021
    Feel like ST holders are being conned a bit.

Apparently you get a £10 discount but not entitled to the £2 off match tickets, would be useful for people that have friends and family that can’t make every game. Not really a discount when you don’t get the all the same benefits as a non ST holder, just a case of paying less and getting less.

If a non ST holder goes to just 6 games they’ve already got a bigger saving than the ST holder.

Something just doesn’t sit right with me that they’re targeting ST holders with this supposed discount when they know it’s not really a discount at all.

Do ST holders still get the 30 loyalty points or only 25? Because that would make an even bigger mockery of said “discount”.
  • edited June 2021
    My dog is called JJ but sadly he hasn't shown much interest in Charlton to date. He doesn't even like the Charlton dog bowl I bought him. There certainly isn't enough for me to make him a member. I am wondering if Wolfsburg may be his club!
  • Have his legs gone?
  • edited June 2021
    Sorry I still don't really get what you get from a membership?

Edit... Saw the YouTube video and the memberships page, missed the opening post on this thread with the benefits.
  • I'd buy my dog membership if he is allowed in the Valley.
  • I note with the 18+ membership, you get £5 off Charlton TV Annual Subscription - what will you be able to watch from next season on Charlton TV?
  • Both my kids now have season tickets and members.  I have a season ticket and will shortly buy the membership too.
  • my youngest used to be a ballboy along with Harry and James Beadle a few years back - they were the best in the league, had every time wasting trick in the book and were often credited with an assist for a quick throw in leading to a goal - if u take on this important role, u need to be biased !! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone had any response from the Club on these schemes yet?
  • just my view but anything that gets bums on seats and fills the ground on a sustained basis is good, anything that doesn't is flim flam in my view, so I guess ask what it does for that and how and you will have an answer.
  • edited June 2021
    I note with the 18+ membership, you get £5 off Charlton TV Annual Subscription - what will you be able to watch from next season on Charlton TV?
    No UK subscription for streaming, so highlights etc only, no streaming with a subscription.
  • Last year the Charlton TV season ticket was £140 at the start of the season but rose to £195 when the price went up to a tenner.

Assuming about the same, 15% discount is actually more than the cost of membership. Of course we don't yet know what's on offer and I'm likely to be in the UK anyway so I'll hold fire for now.

I don't think Ernie the dog will be too bothered if I don't sign him up.
    However you *may* get round it if you join one of the affiliated international groups. It seems such members will get the 15% discount. I’m in the International Addicks, powered by the German lads, and it is great. Those guys know how to run a Zoom meeting! Time zone is a problem for joining such meetings from Asia, yet we have a Korean member and as of today someone from HK. 
    I was just about to mention the same thing.

There’s not really a lot offered that I can’t get by being a member of the club-affiliated International Addicks.

It’s not a question of money, as I will definitely be getting two pet memberships for my dogs, but for me personally I don’t see any advantage.

BTW, any overseas Addicks (or even UK-based) feel free to join us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, or contact me via private message for more info.

Hi STUART......as a matter of interest, where are you based?
  • I live in SWFrance.
  • Addickted said:
    Anyone had any response from the Club on these schemes yet?
    No.
    I’ve paid a international membership.
    When I log onto the website it shows I’m a member.
    But as I’m in Ireland I can’t avail of any benefits to the streaming service 😔
    Not the clubs fault I know but it’s annoying.
    I’m hoping the silence from the club is due to more important stuff going on, so I’m not too bothered tbh.
  • I live in SWFrance.
    Do you ever visit San Sebastián or Irun?
  • Addickted said:
    Anyone had any response from the Club on these schemes yet?
    No.
    I’ve paid a international membership.
    When I log onto the website it shows I’m a member.
    But as I’m in Ireland I can’t avail of any benefits to the streaming service 😔
    Not the clubs fault I know but it’s annoying.
    I’m hoping the silence from the club is due to more important stuff going on, so I’m not too bothered tbh.
    Could you use a vpn?
  • Both my kids now have season tickets and members.  I have a season ticket and will shortly buy the membership too.
    Has anyone received their membership pack yet? Signed up in June and supposedly being sent out mid July.