Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Sponsor / Partner Imminent

Comments

• Elton sang Goodbye Yellow Brick Road but didn't write the lyrics

So from your clues Bernie Taupin's mum is the new sponsor. @KiwiValley

Am I warm?
    Did you work at Bletchley Park during the war ?
    Just catching up with this thread. Bletchley Park is a country house near Milton Keynes famous for being the secret domicile of Britain's code breakers during WWII. The most famous of these code breakers was a mathematician called Alan Turing. Sadly, Turing committed suicide in 1954 so he cannot possibly be our new sponsor/partner. There is a however another man famously obsessed with numbers who likens himself to Turing and has connections with the club. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you our new sponsor...

• The big deal for us would be Burnley getting their finger out and selling Pope!
  • No one is gonna pay big bucks for Pope 
  • edited June 2021
    Even £10m would make a big difference to us I suspect. We are due over 20% of any sale are we not?
  • In lawyer speak "imminent" just means that saind lawyer does actually intend to that thing, sometime, in the future, cos there's a fee involved.  All other familiar sounding terms used by lawyers relating to time are so far removed from anything the rest of us understand as to be falsehoods.  Prof Brian Cox barely comprehends legal timescales.  99% of the revenue from 99% *of practising English solicitors is generated by charging storage on work they have no actual intention of doing before the consequences are fatal.
    In normal English, everything lawyers say about when things will happen are flat out lies and then they charge you extra for answering another question..
    *99% of statistics are nonsense

Alternative definition imminent = I am a tree like creature from Middle Earth
  • Richmond se10excile thank you for your comments on my post I can assure you I am a charlton fan going back many years.Indeed as a boy I was on there books as a player but I never made it but I made many good friends at my time at the club who are friends to this day who are still alive.I have not lived in England for 41yrs but to this day I follow charlton with a passion and I am in a very lucky  position through my friendship with ex players I hear things which are not in the public domain so if appropriate I pass them on.
  • Do people understand what sponsorship deals are typically worth at our level? It isn't "millions" or even "hundreds of thousands", because there is very limited value.

So what sort of sum is accurate ?

• edited June 2021
    Do people understand what sponsorship deals are typically worth at our level? It isn't "millions" or even "hundreds of thousands", because there is very limited value.

From the last accounts, so not really timely, I am not sure what counts as commercial and what is a match day activity.  Its not a lot either way is it? 
  • Billy_Mix said:
    In lawyer speak "imminent" just means that saind lawyer does actually intend to that thing, sometime, in the future, cos there's a fee involved.  All other familiar sounding terms used by lawyers relating to time are so far removed from anything the rest of us understand as to be falsehoods.  Prof Brian Cox barely comprehends legal timescales.  99% of the revenue from 99% *of practising English solicitors is generated by charging storage on work they have no actual intention of doing before the consequences are fatal.
    In normal English, everything lawyers say about when things will happen are flat out lies and then they charge you extra for answering another question..
    *99% of statistics are nonsense

Alternative definition imminent = I am a tree like creature from Middle Earth
    I literally don't understand this post at all, is it a example of Bletchley Code?

• Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    Mumford said on the Charlton TV show last night the club were close to signing a multi-million pound ground breaking deal with a new partner on a 3-5 year deal.
    Do people understand what sponsorship deals are typically worth at our level? It isn't "millions" or even "hundreds of thousands", because there is very limited value.
     You're ignoring the club's commercial guy stating this was a multi million deal I think.
  • They are getting partner mixed up with sponser there was no mention of sponsor h e said multi million pound deal with a new partner the more people try to twist it the more it is going to happen.
  • Might well be worth millions if conditions are met 
  • Rothko yes you are right I have heard today that all is well.
  • Addicks59 said:
    Richmond se10excile thank you for your comments on my post I can assure you I am a charlton fan going back many years.Indeed as a boy I was on there books as a player but I never made it but I made many good friends at my time at the club who are friends to this day who are still alive.I have not lived in England for 41yrs but to this day I follow charlton with a passion and I am in a very lucky  position through my friendship with ex players I hear things which are not in the public domain so if appropriate I pass them on.
    Hi...

Are you confident that our recruitment process is going to plan, thanks.
  • Yes I am as someone has already said (Crawley) I believe we are fishing in a bigger pond we are looking at a new CH who's club has quoted they want a million that is the pond we are fishing in.
  • Addicks59 said:
    Yes I am as someone has already said (Crawley) I believe we are fishing in a bigger pond we are looking at a new CH who's club has quoted they want a million that is the pond we are fishing in.
    More fish puns!

This is not the place for positivity and optimism. Such comments will not be universally welcomed here I fear 🙂

I do hope you are right though. 
  • Addicks59 said:
    Yes I am as someone has already said (Crawley) I believe we are fishing in a bigger pond we are looking at a new CH who's club has quoted they want a million that is the pond we are fishing in.
    Akin Famewo?
  • No closer to home.!!
  • Tucker?
  • Sponsored links:

• Innis extension?
  • edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

From the last accounts, so not really timely, I am not sure what counts as commercial and what is a match day activity.  Its not a lot either way is it? 
    Commercial will include all retail revenue and non-match hospitality revenue, which is net of cost due to franchising, so not necessarily like for like with other clubs, plus kit sponsorship, pitch hire, local pitch and programme advertising, etc. But overall our locally generated commercial revenue is rubbish and pretty much always has been. There are structural / geographical reasons for this, to be fair. It’s not that people haven’t tried.

Headline figures are often hyped based on unlikely contingencies, i.e. early PL promotion, FA Cup wins. The reality is in the published accounts. As I’ve said before, the business is all about selling tickets. Everything else is central income, player trading or noise. Even the ancillary income on matchdays is pushed by extra ticket sales, but it’s the ticket income which is the main controllable revenue and it has almost no marginal cost of sale.
  • Tucker?
    Can’t see us paying 1m for a League one centre half.
  • Addicks59 said:
    No closer to home.!!
    Reece Hannam?
  • edited June 2021

I would guess all our current kit sponsors paid five figure sums. I don’t know the numbers but that’s ball park. One shirt deal in recent seasons was suggested to me by someone well placed to know to be worth about £30k.
  • Tucker?
    Didn't Roland pay a million for Pearce? I'd like to think TS would be prepared to stump up similar for the right man
  • edited June 2021
    YTS1978 said:
    Tucker?
    Didn't Roland pay a million for Pearce? I'd like to think TS would be prepared to stump up similar for the right man
    Doubt it. The fees paid in 16/17 are shown in the accounts as £421k - the commentary attributes this primarily to Magennis, Clarke and Forster-Caskey. This suggests no significant sum was paid for Pearce, which is my recollection and supported by Soccerbase, which has him down as a free transfer.

I believe Wigan wanted him off their wage bill.

He was a pretty good acquisition on that basis.
  • Addicks59 said:
    No closer to home.!!
    Championship player?