Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Sponsor / Partner Imminent

Comments

• Elton sang Goodbye Yellow Brick Road but didn't write the lyrics

So from your clues Bernie Taupin's mum is the new sponsor. @KiwiValley

Am I warm?
    Did you work at Bletchley Park during the war ?
    If I answered that question I'd be breaking the official secrets act but I will say that Alan Turing ripped off all my work and claimed the credit
  • So when there was the big ST push Mumford said on the Charlton TV show the club were close to signing a multi-million pound ground breaking deal with a new partner on a 3-5 year deal.

what we thinking? Didn’t materialise or being kept quiet as part of some kit / sponsor reveal strategy?
  • So when there was the big ST push Mumford said on the Charlton TV show the club were close to signing a multi-million pound ground breaking deal with a new partner on a 3-5 year deal.

what we thinking? Didn’t materialise or being kept quiet as part of some kit / sponsor reveal strategy?
    I try not to think as it hurts.

My guess is that it hasn't, yet, happened. 

Maybe final parts being tied up or it's dead but doubt they'd kept it quiet for long if a done deal.
  • Oh no !!! Someone had to link the Rueben brothers ! Absolutely loaded property investment brothers. Prepare for the meltdown when someone on here says they have heard they are investing to get their hands on the valley 🤭🤭🤭
  • edited June 2021
    Addicks59 said:
    A name was mentioned in a conversation reference transfers the name was Rueben a lot of fans query this at the time concensus was perhaps he was a new scout.I have questioned this with people I know Rueben brothers are a pair of very secretive brothers that invest in property they are also second wealthiest family in UK they are friends of the barclays.The point of this is they have pulled out of buying Newcastle after the Arabs expressed interest are they the imminent investment partners along with Andrew barclay. 
    Probably a bit of a stretch there mate. Any sort of major investment like that would have leaked by now. 

I’m pretty sure he’s a young lad who does scouting for Chelsea
  • This is the point I was making thomas has never held back that he is looking for investment Andrew barclay  stepped aside to allow Thomas a clear run to take the club over as roland would not talk to Andrew over his involvement with Peter varneyNow during recent transfer talk it was suggested run it passed Rueben there is know Rueben on charlton payroll.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    So when there was the big ST push Mumford said on the Charlton TV show the club were close to signing a multi-million pound ground breaking deal with a new partner on a 3-5 year deal.

That there needs to be an under promise, over deliver workshop at the Valley before preseason starts? 
    Exactly the phrase I used
  • I took the Ruben comment to be relating to recruitment.  I came up with Ruben Sammut who is a Chelsea academy scout and former player.  Only young so would be surprised if he were in to replace Steve Gallen

incidentally Birmingham were advertising for a “Head of recruitment” just last week so hopefully they have failed in the quest for Gallen
  • Swisdom said:
    I took the Ruben comment to be relating to recruitment.  I came up with Ruben Sammut who is a Chelsea academy scout and former player.  Only young so would be surprised if he were in to replace Steve Gallen

incidentally Birmingham were advertising for a “Head of recruitment” just last week so hopefully they have failed in the quest for Gallen
    I said about Sammut on here a few weeks ago mate

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/4333210/#Comment_4333210
  • Swisdom said:
    I took the Ruben comment to be relating to recruitment.  I came up with Ruben Sammut who is a Chelsea academy scout and former player.  Only young so would be surprised if he were in to replace Steve Gallen

It is him, he’s also scouting for us.

https://london-is-blue-chelsea-fc-soccer-podcast.simplecast.com/episodes/libkingsroad3-_C6gdaXA
  • Scoham said:
    Swisdom said:

https://london-is-blue-chelsea-fc-soccer-podcast.simplecast.com/episodes/libkingsroad3-_C6gdaXA
    Couple of interesting bits in this - he was shocked how bad our pathway is for u23s. We have no u23s training with the first team, whereas Chelsea have academy players involved in every training session. 

I had to turn it off when they both wouldn’t stop gloating that Chelsea’s u23s would breeze through the EFL (because they once got to the Checkatrade cup semi’s, despite finishing bottom of the group last year) - apparently EFL fans are ignorant to the fact that including B teams in the EFL is better for everyone because it would help the national team. 
  • edited June 2021
    But we are in League One, Chelsea are in the Premier League. Chelsea have produced players playing in many other's first teams, including ours recently with Maatsen and Gallagher.

Mind you, we could make a half decent side with our former youth players.
  • I am guessing the sponsorship is part of the kit release delay. 
  • Scoham said:
    Swisdom said:

Couple of interesting bits in this - he was shocked how bad our pathway is for u23s. We have no u23s training with the first team, whereas Chelsea have academy players involved in every training session. 

I had to turn it off when they both wouldn’t stop gloating that Chelsea’s u23s would breeze through the EFL (because they once got to the Checkatrade cup semi’s, despite finishing bottom of the group last year) - apparently EFL fans are ignorant to the fact that including B teams in the EFL is better for everyone because it would help the national team. 
    If they didn't merge some of their training - they would need facilities the size of the Amazon to accommodate all of their players if they stuck to their own groups.
  • Chelsea also make a massive profit out of their U23's (I think its over £20m per year) so can afford to have them train with the first team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Swisdom said:

That maybe due to Covid and keeping cross infection to a minimum across the two squads but doesn't sound good otherwise.

Then again we've produced far more players for our first team than Chelsea have in the last 20 years
    Yes, that makes sense.

There’s also the case that we’ve maxed out the u23s in recent years and don’t have much left. If he had come in 12 months earlier (or later) it could be a different picture.

• Perhaps the new sponsor will be announced after the end of our recruitment so any big name sponsor won't bump up agents' asking prices by 40%
  • Perhaps the new sponsor will be announced after the end of our recruitment so any big name sponsor won't bump up agents' asking prices by 40%
    I hope you're right!
    Why say anything at all then?
    Why say anything at all then?
    Good idea. A silent sponsor (wrapped in an NDA). The smart thing about that is you could sell a ton of them and they’d all think they were exclusive.
  • It's a shame the imminent nature of this announcement alongside getting our transfers done before pre-season never materialised.

I understand why the transfers have not happened, but collectively I can see how saying these things and not seeing them delivered has led to a low increase in ST sales once we hit 8500.
  • This is a strange one I agree if suddenly we become a very rich club because of further investment wages agents fees and transfer fees will go through the roof. Looking in from the outside knowing nothing just quessing thomas appointed a top solicitor to the board then housework has been done on company's house to clear up registration issues.Then the reserection of Barclays interest and backers being mentioned I thought at the time why is this being mentioned again now after the comments made about a new sponsor are imminent surely it would of been better to say nothing. Thomas comments we are going to blow this division apart and mumfords comments about new sponsorship are two people that cannot contain there excitement and a calculated  gamble to increase season ticket sales my quess is something big behind the scenes is going on.
  • Where outside of fans forums has a re-emerging of Barclay come from ? 
  • Addicks59 said:
    This is a strange one I agree if suddenly we become a very rich club because of further investment wages agents fees and transfer fees will go through the roof. Looking in from the outside knowing nothing just quessing thomas appointed a top solicitor to the board then housework has been done on company's house to clear up registration issues.Then the reserection of Barclays interest and backers being mentioned I thought at the time why is this being mentioned again now after the comments made about a new sponsor are imminent surely it would of been better to say nothing. Thomas comments we are going to blow this division apart and mumfords comments about new sponsorship are two people that cannot contain there excitement and a calculated  gamble to increase season ticket sales my quess is something big behind the scenes is going on.
    Are you sure you’re a Charlton fan? That’s way too positive (without being downright deluded) a take on things. I hope you’re right.

TS’ inability to contain his enthusiasm is endearing. With a little one just born I guess he’s enjoying some time with his family and cheering Denmark on in the Euros. 

Who knows we might get news a few decent signings, donning the new kit and displaying any new sponsor? I’ve now learnt that Mumford’s use of the word imminent differs from mine but I’m not going to take any one to task over it. If it’s a deal he’s been working on for months an announcement within a few weeks would be imminent in context.